Good Snacks to eat with little syns?

You separate 2 eggs + whisk the egg whites until stiff. Whisk in 2-3tbsp sweetner Then fold into the egg yolks (add a little vanilla essence to yolks).

Spray frying pan with fry light and spoon lg spoonfuls of the egg to hot pan. Fry for 1 min then turn over and cook other side.

Serve with fruit + yoghurt or lemon juice + sweetner.

Both me + hubby doing sw from home + these are a life saver x

Wow, these sound fab...cant wait to give them a go! x

1/2 syn roulade (1/2 syn for whole cake)

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
5 TBSP SWEETNER
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT - I like strawberries best

SEPARATE THE EGGS

Whisk together YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, 4 tblsp SWEETNER AND ESSENCE

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE Egg yolk MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT. If u have parchment paper use that. POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH MIX TOGETHER REMAINING QUARK + SWEETNER

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD CHOPPED FRUIT. ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

Note: WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL - but its supposed to + tastes amazing x

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
5 TBSP SWEETNER
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)

SEPARATE THE EGGS

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE Egg yolk MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT. If u have parchment paper use that. POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD CHOPPED FRUIT. ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

Note: WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL - but its supposed to + tastes amazing x

Nice, I might try this. Any idea if it freezes? That's my only problem with these things, I don't like waste, but doubt I could eat the whole cake and the recipes I have seen before usually go off quite quickly.

Thanks x

Nice, I might try this. Any idea if it freezes? That's my only problem with these things, I don't like waste, but doubt I could eat the whole cake and the recipes I have seen before usually go off quite quickly.

Thanks x

Don't think it'll freeze. Will keep couple days in fridge. My family love it so is there no one you can share it with.

Last edited:

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
5 TBSP SWEETNER
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)

SEPARATE THE EGGS

This sounds great. Only been doing SW EE for a week now and feel the need to do a bit of delicious low syn baking to prove to my family that it's not all doom and gloom!

amaaaaaazing thread girlies!! but reading through it to get ideas makes me want to eat one of everything you said!!!!! i miss chocolate :( Any good choccie pud ideas at all?
xxx

You have done so well in a short space of time.... Well Done!:happy096:

I've recently discovered Marks and Spencer's "Guilt Free Snacking" range. They do a mixture of things such as crisps, pretzels, popcorn, cake bars, etc. all low calorie!

So far I've tried their chocolate and pecan popcorn and their chocolate coated pretzels. The popcorn comes in a pack with 5 or 6 little bags in, and each little bag is 6.5 Syns. The pretzels again come in a pack of 5 or 6 little bags, with each little bag being 5 Syns.

Would definitely reccommend them to anyone for low Syn treats! I've decided to treat myself to something new from their range to try each week :)

Wow honey! Thanks for the treat update, and the motivational piccies!!
Im only in my first week and seeing pics like that makes me feel so excited and driven!!!! Yay! You look fab hun! xxx

Back