Granny update and more sad news

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Well, as you know my OH granny took a bad turn recently. She had a heart attack and hit her head on the way down. SHe has been bleeding in her brain since, and nearly comatose.

The consultant has now told us she will never recover, and she is now on a terminal care path. She is just slowly shutting down until she passes. No IV drips, no food, etc.

Why can we not do for loved ones, what we can do for our pets. :( :( :(

I have also just learned that a good friend of mine, a lovely man, has been diagnosed with a very rare form of Leukemia. It can be treated - but success is rare.

Feeling a bit blue at the moment. :(

Sorry to hear that, I hope she's not suffering. My father had leukaemia - it's a tough gig, hugs and good wishes to you and your friend. x

Lots of hugs. It's so disempowering when someone is ill like that, I lost my Gran last year, similar end of life experience- very sad xx

Sorry to hear your news x

sorry to hear about your granny.
i totally agree with your comments about pets.

i hope your friend can get the treatment he needs and that everything does work out for him
(((((((hugs))))))))
daisy x

Well, as you know my OH granny took a bad turn recently. She had a heart attack and hit her head on the way down. SHe has been bleeding in her brain since, and nearly comatose.

The consultant has now told us she will never recover, and she is now on a terminal care path. She is just slowly shutting down until she passes. No IV drips, no food, etc.

Why can we not do for loved ones, what we can do for our pets. :( :( :(

I have also just learned that a good friend of mine, a lovely man, has been diagnosed with a very rare form of Leukemia. It can be treated - but success is rare.

Feeling a bit blue at the moment. :(
Sorry to hear your news BL.Life can be hard sometimes :hug99:.Take care

BL - hugs hon. So sorry to hear the news about your gran and your friend.

Thoughts to you BL, your life is a real rollercoaster at the moment!! xxx

Dear BL

So sorry to hear your sad news. It's so true that the good and bad aspects of life still go on whether we are thin or not.
I cannot understand why it is acceptable to starve elderly people to death just because they are too ill or frail to speak up for themselves. I hope your OHs granny is heavily sedated and as uaware as possible of what is happening to her.
:tear_drop:
So sorry about your friend with lukaemia too xxx

:flowers:

BL, so sorry you are going through this really tough time at the moment. Just wanted to send you loads of hugs and hope that your friend's treatment is successful too.

Thanks you guys, I appreciate your kind words, PMs and emails.

It's just life though, innit. Albeit the very worst part of life.....death. I don't deal well with death, who does....?

Granny appears at least not to be in any discomfort. Mum and dad no longer want me and my OH to come with them to the hospital though....they say it's better we remember her how she was....so she must not be as peaceful as they say. But we are with her in spirit. Dad keeps thinking it will be "any time now" and the doctor told them "48 hours". My gran was told the same thing, ans unfortunately for her she survived a further 5 years deep in dementia following a severe stroke - so for Granny's sake, I hope it is soon. For everyones sake.

I am still feeling a bit of shock about my friend P. I met him on my first job here in the UK 8 years ago, and took to him instantly. He is just one of those guys whose smile would draw in the grumpiest curmudgeon around. He is a gentle soul, and despite many hard knocks in life, he is one of the most positive people I know. That is a very good thing, and I hope that pulls him through.

After we worked together he became a motorbike instructor and he is who taught me to ride - did my CBT, test, etc. It was his gentle nature that made a very stressful thing, almost enjoyable. He loves to ride. ITs his life. SO as soon as I hear he is on his bike again, I will know he will start channeling his positive vibes into the things he loves. His bikes, his friends and living. I am sad, and worried - but if anyones decent human nature can pull them through the darkness of cancer - it would be someone like him.

Hey ho. Here's to a beautiful sunny day outside. Got to embrace the small things, ay?

Thanks again. :)

xxx

So sorry BL but it's so much for the best. Thoughts are with you today. xx

(((((((((((((hugs BL))))))))))))))
daisy x

Back