Homemade Fish Pie
Only 2 syns on Extra Easy & Green if using the cod as HeB & Cheese as HeA

Ingredients:

142g Cod pieces
1 onion
Potatoes for mashed topping
Mushy peas
HEA of cheese
1 packet of Co-op Parsley sauce mix (HEA of milk is needed for this or you can syn it instead) Parsley Sauce Mix, dried, 21.5g sachet 3½ syns!

Method:
Cook the cod & onions in the oven for around 30-40 minutes. Peel potatoes & make up your mashed potato, I add mustard powder to the water for extra flavour.
Once cod is cooked, flake up the cod in a bowl & add the parsley sauce.
Transfer to a pie dish & top with the mashed potato & HEA of cheese.
Cook in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Serve with mushy peas or anything other sides of your choice.

I am going to try this at some point I LOVE FISH PIE. Already got Gammon out from Freezer for a HE B tonight so maybe tryt his tomo ;) Thank youuuu xxx

Thanks for this - I have been looking for a tasty fish pie recipe and am going to have it tonight for tea!

mmm that looks yum, I have been craving fish and I so MISS mushy peas, they are hard to get here. I did find a tin of batchelors peas once, but for some reason they were a horrid pale green colour and not the vibrant green they should be, it really put me off lol.

I used to love those little pouches of cod in butter or parsley sauce too that you could buy, as they were not to bad, but you cant get anyting like that here.

I am not keen on sauces with quark, as it is just too tangy and not right at all. Must have a look and see if I can get a sachet of parsley sauce of similar.

Back