Goodbye my lovely scales

Some fundamental truths about scales:-

1) stick to the diet and you cannot fail to lose weight. it may be in fits and starts (erratic losses are not unusual), but you will lose it. At this kinda calorie level, you cannot not lose weight.

2) You will lose weight at your own personal rate, which is rarely, ever, consistent. One's own personal rate is a mystery know only to the pixies, and at this level of calorie intake, there is little you can do to speed it up.

3) Looking at scales is not going to speed anything up. You can look at them daily, weekly or monthly, but the amount lost at the end of that month will be the same.

4) fluctuations even themselves out over time. Not losing weight today (or even this week) is no reason to be proper upset. (Although I will allow 'a bit miffed' ;) ) If you stuck to the diet, you could not have done anything different, therefore the loss will just be delayed a bit. But it'll go.

5) if, however, you didn't stick to the diet, you need to be accepting of that fact. Maybe even write the week off, put it behind you and start again. But don't be surprised or disappointed.

6) Your losses will slow over time. And typical weekly losses vary with current weight, for the same sort of reason.

So what I'm trying to say is, look at the scales daily if you like, or never at all. It doesn't really matter to your losses overall whatever you do. If you can see frequent weighings as an 'interim reading' and not let it ruin your day, then fill yer boots. When the bathroom in my old house was set up I was a daily weigher, now they haven't been dug out of the box yet. But when I do get those sort of things unpacked, I *know* I will have lost weight. Don't know how much, but I can't do anything to change that amount anyway - so knowing or not knowing, is not going to change anything. If I'm on the same daily diet, my body will lose weight at it's own rate, whether I know what it is, or not.

So chill. Don't let it affect your mood. Odd things happen, and you can't actually do much about it anyway. :)

Thanks Miss D, I am bit of an impatient person so best I don't look at them everyday, I enjoyed the 1st 9 days to much. Thanks for the advice though

it is quite exciting to start with. It really is. And then the fits and starts happen, which is perfectly normal, and happens to us all. But seeing them actually happen on a daily basis is really quite demotivating, as you've found out - which is such a shame, as we may well be doing great in the grand scheme of things.

And measuring weight, is a terribly crude way of measuring the loss of... um, weight. IYSWIM.

Best of luck with it.

Thats a fab post Miss D. Thank you :)

I was disappointed with a 2lbs loss in week 3 but have lost another 3 in the first half of week 4 (I weigh twice a week).
Out of curiousity I dug out my Lighterlife book and discovered in week 3 I only lost half a pound followed by 6 in week 4. So there's my pattern I was desperately looking for from others. It was just my own body's pattern!
Btw on LL I lost 19lb in 4 weeks. I've lost 20lb in 3 and a half weeks on this :)

I am bad bad bad, my lovely scales began calling at about 6 this morning going on and on about how it missed me and to please please come back to it. I tried, oh so very hard, to stop listening and to shut it out but it just went on and on begging and sound so pitiful it was getting harder and harder to resist. Being the man I am I just could'nt stand to see the loneliness anymore so I gave in and unpacked the scale and put it on the floor and THE LOVE HAS RETURNED. The shame of cheating disappered for a second and the happiness returned but then it was time to put it away again and the pleading started, this time was easier though and I think it understood why it go back into the box for a short while.

heheh Mark.. You need to make sure there is a shift in the balance of power in your relationship! Be the one in control. Scales like that kind of thing ;) Little minxes... be dominant and they flash the figures you desire. Treat them mean Mark.. toy with them, think about allowing them to feel your naked feet.. then refuse and grant them only a session a week... but boy what a session!

xxx

heheh and the other post comments. you are very welcome xx

and and Thank you Miss D.. as always you are spot on..

and and and I think it is time.. don't you Isis?!? It's Jim time!!
You were warned group hehehe that 'Jim the fat' would be rolled out..

th_1lb.jpg

Every pound lost is this! and a pound less of our lumpiness closer to loveliness xx
xx

:8855::8855::8855:

Methinks Jim is hot :8855:

Me also thinks Short has lost her :break_diet: angels wings lol

Miss D what a fabulous post! I will really try to take that on board, so often I allow a number to dictate my state of mind rather than the knowledge that my behaviour will ultimately result in a succesful outcome.

Mark, I have scales which talk! "please wait", "please step on the scale", and then finally "?stone and ?pounds" - I live in hope that when I hit a bmi in the normal range that I will get a round of applause :)

Me also thinks Short has lost her :break_diet: angels wings lol

That was the 13lb

xxxx

lol!!!!

Well, it was worth it then Minx lol

i jumped on the scale thinking i would see a slight diference but there was nothing that had changed :s..:(...i tried my best not to get on to them but couldn't help it...i know it is afternoon so mayb that might impact my weight loss in any form but still bit disappointed that it isn't even one pound less or anything..:S...i am going to try and not weigh until at least wednesday if i can't stop myself from weighin that day...that should show some differnce then hopefully as will be the 4th day of the diet...soo fingers crossed...just love seeing results as they spur me on even more it is when i don't see them i get kind of down..but well done mark on not jumping on the scales every day any more and it is good that you have got the lovin again from them lol...:D
mwah

Priya. You only started yesterday. You have to give your body a chance to know you have cut down hun x

ahh yes truu lol sorii i am just impatient lol i am not the greatest at being patient about anything i am afriaid lol even with general things i am not a very patient person loll..but yh you are right and right now i am revelling in the feeling that i have fitted into a few size 8 tops of ma sisters so i know it is not just a one off with just one of her tops lol
mwah

Back