Got my wrist tat

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

I finally got my wrist tattoo which was birthday pressie, but not sure if i like it tbh hahaha, think cos its scabbed over and still sore.

I dont no if to put it in water as it will sting as hell but i have two others one which had about 13 years ago on shoulder and one 8 years ago on leg but omg this is the one that hurt the most and i want one on my back and wondering if i should have it done now :sigh:

Can anyone tell me how long to wait till put it in water and will this help the scabbin to cover quickly.

Please let me no if you think its nice or not i do prefer the truth but my kids say its lovely and they reckon the hearts symbolise 3 for each of them (bless them) so i agreed hehe

Attachments

• DSC00059.JPG
    DSC00059.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 110
I think it's lovely. I would like my childrens initals on my wrist. I have just brought some numbing creme so now just need to find the lettering! My husband has had 2 tats recently and washed them straight away so putting it in water is fine.

It's looks really nice Jacquie, I've never had a tattoo so can't help you about the water question - but I really like the tattoo. X

I'm not a huge fan of tattoo's but think this is very pretty- I like it!

i think it's very mice. i am going to have one done whilst i'm away. i'm thinking 4 leaf clover, one leaf for each of the kids and one for my husaband. Really think yours looks nice :)

I think it's lovely. I would like my childrens initals on my wrist. I have just brought some numbing creme so now just need to find the lettering! My husband has had 2 tats recently and washed them straight away so putting it in water is fine.
Can you get numbing cream just over the counter? Does it work? i am a bit worried about the pain (i'm a woss even though i've had 3 kids!)

Each artist will tell you a slightly different thing about the healing process. I have 10 tatts now and my own way of treating them which usually results in a quick scab and then the scab falling off in 5 days to reveal a silky smooth tat.

About 2 hours after I get a tat I normally remove the cling film (lol) and soak a sponge in luke warm soapy water, then gently squeeze the sponge over the tat. Pat it dry and put some cream on it . Everyone's different, i usually use Superdrug's own make antiseptic cream as it's only one pound something. I do this morning and night and it really works for me.

ps, tis a beautiful tat and your wrist does hurt like heck-I've got one on each wrist!

Thank you all sooo much, i keep looking at it thinking yeah its nice then think god it looks like a kid drew it, i think cos its soo bumpy.

OMG YOU CAN BUY CREAM why didnt anyone tell me this ffs i need loads then for the top of my back ohhh where do you get this from:confused::confused:

Can you get numbing cream just over the counter? Does it work?
OMG YOU CAN BUY CREAM why didnt anyone tell me this
There is a couple of different types but the DH used EMLA the other day, he said it was a bit like when the dentist numbs your mouth, you can feel what hes doing but there is no pain. Hes got about 12 tats and it's the first time hes used it.
The tatooist said it was fantastic as his skin took the colour brilliantly and only took half the time to do it!
I buy mine from chemistdirect over the internet but ebay sell it but it's more expensive. I paid £15 including P&P for a big tube (30g) that would do the size of the whole of your back. My tat is on the base of my back and killed me (i'm a wuss too and would rather have had another C section) but feel happy to book in ASAP now:D

What a lovely thing for your kids to say! The inside of your wrist is far more sensitive than fleshy parts of the body, I was in agony when we had to do points there on my acupuncture course!

I think it's cute!
I was told to keep the scab (if one formed, the idea of using a creme afterwards is to prevent the scab) on mine for as long as possible to help keep the colour in so def get told different things by different tattooists! I used a hemp balm on mine and it was fab, no itching or anything (which I had with my first one, drove me crackers!) but have also been told things like sudocrem work just as well.

Last edited:
BEPANTHEN!!!

I am extensively covered and i can assure you bepanthen works to minimise scabbing. BUT, you have to use it from the first day you get a tattoo and then for anything up to 3 weeks after.

Dont soak it in water, just get a very clean flannel or sponge and dip it in warm soapy water and 'dab' over the tattoo. Once its moist put the bepanthen on and work in well.

On the subject of the numbing cream EMLA cream works well. I had to use 5 tubes for one half of my back piece and it numbed me for about 3 hours out of a 5 hour sitting. Its worth it for smaller pieces and to cope with the pain or larger pieces in tender areas.

Hi hun, your tatoo is lovely, i have always wondered about getting one, but never have, maybe it is something to think about when i get to target x

Thanks all, im defo getting some cream for back as was going to get my back tattoo done in las vegas the day before we come home but dunno now lol :D

When I got my last three tattoos done, the artist recommended using Lasonil Ointment. It's used to reduce bruising and inflammation and it worked wonders with my tats; they healed really quickly; they never seemed to scab, but jus healed up. The ointment is quite greasy and helped the area stay really moisturised. The tats look great; a little faded perhaps, after the 15 years I've had them, but no problems otherwise.

its mint, i got my kids names on my right wrist, and im thinking about getting 4 stars behind my ear, one each for the kids and one for my partner xxx

When I got my last three tattoos done, the artist recommended using Lasonil Ointment. It's used to reduce bruising and inflammation and it worked wonders with my tats; they healed really quickly; they never seemed to scab, but jus healed up. The ointment is quite greasy and helped the area stay really moisturised. The tats look great; a little faded perhaps, after the 15 years I've had them, but no problems otherwise.

Try Tattoo Goo cream for reviving old tattoo's, hey do one especially for brightening.

I have used it on a 12 year old tattoo and it really helped revive the colours in it. Go to Tattoo Goo :: Tattoo Aftercare to check their products out, they are really good.

Back