GRAPES

mechmanuk

johnboy
can someone please explain why grapes arnt a speed or superspeed fruit?
Arnt these suppose to be one of only a few things that actually attack your fat cells or am im talking jibberish! I usually do.

Blueberries aswel?

I have no idea whether they attack your fat cells (I've never heard that one !) but I think it's because it's easy to eat vast quantities of them (easier than for example apples or oranges etc) and because they have lots of sugar in them (hence why some drinks say 'no artificial sugar' but have grape juice added to make it really sweet). The sugar in them is obviously natural sugar therefore better than your silver spoon variety but equally I presume that you don't want to eat them in huge quantities either.

That's my opinion on this anyway !

Gail x

google em, apparently peanuts and blueberries are aswel.
Fats cells are called adipocytes in the medical world.Eat grapes or drink grape juice several times a week to signal those adipocytes to get lost. I really need to find a hobby for the winter lol.

Hmmmmm. Maybe ??? But whether they do or don't there will be a balance between their effects and the effect of all that sugar if you eat them in quantity.

So, I would continue to have them in small quantities because they are delicious and good for you but don't eat too many !

Enjoy :)

Gail x

The way I under stand it speed fruits (such as melon and strawberry) are fruits that are extremely low in cals so even if you eat loads you will still consume very little cals so they will fill you up for minimal amounts of cals, where as grapes and apples are not. They are still low enough in cals to be free as even if you eat loads it would be so filling there would be minimal damage! Hope this is helpful to you! Xx

im just curious as to how the body works ie fat cells etc and stumbled across (Fats cells are called adipocytes in the medical world), but im bored so lol.

There is a substance called reservatrol which is found in the skin of red grapes, blueberries, and some other foods, and in red wine. There have been quite a few studies which indicate that there might be health benefits - but so far these studies have been on mice and rats. Also, the benefits have come from quite large amounts of reservatrol - you would have to eat an awful lot of grapes!

Years ago my friend told me that her mums friend who is a nutritionalist had said u shouldn't eat more than 6 grapes at a time because of the natural sugar content. I wonder if there's a bit of truth in it

It's basically the amount of cals per weight - lots more cals in 100g grapes than there is in 100g of strawberries or melon.
That's the reason :)

Back