Got copy of my Referral today

poppyowner

Silver Member
You know I asked for Gastric Bypass referral at Doctors last week - well today I got in the post the copy of my doctors referral.

It read:

" Dear Colleague,

I would be grateful if you could see this 37 year old severely obese patient with a BMI of 42.6 who is keen to have Gastric Bypass as other measures of trying to lose weight have failed. She has been a member of Slimming World since 2002 and has tried Orlistat medication without effect.

She also has type 2 Diabetes but is well controlled on Metformin 500mg bd. Her HbA1C on 23.08.10 was 5.6% . She is a non smoker and is normotensive with blood pressure 131/80 on 09.09.10 and her total cholesterol is satisfactory 3.6 mmol / L on 23.08.10

I would be grateful if she can be considered for Bypass Surgery. please find attached patient's computer summary details.

Yours sincerely "

What do you think? Am bit miffed he didn't mention the eye surgery complication and feel he watered down the Diabetes part - hopefully the eye probs will be on the attached sheet they mentioned (I didn't get a copy of that)

Fingers crossed eh?!!?

Jill

If I remember correctly that's pretty much how my letter was worded, maybe they have a template.:rolleyes:

I shouldn't worry though. I imagine they see everyone atleast once who get referred and the letter is just a necessary formality.

Good Luck from me as well !!!!

Back