Grain Free Weight Loss - 4 stone in 5 months - :)

Hiya I don't know the exact count but I know the main ingredients are dates and the dried fruit is extremely high, also cashews are prob the carbiest nuts as well xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ps if u google there are quite a few recipes for making ur own. They are called lara bars in US x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's the key isn't it... stopping at one lol. The thing I like about nakd bars is the fact they are all natural with very few ingredients. I shall certainly look at making my own along the way but at the moment I can't focus past wanting to lose this weight. I want to spend as little time as possible cooking sweet stuff in my kitchen as the temptation to snack through out would be too much. However when I get to goal and can just look at maintaining my weight I shall spend more time cooking everything from scratch.

My mum rang me last night to say she had a really good low carb day and didn't feel hungry. She had bacon and eggs for brekkie, chicken soup for lunch and baked cod, broccoli and roast green peppers for tea. When I asked her is she was having any snacks she said, "Oh yes I had four minstrels."
I had to explain to my mum that sugar is also high in carbs and will make her crave more carbs something rotten, to which she replied 'Oh well it's all a learning curve... Is chocolate a total no-no then.' I have pointed her in the direction of 85% dark chocolate. Unlike me she can just have a couple of squares without going mad. Her weight isn't from the odd binge, she has just spent the last couple of years having the best of everything 'butter on thick cut toast, roasties rather than plain potato, a pudding after dinner etc. As she says 'At 70, you can't get away with eating what you would like anymore.' Mum I have news for you... you can't at 20, 30 or 40 either.

Yesterday was an okay low-carb day... followed the plan and kept busy. Bring it on Carb-Addict... today I will beat you to a pulp. :)

Day 31

B.fast - almond milk and blueberry smoothie
Lunch: bacon, scrambled egg, grilled tomatos
Tea: baked mackeral, spinach and beetroot salad
Snack: nakd bar, apple

Exercise: 40 crunches, dumbells and squats.100 kegs. 60 minute walk.

sounding so positive miss Jones!! i think your doing so well. i like reading your posts... they make me think. they also make me have a word with myself about stop moaning and making excuses and get it done. cannot believe you have down a full month already. its gone so quick!
anyways happy whooping and have a good day x

Day 33

B.fast - almond milk and frozen blueberry smoothie (with a drop of natural vanilla esscence) I am getting addicted to these.
Lunch: Tiger prawn stir-fry
Tea: H/M chicken and veg soup and a nakd bar
Snack: 8 brazil nuts, apple

Exercise: 40 crunches, dumbells and squats.100 kegs. 60 minute walk.

Thank you Vanwoodle... I feel positive (most of the time.) I have had a few hormonal wobbles thanks to totm but hopefully I will be able to prepare for these next month - I have started to take Evening Primrose Oil capsules on the promise they help with PMT, bloating and that general fed up and ferked off feeling I have pre-totm.

I did actually have two nakd bars yesterday (those chocolate orange ones are so rich and so moreish) how I only stopped at two I don't know. Four days to weigh in and I am so hoping for at least 2lbs... that will take me to my first stone loss. Anymore than two pounds and I shall dance naked in the street (okay maybe I won't) but I would feel like doing so. I go on holiday in just over 10 weeks... if I continue to lose 2lbs a week that would be another 20 lbs gone before my hols, I could live with that. :)

Tomorrow is a friend's birthday party and I am going out for an Italian meal. I shall have to ensure I stick with protein and green stuff as I want a cple of glasses of wine too (this is my first night out away from little one since she has been born - O/H is doing daddy duties) I am looking forward to it but I will miss her loads.

I had a c-section with both my children and so that tummy overhang (kanga-pouch) is my main body issue... I am looking to find exercises that will help flatten that area as I lose weight... any ideas anyone?

I had a lovely night out thanks Vanwoodle... I had such a good time I spent most of yesterday with a chronic hangover (first one in about 6 years.) I ate low carb (steak in pepper sauce and a huge salad) however I had about two bottles of wine lol.
I am not quite sure how it will affect my weight this week but I don't regret the night out, after all... you have to live it up a bit sometimes or life isn't worth living.

Today and for the next few days I will be bogged down with assignment writing for Uni so I may not be updating as much but I shall certainly be back to report my losses or gains :O on Monday's weigh in.

Have a great weekend all,

Love Samantha. x x

p.s. After having three nakd for breakfast this morning I decided to give the rest to my mother... I can not be trusted with anything even semi-sweet lol. x

The chocolate ones are really really nice... they are banned until maintainance. :D

Day 36 Menu

B.Fast: Almond milk and raspberry smootie, 50gms nuts
Lunch: Roast pork, sausage meat and herb stuffing ball, green beans, savoy cabbage, carrots, dribble of gravy
Tea: Prawn Stir Fry
Snk: Apple, decaff coffee, herbal tea.

Exercise (Unsure as I have family visiting most of the day but shall fit something in somewhere.)

Sts this week ... which I can't say I am totally surprised after a drunken evening and excess carbs in the form of free flowing Nakd bars. So it is back to the grind and being really good. Just under ten weeks to my holidays... still time to lose plenty of weight and drop a couple of dress sizes.

My mother has decided not to carry on low carbing so I am back to a Saturday weigh - in. A short week for me then... just five days to drop a cple of pound and get to that golden one stone loss.

Day 37

B.fast - scrambled egg, grilled tomato
Lunch: chicken thigh (skinless) carrots, cauli mash
Tea: poached salmon, spinach and beetroot salad
Snack: apple, blueberries

Exercise: 40 crunches, dumbells and squats. 100 kegs. 60 minute walk.

Wow you have done well. This is what I am trying to do too - just started yesterday. Will be looking here for inspiration!

Back