Granny update and more sad news

THank you everyone....I am just about to go over to mum and dads. They want to go to the hospital to "see" her.....going to be tough, but I want to be there for them. My OH has just come off his night shift and has another tonight so he has to get his sleep in somehow so it's just me today, and then he will go to be with them in the morning. I wish he was coming today. It's going to be hard, and its going to stir old memories and future fears.....but I love my dad-in-law so much, I just want to be there for him. So give me strength. (I know I will be OK food-wise - just emotionally - brings a lot of things back, ya know?)

Anyway - thanks for all you wishes. I love you all.

xx

Well, as you know my OH granny took a bad turn recently. She had a heart attack and hit her head on the way down. SHe has been bleeding in her brain since, and nearly comatose.

The consultant has now told us she will never recover, and she is now on a terminal care path. She is just slowly shutting down until she passes. No IV drips, no food, etc.

Why can we not do for loved ones, what we can do for our pets. :( :( :(

I have also just learned that a good friend of mine, a lovely man, has been diagnosed with a very rare form of Leukemia. It can be treated - but success is rare.

Feeling a bit blue at the moment. :(

Hi BL, sorry to hear this is happening to you at the moment.

I can fully relate to how you feel, my uncle has had a heart attack and he is not looking well in hospital either.

*loads of hugs*

Thinking of you all today xxxxx

thinking of you BL. Look after yourself too amongst all this xx

Thinking of you all today. R.I.P. Granny.

BL that's so awful, my thoughts are with you. sending big hugs your way.

Thanks very much everyone. As these things go, yesterday went well.....thought that is by far one of, no - scrathc that - it is the least favourite thing there is to do in life....I would rather remember someone as they were, but I know viewing is very important for a lot of people, and I know it closes the chapter with certainty, etc., etc., na di wanted to be there for M & D, but I am glad it's over.

My OH half is with mum and dad now, and yesterday they were both in pretty good spirits by the time I left. So now, its all about family, love and healing. The funeral will be delayed sometime due to the fact that a fall was involved in her death....so the case has to go to the coronor or something. SO now we wait.

Thanks very much everyone.

XXX

Hugs BL. A very sad time, but a time to reflect on all the good memories too. xx

Back