Greedyguts Slimfast Diary

I think when I'm on a vlcd I find being at work easier overall because eating becomes part of the routine, even when people bring in rubbish it seems easier to resist. Maybe because I'm too busy to listen to it calling me! When I'm at home I don't really have a routine, and when the family are home there are snacks galore, so it can be harder! If I'm counting calories work is hard because I have to plan in advance and I'm not too good at that.

I'm ok at weekends cos I always have stuff to do that takes me out the house. At work it's a case of being there from 7:30 to 5:00pm and leaving the house at 6:40am I have my breakfast too early. Think I need to aim for 8am shake, 10am snack, 12pm shake, 2pm snack, 4pm snack, 6:30/7pm main meal.

What do you reckon?

We are all different!! I know some days I feel I could eat all day an never be full and other days I can go all day with very little!!

Oh to be skinny and normal!!

Sarah xxx

I know what you mean. I'm doing a vlcd so I only get the four 'meals' so I space them out. Porridge at break time (10:40), soup at lunchtime (12:30), 'Meal'pack at dinnertime (6ish) and shake for supper (10ish). No snacks just that and lots of water! Still I keep telling myslef it's not forever and it seems to be the only way I can lose weight.

Does that stand for very low calorie or carb? xxx

Day 5:

Coffee to start the day and my metabolism
Banana shake
Apple
Sm salad and small amount of melon (100 cals)
Raspberry crush shake
Salt n vinegar snack a jacks
1/2 extra special pizza (467 cals) salad (50 cals)

The pizza was on offer and looks gorgeous!!

Done 45 mins zumba :) really enjoyed it!! Oh and 30 min walk at lunchtime!!

xxx

Looks good foodwise well done, even the pizza was within allowance :D

You are dedicated walking in your lunchtime, good on you and walking is really good for you....a brisk walk for 1/2hr would have burnt off about 120cals!!

The pizza was goats cheese and roasted veg and absolutely delightful!!

I have been down to the shops and running a few errands!! Tmrw I will step it up a touch!!

Seriously considering joining the gym. Get cheaper membership thru work for £19 a month which includes swimming and all fitness classed. I used to pay double at the one near home. I am more energetic in the morning rather than after work.

xxx

Omg that pizza sounds bloody lovely!

It was!! Very hard to share it too lol. Was in the bargain bay at asda!! Xxx

Does that stand for very low calorie or carb? xxx

vlcd stands for very low calorie diet, it is also pretty low in carbs so you go into mild ketosis. This is supposed to stop you feeling hungry (must say it doesn't really work for me!) If you stick at it you get pretty good weightloss - some people lose 5 or 6 lb every week. I don't but I lose very very little on a normal calorie controlled diet.

Do u find it hard to stick to Lass? xxx

Day 6:

Fruits of the forest shake (230 cals)
Apple (90 cals)
Tuna and salad (110 cals)
Strawberries & grapes (100 cals)
Lemon meringue shake (230 cals)
Jacket potato & beans (545 cals)

I'm off for a walk along the beach with the OH now!! :)

It's a lovely nite xxx

Fantastic food day today xx

Hi - the vlcd gets easier as you go along. It is very motivating when the weight comes off quite quickly and most people who try it are very enthusiastic. Most people also say they never feel hungry after about day 3, so with that and the rapid weight loss it is good. Also the packs have all the nutrition you need so you stay healthy. As I say I do feel hungry most of the time, but it's a small price to pay to get where I want to be. I have planned in a higher cal and carb week every fourth week. That keeps your metabolic rate up and also you know that you are not denying yourself forever. I intend to have a drink that weekend too! I tend to put on a lb or two that week, but it is only fluid and comes right back off the next week. I have about 4 stone to lose at the moment ( I put some on over the last few months). On this diet some people would manage 4 stone by Christmas. I know I don't lose that quickly so aiming for about February. Before easter anyway.

Cheers Redmel!! Was wondering if it harms if yr snacks go over 300 cals then eat less than 600 cals for tea? Weekends not a prob but workdays are tough!!

Lass that sounds too good to be true!! It's safe to lose 2lbs a week. Anymore than that then it's in danger of going back on as quick as it comes off. If it works for you that's the main thing!! I'd be worried about being left with loose skin. Biggest nightmare about dieting!!

But I guess that's where the exercise comes in!! What you studying? It must be hard to juggle everyday life and study xxx

I know that it is a concern that fast weight loss leads to fast weight gain - though in my case previously, slow weight loss has also led to fast weight gain lol! The secret in a proper vlcd is that you still get all the nutrition you need so your body does not get that urge to overfeed when you return to real food. There are some recent studies which indicate that people who lose it a bit more quickly are more likely to get to goal, I think because you don't have the emotional trauma of too many weekly gains or sts which lead to people giving up. If you get to goal you get a sense of success and, according to these studies on average maintain for longer than people who stop dieting without getting to goal. It definately is not for everyone though.
Actually not having too much problem with loose skin - other than tummy which was already shot by blasted babies lol.
I hope you meet with loads of success in your weight loss, I actually think this site is a huge part of the secret of success. Take care.

You could have a point about the trauma etc!! It's very disappointing when you step on the scales and don't see what you want to see!! Many a time I've given up at the 1st hurdle.

I wish real food didn't taste as good lol.

Speak soon xxx

Well I feel sure you won't give up this time - you seem very determined.

Sorry I forgot to answer your question re: the studying - I'm doing an OU psychology degree.

Very exciting!! But hard work I bet :) I would like to retrain but haven't got the money to do it!! Maybe later in life xxx

Day 7:

Early start to my gym induction.

Shake (230 cals)
Strawberries & grapes (100 cals)
Jacket potato and tuna (met friend for lunch) (300 cals)
Banana (90 cals)
Salt n vinegar snack a jacks (88 cals)
2 mushroom burgers, salad & 2 slices brown bread (500 cals.)

Burnt 421 cals jogging :)

xxx

Back