Gorgeous Lamb, chickpea & spinach curry

hopefulslimmer

Hi peeps,

I made this last night for dinner and it was totally yummy. This was a recipe from the BBC Good Food website which I have tweaked ever so slightly, original recipe can be found here. It appears to be syn free when I calculated it but please let me know if I have it wrong:

Serves – 4
Syns – Free on EE

Ingredients:

• 500g lean lamb stewing cubes

• 1 red onion , sliced into half moons

• 1 cm piece ginger , peeled and finely chopped

• 2 garlic cloves , crushed

• 1 tbsp ground cumin

• 1 tbsp ground coriander

• 2 tsp chilli powder – or more if you like it really hot
    icon_wink.gif

• 400g can tomatoes

• Splash of concentrated beef stock, about a tsp or less

• 200g can chickpeas , washed and drained

• 1 tsp garam masala

• 100g spinach , roughly chopped
Method:

• Spray a pan with frylight, cook the lamb until browned all over for about 10 mins, then remove from the pan.

• Cook the onion in the same pan until golden brown, about 5 mins. Stir through the ginger, garlic, cumin and coriander, then cook for 2 mins more until you smell the spices.

• Return the lamb to the pan, pour over the tomatoes, bring to the boil, then leave to simmer over a gentle heat for 11⁄2 hrs until the meat is really tender.

• Top up with a little boiling water if the sauce becomes too dry. Add in the chickpeas and garam masala, then simmer for 5 mins more. Stir through spinach and cook until wilted slightly then season to taste.
The recipe says to serve it with masala mash, which you can do just remember to syn it accordingly.

s60018111.jpg

Last edited:
Is that pic a portion or the whole thing? It looks lovely can't wait to try it tomorrow but will need to make double if it's the whole thing. xx

P.S Is concentrated stock Bovril from a jar? Thanks

Just made this for dinner....it was lovely and my partner thought it was yummy which is good to impress your man with diet food! Thanks very much xx

That does look good and I have all the ingredients in my cupboard :) I'm going to add this recipe to my SW recipe list if you don't mind.

Back