Goodbye... for now

Excellent choice Lisa, I was stunned to read your first post. Stick with it honey, we're all here together like the biggest bunch of sisters and brothers you could ever wish for {{{{{{feel the love}}}}} xx

Aww I felt moved to tears reading about how difficult it's been for you. Sounds like you've had a real rollercoaster of emotions.

I agree that it does affect your moods at times and I have also felt resentment. When you're poorly it doesn't help.

As someone who suffered with tonsilitus before having them taken out at 14 I know how you feel. It's incredibly painful. An ice cold tetra might help if you haven't tried already or having your shakes with ice could sooth it.

I used to gargle with salt water and spit it out, but not sure if that's advisable on this diet. Take care x

Aww I felt moved to tears reading about how difficult it's been for you. Sounds like you've had a real rollercoaster of emotions.

I agree that it does affect your moods at times and I have also felt resentment. When you're poorly it doesn't help.

As someone who suffered with tonsilitus before having them taken out at 14 I know how you feel. It's incredibly painful. An ice cold tetra might help if you haven't tried already or having your shakes with ice could sooth it.

I used to gargle with salt water and spit it out, but not sure if that's advisable on this diet. Take care x

Thanks for the advice. I've been having warm shakes today, if you get them at the right temperature (not to hot, not too cold ;)) I find them so much more soothing than ice cold drinks.

Might try to salt water, I can't see why it would be too bad as it'll be spat out. Hope GP reconsiders taking them out, I'm fed up feeling ill with them

I know what you mean, but apparently these days they are so reluctant to. I got mine taken out because my Mum was a nurse and the surgeon was someone that she knew. This is going back nearly 20yrs!

I do not recommend getting them taken out though strangely enough!
I'm surprised I'm not more traumatised because the pain after surgery is 100 times worse than tonsilitis. I also suffered terribly with laryngitis and pharyngitis for years afterwards because (as no doubt you already know) the tonsils are the first line of defense. Lost count of the amount of times my voice went afterwards.

Whatever happens I hope you feel better. I think the fever that often comes with it is terrible, so get yourself off to bed with paracetamol and a good book lol. You shouldn't have to do a thing when poorly :)

Back