Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

phill1978

wants to get slim
as i near my 50 pound loss and looking at my photos ( on the before and after thread) i know now that the dark days of looking in the mirror and hating my body are now well on the way to being over, for the first time in years i look in the mirror and dont want to cry, i hated the way i looked , being a man i just put a brave face on when being called big lad ,fat boy, lard arse, fatty , even when used as nicknames by friends, im so glad i found ww and minmins its saved my life the program works for me and the people are great, i have never spoke to so many ladies in my life lol , i hope to get to the 100 pound mark this year (that would be mint) not just for me but for my wife so she can have the man she married back, after putting up with me for 10 years its the least i can do try and look good for her, anyway this is my first blog entry ( look at this when you are down or having a bad week) motivation is the key, right off to put the kettle on time for a brew

Last edited:
I have moved your diary for you...

Well done on your weight loss and good luck with the rest of your ww journey you really sound very motivated.

Hey Phill,

You have done so well. It' great that you are starting to feel good about yourself. I'm still at the stage where I cry when I look in the mirror and it's good to hear that that might go away some time.

You are an inspiration and so supportive to so many people on here, so thank you.

Kate :D

Hey Phill,

You have done so well. It' great that you are starting to feel good about yourself. I'm still at the stage where I cry when I look in the mirror and it's good to hear that that might go away some time.

You are an inspiration and so supportive to so many people on here, so thank you.

Kate :D

thanks kate xxxx we will get there :):):):):)

the suns out its a lovely day feeling good about things today, wi on monday had a good week i think, havent done as much workouts as i would have liked to have done ( life got in the way lol), funny thing exercise i never did any before diet but now im always on my wii or out walking, doing ok at it got my wii fit pig turned silver mostly by jogging ( 2 30 min free jog a day) and going on ea sports more workouts, i can feel the benefit before i would walk up a flight of steps and be out of breath now im finding i can do it without worry, been thinking about doing yoga( on the wii fit) no sure if i can bend my body into the posses old bones lol, is yoga a girls only thing? might have to look that one up. anyway motivation for today, remember that your family and friends love you, look at what u have done so far and dont forget that this is the start of a new life a better you a happier you and a fitter you and that its a marathon not a sprint, right off for a drink and a snack (pointed of course) see you all later

for the first time in years i look in the mirror and dont want to cry,

i hated the way i looked , being a man i just put a brave face on when being called big lad ,fat boy, lard arse, fatty

Often people assume weight loss issues are a female thing but I am sure you are not the only man to have felt like this. Maybe it is a mans things to put more of a brave face on it. Well done for facing up to it and doing something about it - 50lbs is huge :D

Interesting what you said about not hating yorself in the mirror anymore. Funny that even though I have loads left to lose I am the happiest in myself that I have been in years. All down to the wonder of positive thinking and the knowledge that this time I will do it and as you've said its not a sprint its a change your life :D

On the wii fit front, give the yoga a go. It is good fun although I do need to keep a chair in front of me to help me balance on some on them, but am sure my balance will improve.

Well done on your progress Phil, I am sure mrs phil loves you just as you are but will be excited to get old phil back too ;)

Often people assume weight loss issues are a female thing but I am sure you are not the only man to have felt like this. Maybe it is a mans things to put more of a brave face on it. Well done for facing up to it and doing something about it - 50lbs is huge :D

Interesting what you said about not hating yorself in the mirror anymore. Funny that even though I have loads left to lose I am the happiest in myself that I have been in years. All down to the wonder of positive thinking and the knowledge that this time I will do it and as you've said its not a sprint its a change your life :D

On the wii fit front, give the yoga a go. It is good fun although I do need to keep a chair in front of me to help me balance on some on them, but am sure my balance will improve.

Well done on your progress Phil, I am sure mrs phil loves you just as you are but will be excited to get old phil back too ;)

hi Vanda im glad i started my diary now, opening up is hard for me to do but I feel on here I can say what I think and have people like yourself who are in the same boat as me and feel the same as I do read it and not judge me. I am glad your feeling good about yourself and I know your positive thinking will keep you in good stead, I am going to try yoga (think I will need a chair too lol) thank you for you reply xxxx

Hiya Phil, yoga is a great stress reliever - if you can buck up the courage go to a proper class as it's much more beneficial than what the wii fit offers you. Saying that, wii fit still helps you develop your stretching and balance etc so obv not all bad - you just don't get the ambience that you get at a proper yoga class.

