GP Private Prescription vs Pharmacy

PaulaJ

Exclamation mark abuser!
Hiya,

When I was rambling on another thread, the subject of the cost of LT came up when I mentioned that I have a private prescription from my GP and I am currently paying £27. Now, I'm not sure if this is the right price because the pharmacy I get my shakes from have been a bit clueless and it seems I am the only person in town that is doing LT because they don't seem to know what they are doing!

My question is... is there anyone else out the on LT through their doctor and paying only £27 or am I just getting a bargain until the pharmacy realise their mistake? I have questioned this with them twice now and they have assured me £27 is correct! I'm happy about this obviously but am prepared for the day when they realise their mistake... if it is one :)

Hope you can help?

Paula x

i wouldnt question it again thats a bargain as i paid £44 x x

Wow!! £44??? Are you in NI? I've heard its a lot more over there... I wonder why? Are you doing it through the pharmacy or GP?

Believe me, I won't be questioning them about it again! I've given them 2 chances now to check it out properly... it's their problem now. If only I could get extra... I could send it over to you ha!

P
xx

lol yes im in n.ireland, although im doing refeed at the minute but hope to be back on tfr in 2 weeks x x

I pay £36, is that right??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

From what I can gather from others on here, £36 sounds about right. Are you doing the pharmacy program or did you get a prescription from your GP?

xx

Glad thats about right. I'm doing it through a pharmacy.
Odd how all the prices are different, shame they are not fixed to make it fair and accessible for everyone..

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi it is £36 there was a GP scheme but it costs to much money and was scraped maybe your GP has money left in its coffers and is still running it wish i could get it as i'm on benifits at the moment i did ask my GP but she wouldn't won't budge

debz x

I've just had a quick google search regarding private prescriptions and basically you are charged for the "drugs" or in our case LT and then the chemist charges a dispensing fee on top. Maybe LT costs about £25 and my chemist's fees aren't very high? And maybe, those that are on the pharmacy program are charged the £36 as standard across the board? I hope that makes sense?!

Either way it would be interesting to hear from someone else with a private prescription to see what they are paying? Anyone else out there like me?

Paula x

Debz, I so wish we could all do this on an NHS prescription, imagine... £7.20 a week or whatever it is these days! Happy days! :) My GP basically wrote the prescription on a plain piece of paper and used his stamp to verify it was from him (not the normal green prescription paper) As far as I know there is no assistance from the NHS on LipoTrim and from what I can gather anyone can get a private prescription if their GP is willing to write one & if it will benefit you but the person has to pay for the "drugs" in my case LT and also a dispensing fee to the chemist.

Hopefully someone out there is also on a private prescription and can let us know how much they pay?

P
xx

no one gets assistance with this because its classed as food and the goverment wont pay for regular food so wont assist with lipotrim x

64 euro for me and 84 euro for my other half per week.
rip off Ireland still alive and well

Hi Paula,

I get weighted by the nurse at the docs. She sends coupons to the pharmacy who in turn get me the shakes. It costs £33, £3 pounds cheaper than I would directly from the pharmacy here in London. If you have already enquired twice then it's up to the parmacy to pursue it further if the cost is incorrect because there will be in loss not you. Maybe it's cheaper on prescription. Did they give a reason why it's £27?

X

No, they didn't. But they record people on LT in a little book and I don't think they've had anyone for a while - they have a sticker on the front of the book saying £27 , I can only assume that they are using an old price?

Either way I'm happy and def not going to question them again :D

Back