Green Day Vs Red Day!

New here! ^_^ Help, red days and green days

I just don't understand how eating as much pasta or rice on a green day can help you lose weight?! Because I love pasta, rice and bread, that's how I gained weight in the first place :cry: But I could understand how you lose weight on red days, being like the atkins diet. I did try atkins and it worked for me when I was in high school, but tried it again and I was just too tired and couldn't stick with it. So I could do with some help! ^_^

Green for me as Im veggie, have to say that I love all the foods I get to eat so its great

Im normally a red girl but ive had to do green for nearly 2 weeks due to a cash flow situation.

I used to always feel stuffed on green but the more ive done it recently the less full ive been.

I've been back on red yesterday and today and feel much better - in fact i was stuffed to the brim yesterday and i hadn't eaten as much as i normally do!

I did all green days when I first started SW, now do EE, but I did find that I retained a lot of water with green, not reflected in scales I might add, but my ankles and knees would swell up an awefull lot and be very painfull. This might be due to the fact I eat white pasta and rice as don't like brown, but not sure about it. Since doing EE and being able to mix and match, I don't have so much pasta and rice on the plate and the problem seems to have pretty much gone away, but it is noticalble again if I have a pasta n sauce for some reason.

I do lots of lovely reddy red red cos I am a bit of a chickenaholic. I can still sometimes eat a whole deskinned small chicken to myself when i'm really starving and lose weight so that's what works for me.

I sometimes chuck a couple of green days in for fullness same as you though. Today is a green day for example! I could really just go some pasta n sauce right now but I haven't got any :-(

When I followed the plan first time round I mainly followed green days but so far this time I've been doing Extra Easy and love it. If I stop losing then I will probably revert back to the green plan.

I just don't understand how eating as much pasta or rice on a green day can help you lose weight?! Because I love pasta, rice and bread, that's how I gained weight in the first place :cry: But I could understand how you lose weight on red days, being like the atkins diet. I did try atkins and it worked for me when I was in high school, but tried it again and I was just too tired and couldn't stick with it. So I could do with some help! ^_^

Blimey, this is an old thread revived!

Welcome along Heather!

You may have gained weight eating pasta/rice before SW but you wouldn't have been restricting your bread/cereal/cheese/milk/fatty food/sweet foods like you do on SW.

SW works because certain foods are free but others, like bread, are restricted.

Have you ever done SW hun? It really does work, takes a while to get your head around but once you do, it's fab!

Get yourself along to a class, find out all the info and give it a go!

It may be that red days will work better for you in that case?
To be honest, people find that it isn't things like pasta, rice and bread that made them put on weight, its the other things they "forget" about! ( i know that was my problem!) as well as things you put on or in the pasta.. its amazing how bad some of the sauces are for you!

If you look on the Slimming World website theres an interesting bit about how it works. The theory is that carbs are supposed to fill you up and therefore you will have less room to snack!

it is strange how it works but its to do with the way your body uses what it's putting in to you.

Hope this helps a little bit!?;)

Well im changing from red to green after doing red for 7 weeks so ill see how i get on.

I've been on slimming world before this, and i still have never done a red day. I don't like meat really, so it'd be pretty much impossible!

Back