Graham - thinner would be nice :-)

G1234

Hi,
I started Slim and Save 4 days ago at a start weight of 16 st 0 lb - weighed in Boots with an assumed 2-3lb of clothes. I intend this diary to document my progress over the months ahead. I weighed today without clothes and was 15 St 3 lb. So a weight loss of 7lbs.

My wife says I have bad breath today, so assume that equals ketosis, I don't intend to do the sticks or anything.

I appreciate that this mostly water, but it is a heartening start for me.

I have found the first few days difficult, mostly in social situations and just getting used to the diet.

I would like to say thanks for all the helpful comments. The guides on the forums about drinks and general advice is very useful. I found the Slim and Save website a little hard to navigate - you have to go to 'question' to login - but the people are very helpful there.

I don't intend to post every day, but every Sunday (to report progress), and to get up to 20 so I can have an avatar!

I weighed today without clothes and was 15 St 3 lb. So a weight loss of 7lbs.

Hmm, I hope today's WI wasn't in Boots ;). Well done on the 7lbs. Hopefully now that you're in ketosis you will start to see the fat melt away :)

Good luck !

I find social situations really difficult too - going out with friends and going to resturants - so any tips would be gratefully recieved!

Were allowed coke zero so that's what I choose to have when I go out with friends to pubs *when we go* ~lol~ I've done LT and mates have had birthday bashes and I just drank loads of water for those...for me it was about celebrating the birthday rather than partaking in the food tbh. I also made sure I'd had my shake before I went. Now that I can have chicken and veg ...its easier with BBQ season coming up :) ...don't need to eat loads just a bit to nibble on now.

Well done Graham for your losses so far ...keep up the great work x x x

done on your 7lb loss graham! Brilliant! Keep it up :) x

well it's tuesday and another day on s&s

In the office, I'm finding the costa insulated cup (for water) and the holland and barret 'precision engineered' shaker is ...... good for shakes.

No one has commented on my not gorging on 'birthday' cakes, sweets, chocolates.... yet.

I feel challenged in petrol stations, newsagents, shopping malls etc

Pubs are difficult - sparkling water and ice is ok (no slice), coke zero (yes - but not usually available), diet coke (no good), ?

Weight has stayed the same for 2 days after the initial drop.

Hope everything is going well for you all.

You know I think that people don't particularly notice you not gorging on the office tuck pile. The one think I do notice tho is that the pile lasts much longer in my office since I've been doing this diet and my friend has been on LL :).

Weight loss is like that. If you're a daily weigher you will see drops some days and not others. If you can cope with how erratic it seems then daily weighing is for you. If not then once or twice a week max may be a better plan.

thanks as ever Borders Girl

---

Well done on your great losses so far Graham, i've been weighing in twice a week (Sundays and Wednesdays) with Sundays being my "official" weigh day - i find this helps keep me on track.

I know what you mean about the social situations - sitting in a pub drinking sparkling water was a totally new experience for me LOL! I think diet coke is out as it has citric acid which can knock you out of ketosis (someone correct me if i'm wrong!).

Well done on resisting the temptations. It's amazing how many there are around us. And a lot are just habit as well.

I drink water and lots of it in pubs and usually take my own can of coke zero with me

Hi everyone,
It's saturday - we are travelling to swansea today to see daughter, husband and first grandson, born on christmas eve!. I'ts been an educational week, because after seeing a pretty happy 15 st 3 lb a few days, I've also seen anything up to 15 st 8 lbs - dependant on the time of the day. It's 15 st 4 lbs today and I'm going to take that as my 'sunday weight' and 'week 1' (as I started mid week and travelling today).

Generally happy on the diet - but perhaps unreasonably, i expected even bigger drops - considering adding exercise from next week on...

Challenges ahead include a work week in the USA (23 apr) and a holiday in turkey (21 may).

Hope you are all well, and your diet's sucessful.

Well, easter has represented 24 hrs off diet as just too difficult to deal with the social situation otherwise. I'll let you know how much it has cost me in gain over the next couple of days and how difficult to get back to ketosis.

Hope you all had a good easter.

rgds

Graham

Hey graham! Aww bet that was nice to see your family and new little grandson! The scales go up and down constantly, if you weigh more than once a week, i would stop doing it and just stick to the same day every week, wearing the same clothes (not much if possible!) and at the same time, definatly morning.

Sounds like you have had a good weekend, dont worry too much about having the break, these things happen, main thing is your getting back on track. Have a great day!

Thanks for all the great comments.

The one day off diet cost me some pounds back on, but still got to 15 St 0lbs by Sunday :)

Anyone know how to do these counters..... I have been trying to edit my signature to record progress..... but it is 150 characters!

Something basic and not too pink if that is possible? Not that pink is not great of course.... but something that takes care of male ego and pride if possible?

The more you post the more characters you get to add to your signature. If you get involved in some of the games threads that should up your post count quite quickly and allow you some more characters.

just working towards a picture in my account settings

just another way towards a picture in my account settings

rules are rules.... but I'm nearly at 20!

20 posts it is then

Back