Green Days - food ideas please

Teenyweeny

Hi all

i have been half heartedly following EE but not having much luck and kinda given up so I am thinking perhaps green would suit me better (I struggle with having my HE all at breakfast (milk and cereal))

I am not sure what sort of things i can have for lunch and tea if i am on green, i like chicken and tuna and eggs and have them alot with stuff, i like pasta and pots and veg

Can you please help with snacks, and meals please. I am not good in the kitchen so basic ideas please lol

Thank you all

x

Salad with new potatoes, eggs and whatever
Jacket potato and beans is nice :)
Pastas, including batchelors pasta and low fat supernoodles
rice & peas
Vege soups
home made SW chips
cous cous (ainsley harriot ones are easy and just 1.5 syns per pack)
quorn! I dont like the sausages personally but the meatballs and mince is yummy!

you can have your meat as a HEX and also all that strachy veg!! YUM YUM!!

Hope this helps :)

xx

I do green days when im day shift as im in work from 7-7.30 and i have...

Brekkie - 2 slice wholemeal ww bread (1heb) and banana and a yoghurt

Snack - Choc and fudge alpen bar (1/2heb)

Lunch - Baked Potatoe with beans and cheese (hea) and salad then normally some grapes or melon

Snack - choc and fudge alpen bar (1/2heb)

Dinner - pasta n sauce and a yoghurt

And thats not including any syns....

Thanks again :D

Can I also ask.... do you have to fill up on the super free stuff (on ee it is 1/3 of your meal) or is that not so important on green?

soz for all the questions lol

x

You don't have to do the 1/3 superfree on green. If you want tuna or chicken you must weigh it and have it as a hex B.

You can have spag bolognese and shepherds pie made with meatfree/quorn mince. I like veggie sausages with sw chips and beans. Mushroom and leeks with pasta is nice. Tofu stir fry with noodles is lovely.
Basically, you can have anything that's free but without any meat or fish! You can in theory snack on things like mugshots between meals, but if it affects your weight loss those should be the first things to drop. I sometimes have a mugshot for lunch at work. Home made soups are great for lunch.

I'm doing an all week of green and submitting my diary on here in food diary section so you could look at that, only had 2 days so far but I'll do it each day :)

My fave green day meal is cheesy mash,made with laughing cow light(Hexa)a dollop of ff fromage frais,salt and pepper and a mound of beans!!

Comfort food at its best.....:D

Back