1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Got copy of my Referral today

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by poppyowner, 18 October 2010 Social URL.

1. poppyowner

poppyowner Silver Member

Slimming World
    You know I asked for Gastric Bypass referral at Doctors last week - well today I got in the post the copy of my doctors referral.

It read:

" Dear Colleague,

I would be grateful if you could see this 37 year old severely obese patient with a BMI of 42.6 who is keen to have Gastric Bypass as other measures of trying to lose weight have failed. She has been a member of Slimming World since 2002 and has tried Orlistat medication without effect.

She also has type 2 Diabetes but is well controlled on Metformin 500mg bd. Her HbA1C on 23.08.10 was 5.6% . She is a non smoker and is normotensive with blood pressure 131/80 on 09.09.10 and her total cholesterol is satisfactory 3.6 mmol / L on 23.08.10

I would be grateful if she can be considered for Bypass Surgery. please find attached patient's computer summary details.

Yours sincerely "

What do you think? Am bit miffed he didn't mention the eye surgery complication and feel he watered down the Diabetes part - hopefully the eye probs will be on the attached sheet they mentioned (I didn't get a copy of that)

Fingers crossed eh?!!?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. clairex

clairex Silver Member

pretty standard referral really. You're hba1c is good! Good luck:) xxx
  4. Lovely_Laura

Lovely_Laura Moooooo

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    If I remember correctly that's pretty much how my letter was worded, maybe they have a template.:rolleyes:

I shouldn't worry though. I imagine they see everyone atleast once who get referred and the letter is just a necessary formality.
  5. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

good luck - hope you get what you need xxx
  6. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Good Luck from me as well !!!!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.