Good weight loss exercises?

SkyeGospel

I am just starting out on slimming world and really wanting to also get more exercise in too, but what exercises are both good for weight loss and also do-able for someone like me who is very overweight? I know walking is good, but any other suggestions?

Thanks

I am just starting out on slimming world and really wanting to also get more exercise in too, but what exercises are both good for weight loss and also do-able for someone like me who is very overweight? I know walking is good, but any other suggestions?

Thanks
I have problems with my feet so even if I was lighter I could run but would be hard. I am over overweight and I have been swimming. But of concentrating on how much lengths I do, I think about how long I can swim. This has helped with my weight loss and considering it is low impact good. I can not afford a gym so it makes sense. But other low impact exercises which are good for us larger ladies is cycling and I am getting a cross trainer as they are more gentle on the joints. Good luck!

xMariex said:
I have problems with my feet so even if I was lighter I could run but would be hard. I am over overweight and I have been swimming. But of concentrating on how much lengths I do, I think about how long I can swim. This has helped with my weight loss and considering it is low impact good. I can not afford a gym so it makes sense. But other low impact exercises which are good for us larger ladies is cycling and I am getting a cross trainer as they are more gentle on the joints. Good luck!

Thanks Marie. We are quite far from the nearest swimming pool (about 25 miles) and to be honest I don't think I could bring myself to venture into the public in just a pair of swimming shorts yet! But I really like the sound of the cross trainer idea. I had been thinking of buying an exercise bike soon and have seen that you can get one that is also a cross trainer. Sounds great if it is low impact. Thanks for your help.

I got a cross trainer around 6 weeks ago and have been using it every other day since. I have had surgery on my knees twice and am pretty overweight with a starting BMI of 46 (now a bit lower, yay!), so i had to go VERY carefully with any exercise. However, the cross trainer has been brilliant, feeling no impact on my knees at all and an all round great exercise. I started off not being able to do more than a few minutes but now do 30 minute sessions and burn off a good amount of calories, which gets higher each week :). I love being able to exercise in my PJ's without the hassle of having to get kitted up for the gym and hunt for childcare for my 3 year old.

Definitely recommend it 100%.

losingit said:
I got a cross trainer around 6 weeks ago and have been using it every other day since. I have had surgery on my knees twice and am pretty overweight with a starting BMI of 46 (now a bit lower, yay!), so i had to go VERY carefully with any exercise. However, the cross trainer has been brilliant, feeling no impact on my knees at all and an all round great exercise. I started off not being able to do more than a few minutes but now do 30 minute sessions and burn off a good amount of calories, which gets higher each week :). I love being able to exercise in my PJ's without the hassle of having to get kitted up for the gym and hunt for childcare for my 3 year old.

Definitely recommend it 100%.

Thanks for that. I have decided we will definitely go for a cross trainer on those commendations - sounds great. Cycling just seems too ambitious at the moment! And I definitely like the fact that I can do this at home as there is no way I'd go to a gym!

Years ago I dropped a lot of weight from doing the Tae Bo DVD, which only cost £3 from Amazon. The first few days of doing it killed me but after a week I felt a lot fitter, after 2 weeks I was doing it twice a day (workout is 20 mins) and looked more toned and lost over a stone in a month without dieting.

G-man02 said:
Years ago I dropped a lot of weight from doing the Tae Bo DVD, which only cost £3 from Amazon. The first few days of doing it killed me but after a week I felt a lot fitter, after 2 weeks I was doing it twice a day (workout is 20 mins) and looked more toned and lost over a stone in a month without dieting.

ThanksG-man. Just looked and it looks good. Might give that a try... Also there seems to be quite a few different ones available by the same guy. Tanks for the recommendation.

Back