Good Snacks to eat with little syns?

bellareh said:
Alpen lights are good. They are 3 syns each or you can have 2 for a healthy extra b choice (found that amazing info out on these forums and double checked with slimming world!).
It even includes chocolate fudge and chocolate orange flavours, so they're good if you wanna get a chocolate hit!

Also lately I've been having a stewed apple with tablespoon of mincemeat as a healthy extra b choice somedays. I usually sprinkle a bit of cinnamon and sweetener on top of them before eating. So nice, and it fills you up quite nicely

Thanx for reminding me of that! I forgot we can do it! I feel a new phase/obsession (whatever u wanna call it) coming on! What apples do you use? Just a normal dessert apple or a small cooking apple? X

I usually use baking/dessert apples but I have stewed normal apples in the past too.

They're all lovely!

I may even have one for breakfast! Well it'll be brunch at this rate if I don't get to sleep NOW ! Actually I was planning on a lie-in as on nights from tomorrow and need to get into night owl mode! X

Hi everyone
Can come one tell me how many syns in cadbury mini eggs

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Alpen lights are good. They are 3 syns each or you can have 2 for a healthy extra b choice (found that amazing info out on these forums and double checked with slimming world!).
It even includes chocolate fudge and chocolate orange flavours, so they're good if you wanna get a chocolate hit!

Also lately I've been having a stewed apple with tablespoon of mincemeat as a healthy extra b choice somedays. I usually sprinkle a bit of cinnamon and sweetener on top of them before eating. So nice, and it fills you up quite nicely!

Hifi bars are good too (healthy extra b choice or 6 syns).

I ate a lot of scan bran cakes the first week of being back on slimming world, and got a very good loss that week. Used to make them when I did the slimming world diet a few years ago too, and whenever I ate those I had a very good loss that week.

And theres always curly wurlys, fudge bars, etc that are quite low syn wise.

I have low sugar jelly too which is very low in syns and they're good for a sweet hit!

Good luck with your first week by the way!

hope this dosent sound silly but how do you stew an apple ,how long for ? and will it then be syyned?
sounds ansome

hope this dosent sound silly but how do you stew an apple ,how long for ? and will it then be syyned?
sounds ansome

No, its not silly. You only learn by asking!

Other people may make them differently, but this is how I make them and they turn out good! What I do is firstly put some foil onto a baking tray and turn up the edges (so if the apple spreads out it won't run of the foil). Then I get a baking /dessert apple and decore it and place it onto the foil. Then I get a tablespoon of mincemeat and put into the hole of the apple (where the core used to be).
Pop it into the oven for about 30/35 minutes or so on gas mark 5.

Before eating I usually sprinkle on some sweetener and cinnamon.

Had one today for my dessert! I tried it with vanilla mullerlight yoghurt for the first time today. I'm not usually too keen on yoghurt but it tasted delicious with the apple. Mmmm!

A 227g apple with a level tablespoon of mincemeat is a healthy extra B choice (or if you wanna syn it it is 0.5 syns per 28g of apple, and 2 syns for a level tablespoon of mincemeat).

Hope you like it!

Last edited:
No, its not silly. You only learn by asking!

Other people may make them differently, but this is how I make them and they turn out good! What I do is firstly put some foil onto a baking tray and turn up the edges (so if the apple spreads out it won't run of the foil). Then I get a baking /dessert apple and decore it and place it onto the foil. Then I get a tablespoon of mincemeat and put into the hole of the apple (where the core used to be).
Pop it into the oven for about 30/35 minutes or so on gas mark 5.

Before eating I usually sprinkle on some sweetener and cinnamon.

Had one today for my dessert! I tried it with vanilla mullerlight yoghurt for the first time today. I'm not usually too keen on yoghurt but it tasted delicious with the apple. Mmmm!

A 227g apple with a level tablespoon of mincemeat is a healthy extra B choice (or if you wanna syn it it is 0.5 syns per 28g of apple, and 2 syns for a level tablespoon of mincemeat).

Hope you like it!

many,many thanks will do this definatley,
1 more question when you say cooking apple is that the sort you would use if making a apple sauce?
could you use just a normal eating apple like granny smiths or golden delicious?

many,many thanks will do this definatley,
1 more question when you say cooking apple is that the sort you would use if making a apple sauce?
could you use just a normal eating apple like granny smiths or golden delicious?

I usually use something like a Bramley cooking apple, but I don't see why you couldn't use a normal apple.

I tried using a normal eating apple (gala apple) years ago when I did Slimming World the first time around and I'm sure I remember it being good!

Hope you enjoy it!

This is an amazing thread that has helped me loads (or maybe hindered me as my shopping list is full of sweets now :sigh:)

Catherine x

What about walkers tomato snaps crisps??? I cant find them anywhere and they are in my cupboard calling!!! xx

An 18g bag is 4.5 syns, and a 21g bag is 5.5 syns (all flavours are the same syn value). :)

Just received my hotel chocolate easter box (I am a serious chocolate fiend) but trying to be controlled so it took me ages to calculate the syn values (based on 7 syns per 28g dark chocolate, 7.5 per 28 g milk chocolate, cant account for praline but a good guess:

Total box totalled 248 syns!! but I looked how many pieces in each box and the individual choc syn value is below

I will maintain some control but enjoy!!

totaleggs and soldiers dark23.7510 pieceseach2.5 synstiddly chicks21.258 chocs each2.7doodle chick28.132 slabseach14praline dark eggs florentine23.755 chocs each5easter eggspose60.27selection box91.2530 chocs each3248.4

formatting didnt work so here goes again
Hotel chocolat dark eggs and soldiers 24 syns per pack (2.5 syns each)
Hotel chocolat dark tiddly chicks 21 syns per pack (2.7 each)
Hotel chocolat doodle chicks 28 per pack of 2 slabs (14 each)
Hotel chocolat praline dark eggs florentine 24 total (5 each)
Hotel chocolat easter eggspose total 60 syns!!
Hotel chocolat selection box total 91 (3 each)

hi could anybody have a guess as to how many syns a hard liquorice stick is they are 15g in weight but no cal info at all as they are sold loose . . ive wanted one for ages and i friend of mine found them in a shop so bought me 4 . . . they are the ones you use to have in kalie (dont know how u spell that)when we were kids thanx

mejulie70 said:
hi could anybody have a guess as to how many syns a hard liquorice stick is they are 15g in weight but no cal info at all as they are sold loose . . ive wanted one for ages and i friend of mine found them in a shop so bought me 4 . . . they are the ones you use to have in kalie (dont know how u spell that)when we were kids thanx

Well I've just looked online and says 25g of liquorice allsorts is 4&1/2 syns
I know it's not absolutely what ure looking 4 but gives u a rough idea xx

thanx pjplatts
i was thinkin the only way would b to go off weight so if they are 15g would you say about 3-3.5 syns each ?

Back