Got copy of my Referral today

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by poppyowner, 18 October 2010 Social URL.

1. poppyowner

poppyowner Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    You know I asked for Gastric Bypass referral at Doctors last week - well today I got in the post the copy of my doctors referral.

It read:

" Dear Colleague,

I would be grateful if you could see this 37 year old severely obese patient with a BMI of 42.6 who is keen to have Gastric Bypass as other measures of trying to lose weight have failed. She has been a member of Slimming World since 2002 and has tried Orlistat medication without effect.

She also has type 2 Diabetes but is well controlled on Metformin 500mg bd. Her HbA1C on 23.08.10 was 5.6% . She is a non smoker and is normotensive with blood pressure 131/80 on 09.09.10 and her total cholesterol is satisfactory 3.6 mmol / L on 23.08.10

I would be grateful if she can be considered for Bypass Surgery. please find attached patient's computer summary details.

Yours sincerely "

What do you think? Am bit miffed he didn't mention the eye surgery complication and feel he watered down the Diabetes part - hopefully the eye probs will be on the attached sheet they mentioned (I didn't get a copy of that)

Fingers crossed eh?!!?

Jill

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. clairex

clairex Silver Member

pretty standard referral really. You're hba1c is good! Good luck:) xxx

4. Lovely_Laura

Lovely_Laura Moooooo

Start Weight:
    33st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st0.5lb(33.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If I remember correctly that's pretty much how my letter was worded, maybe they have a template.:rolleyes:

I shouldn't worry though. I imagine they see everyone atleast once who get referred and the letter is just a necessary formality.

5. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

good luck - hope you get what you need xxx

6. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good Luck from me as well !!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.