Good Snacks to eat with little syns?

I make my own Popsicles: blitz strawberries and pear (and any other fruit) add some sweetener and water and pour into Popsicle holder/makers and into the freezer! Delish! Going to try NAS peach squash next time too. And it's all free!

I make my own Popsicles: blitz strawberries and pear (and any other fruit) add some sweetener and water and pour into Popsicle holder/makers and into the freezer! Delish! Going to try NAS peach squash next time too. And it's all free!

Would these not need to be synned as you have blitzed the fruit. It is only free if eaten as fruit and the compounds have not been broken down. If I am wrong I apologise but I had been told the likes of making smoothies etc you need to syn the fruit so I would imagine this would fall into the same category? :confused:

Alycyn1980 said:
Would these not need to be synned as you have blitzed the fruit. It is only free if eaten as fruit and the compounds have not been broken down. If I am wrong I apologise but I had been told the likes of making smoothies etc you need to syn the fruit so I would imagine this would fall into the same category? :confused:

Yes they would, I was about to say the same.

I need to make a treat box my hubby snacks on all my low syn choc stuff.
Me too! Me and my OH have just moved in together and even though Ive bought him his own naughty treats he keeps stealing my mug shots, deffo need to hide them away :p

I like aero bubbleballs there the same size as a screwball and for only 5 syns u actually feel ur havin an ice cream...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

I was missing rich choc like galaxy but all their stuff is high in syns, the new galaxy flutes are 5.5 syns a packet and absolutely lush!! My new fave treat :) x

Love the idea of a treat box! I may start one as sometimes i do crave chocolate! I've been having the weight watcher desserts but I can't remember the syns from the top of my head.

Alycyn1980 said:

I thought it was only if you juice them? I mean passata is free which I make myself it's just blitzed tomatoes, that's the same blitzing the strawberries and pear, it's not juiced so everything is in there.

I thought it was only if you juice them? I mean passata is free which I make myself it's just blitzed tomatoes, that's the same blitzing the strawberries and pear, it's not juiced so everything is in there.

I dont think that tomatoes are classed as fruit as no natural sugars/sweetness to them? In the book on the Fruit page it say Note: Cooked, canned and dried fruit count as HEX's or as syns: puréed fruit, fruit juice, nectars and smoothies always count as syns.

The fact that you are only making ice lollies there may not be a lot in syns if any but I would check to be on the safe side - I may be wrong!

Just discovered marshmallow fluff YUM! 1 syn per tbsp. I just battled the night time craving with a mint WW hot choc, 2 tbsps of marshmallow fluff on top and a milky way all for 10 syns...pure bliss!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think the theory is that if you whizz up the fruit its easier to eat more of it and therefore more calories or something like that.

Alycyn1980 said:
I dont think that tomatoes are classed as fruit as no natural sugars/sweetness to them? In the book on the Fruit page it say Note: Cooked, canned and dried fruit count as HEX's or as syns: puréed fruit, fruit juice, nectars and smoothies always count as syns.

The fact that you are only making ice lollies there may not be a lot in syns if any but I would check to be on the safe side - I may be wrong!

I guess that makes sense! Whoops!! Still there are amazing and I can't imagine the syn content is very high, I'll look into it!

chomp 12g 3 syns
fudge 13g 3 syns
space raiders pickled onion snacks 13g bag 3 syns
milky way magic stars 12g bag 3.5 syns
jelly tots 28g bag 5 syns
snack a jacks salt & vinegar 22g bag 4.5 syns
a few of my favs x

Hi Everybody
Thanks for some fantastic ideas. I am new to the forum scene so apologies if I am posting in the wrong section.

I have just come across a syn free savory snack From Holland and Barrett.......GARBANZO ROASTED CHICK PEAS that come in 3 flavours I think there a good replacement for peanuts. What do you think?

Green-Free
Original-Free
Original-4and a half syns

PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK MY RESEARCH ON SYN VALUE I WOULD HATE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY GAINS!

Stay positive forumsters

Slimbod77:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Hi Everybody
Thanks for some fantastic ideas. I am new to the forum scene so apologies if I am posting in the wrong section.

I have just come across a syn free savory snack From Holland and Barrett.......GARBANZO ROASTED CHICK PEAS that come in 3 flavours I think there a good replacement for peanuts. What do you think?

Green-Free
Original-Free
Original-4and a half syns

PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK MY RESEARCH ON SYN VALUE I WOULD HATE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY GAINS!

Stay positive forumsters

Slimbod77:bighug::bighug::bighug:

If someone could correct me if I am wrong but I think you would need to syn them as you are using them for something other than there purpose. They are not a snack food but a staple which can be eaten as part of a meal. You are more likely to eat more of these as a snack. Guessing they would need to be 4 - 4.5syns a bag? They wont be free as they are cooked in oil (2nd ingredient on the list).

Back