Grain Free Weight Loss - 4 stone in 5 months - :)

Naughty carb addict she taunts me too

It has been our coping mechanism for so long it's going to take a while to get through things another way

I'm trying not to focus on the weight but it's hard and I am still weighing daily

You're doing great i'm following your lead!!

Nearly at the four week mark and I have stuck to my diet plan really well (bar two bowls of Cheerios the other week.) However I am not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in at all. It is my TOTM and I feel so bloated... my stomach has gone from feeling flat to fat over night. I also had a very salty bacon chop for yesterday's lunch and I don't think that has helped at all.
As my TOTM has hit me I also feel fed up and for the first time after a few weeks of positivity I am thinking... "What's the point? This is so slow going... Do I want to spend a life time without icecream and chocolate and beans on proper toast? I am so miserable not eating these foods."
This morning after 24 hours of feeling generally fed up I have realised because it's TOTM and I am feeling a little stressed due to small hiccups at home that Carb Addict has come out fighting. She is justifying everything, belittling any weight loss success I have had and making over-eating seem the answer to everything.
Over-eating carbs was my coping strategy for everything; being unhappy, angry, tired, stressed, upset, fed up, bored etc. Over-eating numbs my uncomfortable feelings.

Now I must address these uncomfortable feelings in a different way but what different way? Today, I am devoid of any answers.

Keep going babe, you are doing so well. You are an inspiration x

Aww thank you both. :) I am feeling more positive tonight... I have followed my menu and made sure I have been busy so not tempted by over indulgence... Hopefully this bloat will not affect tomorrows weigh in and measure in too much. Hot bath and Dvd for me now. Enjoy your Friday evenings Ladies. X

Can't say I am thrilled... but I did lose this week... 2lbs. I am hoping it is totm that is making me retain a couple of extra pounds of fluid as my diet was the leanest I have had it throughout all four weeks. I lost this 2lb between Saturday and Monday of last week... so the body has done nothing for five days. In two weeks I have lost half an inch off my boobs... one and a half off my hips and I have PUT ON half an inch around my waist. Not a happy bunny!!!
As well as TOTM (which I can't do much about) I need to re-assess what I am eating; look at the portion size, eat more veg and less protein, knock dried fruit on the head until I am in maintainance, check my salt & carb content and insure I drink lots of fluids every day. I do drink a lot of herbal tea but I struggle with my 2litres of water.

I know it seems strict and if it was my intention to do for a lifetime I would agree but it's for a few weeks (hopefully five months) to get to a reasonable weight and then it is all about maintaining and healthy but enjoyable eating.

Right I am off to mope somewhere else lol... have a lovely Saturday ladies; it's looking like a sunny one here.

Love Sam x x

Last edited:
On reflection I am a bit annoyed at myself for thinking two pound is a rubbish weight loss. I know weight loss isn't a regular journey with guarenteed losses... Or even amounts... I am being daft. I have been out in the sunshine this morning and came back to make a lovely prawn stir fry for lunch. I feel more in order now... A loss is a loss in the right direction and as long as I am heading in the right direction I should keep smiling. X x

I Think loosing 2lbs is a good loss, be happy with what your achieving ! Your doing great!

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Day 29

B.fast: scrambled egg and grilled tomatos
Lunch: skinless chicken thighs in a creamy thai curry sauce, peas, baby sweetcorns
Tea: fresh fruit salad followed by salmon salad.

Snks: -
Exercise: 60 mins walk

Had a bit of a moment last night and ate a bag of crisps... My Carb Addict explained they weren't grains and they were made of potato so that was ok. Thankfully it was the last bag in the house or I may have been waking up confessing to eating five or six bags. I am glad yesterday is over, my head was in an awful place. Im back in the zone and ready to kick this excess flab into touch. Have a great day folks. X

would love to be able to say "brilliant ....I've lost loads !" ....but i would be lying!!! have lost my way this last week or so big style. my heads just not been in the right place. have been very run down and quite low. whilst i know it would have a made a difference to my mood if i had eaten well, I've not had the energy to fight off ca . in fact I've given her my keys and told her to make herself at home!! think im coming thru the other side so have dropped a few hints that she might like to start packing up her stuff soon!!
hope you've had a good weekend x

Day 30 (wow where has the time gone?)

B.fast - almond milk and raspberry smoothie
Lunch: H/m chicken and veggie soup
Tea: Roast chicken, savoy cabbage, green beans
Snack: 6 brazil nuts, apple

Exercise: 40 crunches, dumbells and squats. 60 minute walk.

Doing great!!!

I keep justifying those vegetable crisps to myself!! although I made some parsnip crisps myself in beef dripping on Friday and they were amazing. Shame I finished it off with pizza!

Your food for today sounds lovely

My mum has started a grain free diet today after been spurred on by my weight loss AND the fact I am not hungry... at all. She only has a cple of stone to shift and I am looking forward to having a friendly weight loss battle with her.
I have switched my weigh day to Mondays so we can get weighed together and celebrate or commiserate our achievements or lack of lol.
That only gives me 10 more weigh ins before my hols rather than 11... talk about adding a bit more pressure.

I have bought some nak'd bars for snacks this week... I so hope I can just stop at the one... I really need to learn self-moderation.

Time for Cracker and a cup of herbal tea in bed... night all. x x

I have bought 30 on my Asda order... hmmm that could be asking for it lol. I have tried the pecan pie one and the cashew cookie one, just the chocolate one left to go. x

Sorry if this has been answered before but does anyone know what is the carb content of the nakd bars? Looking for a breakfast on the go idea and these might be ideal but I just looked at their nutritional value and the carb level looked quite high x

Sorry if this has been answered before but does anyone know what is the carb content of the nakd bars? Looking for a breakfast on the go idea and these might be ideal but I just looked at their nutritional value and the carb level looked quite high x

Hiya I don't know the exact count but I know the main ingredients are dates and the dried fruit is extremely high, also cashews are prob the carbiest nuts as well xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back