Grandma's Update

Grandma

Totally Focused
Well, I guess its time I got myself back on here now I'm trying to get some semblance of reality back into my life. Its over two weeks since Ken died, and I know its early days, but he wouldn't have wanted me to mope about or feel sorry for myself. I'm doing ok, having lots of wobbly moments over little things, but generally feeling quite positive and determined to continue to be the person he loved and would want me to be.

I've stayed on CD all the time and haven't wavered, which has been good for me. Its meant that I haven't had to worry about thinking about what to eat and then not get round to it. So its been an easy option really in these circumstances. I didn't do well with having all my shakes every day in the last two weeks, and I've been short on water several days this week - which has been reflected in the slower loss this week - and I'm now working hard at getting that back to normal.

I hit the scales at 16st 13lbs this morning - 90lbs (6st 6lbs) off in 21 weeks. I'm really chuffed with that as you can imagine!! My size 22 clothes that I bought a few weeks ago are now loose and several I haven't yet worn need to go back to be changed for smaller sizes! I feel good about myself for the first time in 16 years!

I've also booked my flights to go to Cornwall to stay with my son in law's mother for a week at the beginning of August. I'm proud of myself for doing it and making the decision - although I'm nervous about flying by myself for the first time ever - and about going on holiday for the first time without Ken. I just want to get all these 'firsts' out of the way as quickly as possible. But I've gone on long enough!

Thanks again for all your messages of support, hope, love and care. You really are terrific people to know.
x

Hi Grandma,

Loving your new pic you look fab in it. Sounds like you are doing ok with everything you have been through in the last while. A huge congrats on your 6stone of that is a mega achievement ken would be so proud of you. Hope you have a fab time in Cornwall. Dont worry about the water im sure as long as your drinking the min you will be ok. You will be back into the swing of things in no time.

becky xxx

Thats the spirit! You are doing really well. I am sure Ken would be very proud of his brave and inspiring wife.

Love

Grandma, you truely are a special person, ken would be so proud of you, as no doubt are the rest of your family. You are doing so well.

xx

Grandma,

You trully are inspirational. Ken was a lucky man to have such a strong woman in his life and you just know he's smiling down at you right now. You've brought tears to my eyes with your bravery.....

Good going girly!! Lots of love to you darling xxx

Hi Grandma, its good to see you back on here and being so positive. Ken would be so proud of you I'm sure. Much love xx

Chris, you rock. You are a wonderful lady and deserve every success. You are doing so well.

HI Hun

You are doing really well carrying on with life. Ken would be proud of you.

Looking fab in your piccie too

xx

Golly, I cant believe you've got the strength to come and talk to us at all, what a wonderful lady. All the first are going to be hard but with such strength as you have just now you will get through it. Sounds like your (water!) glass is always half full and that is an admirable quality.
Best wishes to you.

Hi Grandma, you know how I feel but it is great to see you back on here posting... you are such a strong wonderful woman and the piccie is fab...

Love

Ken would be so proud, keep going you amazing lady xx

Thank you all so much for your lovely messages. I really don't feel strong at all - I feel quite lost and lonely. But I'm determined to succeed for Ken.
This is a poem that was sent to me and has been so helpful.
You can shed tears that he is gone
Or you can smile because he has lived

You can close your eyes and pray that he will come back
Or you can open your eyes and see all that he has left

Your heart can be empty because you can't see him
Or you can be full of the love that you shared

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday

You can remember him and only that he is gone
Or you can cherish his memory and let it live on

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what he would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
Guess what I'm trying to do!

Love to you all
Chris
xx

Chris your a fantastic woman, l'm sure Ken is very proud of you. It takes great courage to move forward. Your weighloss is brillant, lots of hugs and looking forward to your posts. Ann

Chris, you are truly an inspiration in so many ways. Your positive attitude certainly puts so much in perspective.

Well done on your 6st too, how fab for you. Be proud as your husband is surely proud too, keeping watch over you.

Much love

xx

Chris you truely are a fantastic person you have done fantastic with your weight loss,well done with six st so far!!,and i do truely know you will succed with the rest of your weight loss journey. As for all the firsts after your loss of Ken, yes they will be hard but you will succed through them as you are a strong woman, and Ken will be so very proud of you and smiling down on you wishing you well.

Well done so far chris,

lots of love Tara xx

Hi Chris,

I can't help but be in awe of your fantastic courage and strength and I am sure your Ken is ever so proud of you and your family.

I hit the scales at 16st 13lbs this morning - 90lbs (6st 6lbs) off in 21 weeks

Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss!!!:happy096:

My size 22 clothes that I bought a few weeks ago are now loose and several I haven't yet worn need to go back to be changed for smaller sizes!

:talk017::talk017::wow:

I feel good about myself for the first time in 16 years!

Awwwwwwwww you deserve to feel good about yourself, you are wonderful and a real inspiration to us all.:flowers::flowers::flowers:
I've also booked my flights to go to Cornwall to stay with my son in law's mother for a week at the beginning of August. I'm proud of myself for doing it and making the decision - although I'm nervous about flying by myself for the first time ever - and about going on holiday for the first time without Ken. I just want to get all these 'firsts' out of the way as quickly as possible. But I've gone on long enough!

So very happy for you Chris:grouphugg:

Love Mini xxx

Well done Mum! :) Ill be on here a bit from now on as im gonna give is a LAST last try and getting the gain back off!

Back