• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Green days just don't work for me

Even though whenever I follow SW i never have much luck on green days, i thought i'd give it a go again and see how I got on. well, a week of following the plan to the absolute letter and all i managed to lose was half a pound this week!!:mad:

I'm right back on red days now!

anyone else have the same problem?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
my consultant told us that if u have more than 5 st to lose.....that sometimes when doin a green day u hold water.....stick with it for a couple of weeks and u will start to lose weight........or make sure u do 2 reds days before weigh in.....that way u lose the water that u hold on green days.........and it does work cos i've lost loads doin that........good luck

yeah I always get bloated on a green day so now I am doing extra easy but avoiding my carbs so my weight loss is better xx

i tried green for a week and put on 2lb!! they dont work for me either x

When I did SW I always found I did better doing green days, and never lost anything when doing red! Weird!

lwtblb

Silver Member
Before the EE plan I did mainly green, but always did 2, occasionally 3 red days per week & that seemed to work. I've never followed just green, because whilst I prefered them & felt fuller generally, I do still like meat & found red easier for roast days....it's not a problem now though!!

dehli

Silver Member
I do mainly green days and have a steady loss except when I've been naughty at the weekend! You have to find out what works best for your body.

A close friend of mine lost 3 stone in 4 months and only had about 3 red days the entire time, so I know the green days work - just not for me!

Last edited:
As I am vegetarian I only do green days and find my weight loss is good. A friend of mine lost 9 stone in 10 months doing only green days too, so I think its just a case of finding what suits you and following that

I've been doing SW on and off for years, tried the EE for a few weeks and it didn't work for me, neither do red days which is a shame because I enjoy meat. I'm going to try sticking to green days with the odd red day thrown in once a week or so for a bit of variety. Everyone is different which is why SW is so good as there are plans to suit everyone.

For me its red days that work best.

People who know me are surprised because the choices I make when I'm not doing SW are much more like the green days. I wonder if thats the difference though its very unlike what I would normally have.

I also find that having fish rather than meat seems to suit me better.

I suppose we all just need to find what works best for us.