Greatest loser competition

I won last night with a loss of 4 1/2stone. The C mentioned doing an editorial on me - does anyone know what that would entail?

I'll need to get my X-factor style background story straight, I'll read it aloud with Elbow - One Day Like This in the background; I'll sit on a stool and stand up for the key change. Maybe I'll hire a wind machine to really set the scene.

I won Greatest Loser last night in our group with a 5st 5lb total loss. :D

it must be at the discression of the consultant then- because according to my consultant and my best friend who is also one- they cannot win greatest loser, even at group level, if they haven't lost in the previous 12 months

and i think that's only fair- i've had my moment of "ohhhh, ahhhh look how much you've lost"- next year (depending on how far away i am from target tomorrow!) someone else can have the recognition :)

I agree with this x

Anyway I won too in my group, 5st 2lbs loss and still got another 3 1/2 stone to lose so if I win it next year it's fair enough but once I'm at target someone else can have the recognition. It wouldn't be fair for me to win every year if I get to target! That's just silly.

This is exactly why I don't like competitions in slimming world ... I have won miss slinky twice , woman of the year and now biggest loser .... I don't like winning these and being put on a pedal stool as you do get some people who get really funny about it for example ''she won it again '' '' no chance of anyone else winning because of her '' it makes u feel guilty for your weight loss journey and that's not fair . someone's half a stone is just as brilliant as someone's 7 stone . rant over =)

Just shows how different it is from group to group - I've lost five stone and I've no hope of winning anything as we have some massive losers in my group, 6st plus. And more power to them! I did get nominated for Miss Slinky but came last and I hadn't lost enough to be nominated for woman of the year last time.

I know awards aren't everything but I could use the self esteem boost right now of winning something, hopefully one day I might :) x

Need to fill out the grand accumulator form for the national competition......took me HOURS last time.....and it hurt my hand lol

i'm not in the country for when the top 10 go to london for the final (may 1st) so i hope to god i don't get in the top 10 (i doubt i will) i would just cry!

i'm 13lb from target so as long as i'm target next year, and i am still the group's GL i can enter again :)

I won Greatest Loser today, 9st 2.5lbs off, only 0.5lbs to target. My consultant asked me to take in a 'before' photo so she can put me forward for something (not sure if it is regional or national). She did say that I am unlikely to win anything as most people who win things have lost over 10stone, but if it gets me a day out somewhere, then why not!

I won Greatest Loser today, 9st 2.5lbs off, only 0.5lbs to target. My consultant asked me to take in a 'before' photo so she can put me forward for something (not sure if it is regional or national). She did say that I am unlikely to win anything as most people who win things have lost over 10stone, but if it gets me a day out somewhere, then why not!

it sounds like the entry form- very long lol

it's just a national thing- not like woman of the year where are district/semis etc. it's just the top 10 are invited to the final which, according to my mate, is May 1st

I have lost almost 7stone so I thought that I had a good chance of winning greatest looser as the next nearest weight loss is around 4stone but it turns out that it's up to the member's to vote so I lost!

I have lost almost 7stone so I thought that I had a good chance of winning greatest looser as the next nearest weight loss is around 4stone but it turns out that it's up to the member's to vote so I lost!

Ooh, this is the one SW competition which isn't up for group vote. Odd!!!!

Ooh, this is the one SW competition which isn't up for group vote. Odd!!!!

I thought that was strange too! I don't see how it could be down to a group vote as the greatest loser is just that-the person who has lost the most! How bizarre :confused:

we were told it wasnt a vote.

Also told there was no vote its a straight 'who lost most' competition, that's how I won. I would detley ask my consultant about this, you've been cheated

Yep, there was no vote at my group and our C made the point of mentioning that the person who won would have won whether or not they turned up to group or not. It's just a straight 'who lost the most' contest - you've been diddled Pete!

Back