Well done on your losses so far you are doing brilliantly xx

Hiya Phil, yoga is a great stress reliever - if you can buck up the courage go to a proper class as it's much more beneficial than what the wii fit offers you. Saying that, wii fit still helps you develop your stretching and balance etc so obv not all bad - you just don't get the ambience that you get at a proper yoga class.

Well done on your losses so far you are doing brilliantly xx

hi blackwidow ( love the name) i think it would take dutch courage to get me in a yoga class lol maybe when i hit 100 pounds lost ( fingers crossed) i would look into going to a class , thank you for your kind words xxx

4am start

early start in the morning 4am ( why 4am? ) watching the lost finale (love the show) bit worried about my wi though , monday morning is when i get weighed but i dont know if the 4am start will affect it so hoping the time change wont mess up my wi, anyway today was fun went for a walk with the mrs, went to the park and had a picnic, did a hour step walk on wii fit, got a great sun burn can feel it on my arms , think the rains on its way tonight, last thing need to loose 1 pound at wi to reach 50 pound lost fingers crossed, right motivation for the day , you have done great so far, you were able to go out in crop tracksuit bottoms and t shirt and not be thinking you look like a whale ( not ready to walk around with shirt off just yet lol) well 4am here i come with a loss as well( i hope ) c u all later

Hi Phil.

Well done on the 49lb to date, that is such a great achievement and i am keeping my fingers crossed for your weigh in in no more than a few hours... Lets hope you get that 50lb goal to make the start of this week a fantastic one.

I loved your opening post, about being able to look in the mirror and feel happy and not want to cry... This is the first time in many years that I have been able to say the same thing... It just doesn't look so messy anymore. This is just the best buzz in the world don't you find :)

Here's to the next 50lb, you're doing a great job Phil! Keep it up!

Have a great week

thank you najh xxx im glad you are feeling good about yourself to , i nearly didnt write that first entry , i didnt want to come across as silly BUT im glad i did its nice to know that your not on your own and people are in the same boat as you are,thank you for you reply and im looking forward to the loss of the next 50 pound off xxx

:D Well done Phil what a great feeling huh!!
your doing great good luck for your weigh In and for the 50lb marker

WHAT A PRAT

after getting up a 4am today ready to watch lost(my sad devotion to a tv program)started at 5am i total forgot it was monday an missed wi, i think it was to do with the fact i was tired and had a restless few hours sleep with the hot weather. after lost had finished i made i good sized breakfast , then later went on the wii for a bit , it was only at about 11 oclock when having a look at the new post on here that i realised that it was wi day, so i had to make a choice 1, get weighed now or 2 wait till the morning and weighed, i have chose the second option, i dont think this is cheating i just feel that i have my wi time when i get up, anyway i feel a right prat now , right motivation for today 1, remember what day it is lol 2, dont be afraid to talk about your weight loss to people ( if someone says have you lost weight say yes for a change and be proud of it , a diet is not a dirty word you cant say in puplic) 3, try new thing out now you have lost some weight( maybe yoga, maybe going to a gym) 4 , walk tall and proud you have a new you to show off to the world ........ end of todays rants at myself bye for now

:D Well done Phil what a great feeling huh!!
your doing great good luck for your weigh In and for the 50lb marker

Thanks for reading my diary and being nice! Love your little woman banging her cutlery on the table (FEED ME) lol.

It's quite comical that you forgot to WI, must have been all the Lost excitement, not at you being a prat ;) - I never got into Lost, but can't wait for the re-runs now so I can give it a go as everyone raves on about it so much.

Good luck for WI TOMORROW :D

Nik

No, I am actually a prat :8855: or useless as the wife would say :p. In my defence I usually watch Lost on a Tuesday, so thats my excuse and Im sticking to it haha :D You should give it another go, its a totally different show from Season 3 onwards :p

right of to durham in the morning ( after wi lol) to get a cheap pair of jeans, going to have a luck around the charity shops first. i dont see the point of paying upto 30-40 pound for a pair of jeans when i want to be in a size smaller in a month or so. will make a change looking at xl-xxl rather than 3-4xl size clothes, so thats the plan. starting to feel tired after this morning telly see if i can keep awake for the england game tonight. motivation live the life you love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back