got to go alone.......:(

debtdummy

Silver Member
matts mum given up after only losing 1lb in 1 weeks, ( she naughty) so im going to be going to meetings alone..... im a big girl so hope i will be ok, and i got u lot to help me... soooooo nervous....... first alone weigh in is tomorrow. :cry:

I've got the same problem .... 1st meeting tonight and the 2 friends that were going to come can't now :cry: really nervous now! They have both said they are going to go next week, but if I don't go this week i'll probably never do it!

Walking into the room for the first time is daunting, but you will be fine once you get there. Just think, everyone is there for the same reason and a lot of people go alone. You'll have tons of support from your consultant and the other group members. Go for it! Good luck!

its waiting till leader is finished weighing people i dread. normally have cuppa and chat with matts mum....

Get to know some of the other people in the class!

there is another lady that started same week as me that im in a competition with .....

Hannah - just go without your friends and enjoy it. Next week if they go, you will already have a loss you will be an expert about the plan! Good luck.

Same for debtmummy, if you smile and say hi to whoever is next to you, you will soon be chatting. You already have something in common. Mind and come back and tell us how you got on.

I go to class on my own. AND although the group is a friendly group I found that the first few weeks I sat - on my own and just listened to the talk - and then left. HOwever, I bought the magazine and borrowed the recipe books to kill the time until the talk.

After 8 weeks now and for the last 3 - 4 weeks I found that people talk to me and I tend to sit near the onese I know I have talked to before and they all include me.

You'll soon FIT IN just give it a ffew weeks.

Good luckl.

I just love the me time weigh in gives me, cuppa, Hi-Fi bar and a chat. Does me the world of good talking to people who feel like I do and I have something in common with every single one of them!

Go for it you've nothing to lose.....except lbs!!

I completely agree with the others, you'll soon get to know the others there and if your shy you can always bury your head in a book/magazine until your feeling a bit more confident.

I enjoy the time out of the house and a night off putting the kids to bed! - It's a thrilling life I lead here!

Well done Hannah!

Luckily MadameLaMinx let me come along to her group for my first SW meeting, but it was so daunting going back home and joining my one the week after. Dunno why I was worried, I have lots of friends there now :)

i went and i gained 1/2 lb, but stayed had chat with someone who im racing to stone with and was ok, odd, tiny but lonely but ok

i kinda prefer when i go alone and sit alone... when i went with mum she never wanted to stay for the chat so we always left after wi. and now i have made a new friend there so we have a natter but i do like the feeling of just being on my own, in my own world sometimes. some ladies like to start up a conversation but ya know sometimes, when you really really really just want to be left on your own... and hearing about someones drunk 5 day weekend and how they still lost 5lbs when i lost 0.5lb and stuck religiously to plan... there's always someone who has a HUGE over-eat/drink and still loses lots, so i'm happier on my own :) x

i need the motivation of group so i do like to chat, but find it easier if im with someone already.. does that make sense?

pick up a recipe book and use the time to get some food inspiration....its a good way to start conversation with those around you ask if they have tried any of the recipes etc

Back