Got cold SS+ or not?

claireb22

Hi all your advice would be welcomed. I am on SS and this is my 5 week. I WI on a monday, but since Tuesday I have had a cold and today I am really feeling ill and was thinking of continuing the rest of the week on SS+ just to give me a boost, but was worried about my loss this week. Can people tell me if being on SS+ makes much difference to their weight lose.
Thanks in advance
x

Lol I'm in exactly the same position as you! Have my weigh ins on Monday, am in week 5 at the moment, had a cold since Tuesday... spooky!

To be honest I thought about switching to SS+, then realised I'm probably trying to my cold as an excuse to eat, something I want to get out of the habit of doing now I am on CD. SS gives you all the daily nutrients you need, so there is no reason why I need to eat anything extra. I've decided to just take some vitamins and drink more water than usual.

I think with a cold, if I had a bad weigh in Monday too after doing SS+, I might just get all fed up and end up cheating. At least if I have a good weigh in after a tough week, there's a positive to be had!

Ultimately however it is up to you. Hope you get better soon xxx

I've had a cold for the last 3 days and I'm on 810 anyway as it was my add a meal week so I don't think having SS+ will make any difference whatsoever to how you feel-I mean, if you weren't on CD would you feel any better just because you were eating food?Hope you feel better soon :)

Dont forget its hayfever season aswell, symptoms can be identical.
SS+ wont make hardly any difference to your loss, well done for doing a higher plan and just not eating anything, speak to your cdc about it and they will tell you the way to go.
Its true that a lot of people use feeling ill as an excuse to eat what they like, been guilty myself.

Echo what Luci and Badger have said about using feeling ill as an excuse as I have done so many times. Having said that when I feel ill I also do seem to be feel more hungry!

Had terrible upset tummy recently and felt starving, so it is really hard when you're off colour. Do whatever your body feels it needs as long as you can be honest with yourself that you're doing it for the right reasons. Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks all for your replies, I think I will stay on SS and see how the rest of the week goes. Hopefully resting and the weekend in bed may get rid of it. Hope your all feeling better too soon xx

Hi Claire,

I'm currently on week 6, and am doing SS+ because I have my final uni exams so decided (also considering the parents opinion!) that I needed a little extra, as my exams are really important.

My week 4 weigh in (doing SS) I lost 2 pounds
My week 5 weigh in (doing SS+) I lost 3 pounds.

So I in fact lost more on my SS+ week!
I agree with what everyone is saying, don't use it as a excuse, but I don't think you should feel guilty if you do a higher plan. At the end of the day, any plan is still the diet, and thats what they are there for. But I wouldn't worry too much about weight loss on SS+, there are a lot of people on here who have as good weightloss with SS+ as they do SS.

Good luck on whatever you decide, and do what right for you!

Back