gotta stop buying "bars"..

ColJack

Gold Member
I am having trouble with my willpower at the moment..
if I buy things like alpen lite bars or equivalents, I keep eating too many..
I bought 2 boxes friday night and have 2 left... :(
I think I'll just stop buying them.. remove the temptation..

Yup!
I'd stop buying them. I don't have any chocs in the cupboard at all.
Just buy what you want the day you are having a treat.
I cannot trust myself for sure!!

Know what you mean, if its there it seems to be calling your name in those weak moments when you are scrating around for a nice sw friendly treat!!

I stopped buying them too or just got one box and told myself once they'd gone that, that was it. I also stopped buying the hi-fi bars cos I'd eat them all one after the other :s Lethal!!! X

Ooo i know that feeling with hifi and alpen bars, for the syns you can have chocolate or wine! lol When i first did sw every week, without a doubt one woman would eat 4 hifi bars while everyone else was getting weight and didnt understand why she wasnt loosing...

Me too! Wish I'd never read about popping them in the microwave x

.... i have two boxes of alpen lights being delivered tomorrow from asda.... :eek:

Trying to be good, but i know how you're feeling they are loooovely's.

x

The microwave sounds like a gooey piece of heaven. Oh god now I'm drooling and I just did the shopping for the week.

I used to be terrible with hifi bars, so I just don't buy them now. I'd have one in class (after not eating since lunch, in preparation for WI!), then another when I got home while I was waiting for my dinner to be ready, then another one after dinner. I just can't trust myself with them!!

I just don't buy things like that now, then if I want a treat I have to actually think about it, and decide whether it's worth the 2 mile walk to the shop and back. If i do venture up to the shop, I generally feel good about walking and by the time i'm there I only buy a low-syn treat. Where as if I stayed at home with snacks around, I probably would've ended up on a kitchen safari!!

My spare room is like a mini corner shop as I stock up on stuff while it's on offer. Hence there are lots (and lots) of Alpen Lights and Fibre Plus bars!

EEEK I bought some today - I've never had them before (the Alpen light bars that is). I bought them to have as HexB it's 2 for a Hex right?

I'm wondering if I should have bought them now!
yeah, 2 is a HE!
I love alpen and Hi Fi bars!! so far I have not over indulged on them but if it starts I will have to stop getting them.

A lady at my meeting last week ate 3 and said she ate 4 on her way home the following week

4 alpen lights is 10 syns thats amost a whole chocolate bar! much more enjoyable like karen said! Im trying to use my syns on things i want not think i want ;)

ColJack said:
microwave??? now I'm intrigued... do spill...

Yep pop it in for 15 - 30 secs... This works best with the chocolate and fudge ones!

Thank goodness I am all out,,, hahah!

slickers said:
warmed in microwave they are lush on top fruit and muller feels so naughty but not if HEB

Only discovered them with yog yesterday ... Yumm x

Ela ine said:
Yep pop it in for 15 - 30 secs... This works best with the chocolate and fudge ones!

Thank goodness I am all out,,, hahah!

Only discovered them with yog yesterday ... Yumm x

That sounds so lush, I can't get enough of those bars... Yummy yum :)

Back