Got a question, advice wanted!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Caz, 24 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I've just started on the CD, like, today, so just! I've got my aunt's wedding in September which is one of my major goals really. I want to be looking fabulous and be a lot smaller by then. One of the things that someone suggested is buying the dress for it now, and using it as motivation. Do you guys think this is a good idea? I'm not sure, because how do I know what size to aim for for then? Oh I don't know!! Can you notice the confusion!? lol Just wondering what you guys thought!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. AbsolutelyFabulous

AbsolutelyFabulous Absolutely Determined!

The best thing to do is buy yourself something inexpensive but nice in 1 size too small. Then, when it fits, buy something else the next size down and so on. By August you'll know what size to buy to slim into for September :)

4. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Yeah that's what I've done! It was when I mentioned this to a friend that they suggested getting my outfit, but I personally wasn't sure. I think I should leave it for now anyway! I don't think she meant rush out and get it now, but that if I saw something I loved, to go for it. But I think that especially as I'm only just starting, I don't know how I'll do so what state I'll be in by September!

5. Raspberry

Raspberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.78%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I wouldn't bother buying something now for the wedding although i can see your friends point. For me though, there would be nothing better than taking my new skinny body of mine out shopping for a new outfit! if you already had the outfit it wouldn't be as exciting!
    Maybe that's just me though!

6. Dreamer<3

Dreamer<3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(20.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Its a great incentive I did it with my own wedding dress!! Now I am actually going to have to have my dress taking in!! Its an achievement!!! Go and buy your self somehting nice xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.