Green Eyed Girl's Diary.. here goes nothing! and everything.

Aghhh GEG, isn't that typically frustrating! lol. Yes, you will likely hit the 14's the day after weigh in, but you will be well into them at next official one. You still had a fab loss this week. Well done! :D

Serial - You need a diary :D lol Life long asthmatic here. Both my children have it too. You will soon get it under control and feel a lot better :)

Jayne hope you do well this week!! Might have a sneaky WI just to see that magic number on the scales :) that scales is definitely messing with my head!
Serial you'll pass me out this week being your first full week back. I ate my last bar today. My delivery came to work when I was away so I'll get them from the mail room tomorrow. I need a bar a day as well, so handy. Like you the meals aren't my thing but I won't waste them either.

Had another salad today before coming home. Really really enjoyed it. I just can't get out of the lunches when I'm away, so just picking the lowest cab and calorie ones and enjoying it. Back to the old routine of 3 a day from the morning.

Green one of the biggest problems experienced by VLCD-ers at all stages of weight loss is the reality of adding regular food in moderate and controlled amounts. I know people who go on Cambridge for example and commit to twelve weeks in a row with no extra food at all. Commit - but don't always make it that far for a variety of very good reasons LOL. Being scared of real food, and being even more scared of not being able to stop and/or of later being unable to get back into the diet often become self-fulfilling prophecies. So by adding food when we need to, and also during food week, we are helping to prevent eventual terror of ever eating anything not a VLCD meal pack!

Whats more we truly savour and enjoy our wee bit of healthy food. When you register a proper 14s weight - and you very soon will - I'll give a cheer. You can do the same for me when the time comes! xx

Last edited:
YAY YAY my bars have arrived! The cheapest postage option (£1.49) and it only took four days. Not bad at all. For the next three weeks I can have one bar a day - or two for half the time LOL.

Green I won't get a big loss this week. My 'water weight' was lost during the first couple of weeks. I might have a wee bit regained water to lose now but if so it won't be much. I'm fine with that. I promised myself this time around that I'd concentrate on steady losses over the weeks and months rather than obsess with the loss (or not) on any given week. I've driven myself half-crazy in the past fretting about the numbers. I lose more slowly now that I am older and have arthritis so my hopeful target of 2lb each week still stands.

I suspect that Exante may prove to be my 'very best diet'. I have a lot of respect for Cambridge as it offers quality products and 'free' counselling. I just find Exante tastier and more filling - so I cheerfully accept the small amount of extra carbs and calories. If only I could relish the Exante meals! But one can't have everything Ha Ha x

That's so true about looking at the loss over a long term basis rather than a weekly one & then getting stressed out when we get a bad week. I've been doing WS this week & its so much easier than TS. May stick to this plan & see how it goes after a month x

Girls, I'm having a good weekend generally, but finding it hard to get back to 3 packs a day after being away during the week, I'm finding I just want real food, for at least 1 meal a day. I met friends today for lunch, so I stuck to my trusty salad and hoped I minimised the damage. I'm not fighting the urge to binge or craving particular food, just really enjoying 'real' food. Tomorrow I'll get back to the old routine.. I just have to. I'm definitely not gaining weight, but I've a long road ahead so I need to stick to the plan as much as possible to reach my June goal. That's the key I suppose, to refocus on the long term goal... we'll get there!

GEG one of the things I miss most on this diet is fresh foods - fruits, vegetables, salads, etc. Despite being so heavy, I still used to eat a substantial amount of these foods, and enjoyed them. I just keep thinking to myself that I will eat them again, but for now, I have to do this and take off the weight that is limiting my quality of life and all the things I want to do. I have to think back to day one and why I wanted to do this diet, and keep my eye on where I want to be by the end of July and then by the end of the year. It's hard, but we can do it :)

I crave fruit and vegetables too! It's understandable since TS means 'none of the aforementioned'. I loved the real food I ate whilst ill; the reality of going back to TS is making me a bit sad and apprehensive. I just (6am) had a lovely cup of coffee and a delicious toffee and nut bar. Yum-E. It's ages 'til bedtime... LOL. Even so I long to see my WI numbers fall and fall, again xx

Funny how TSing makes us want to eat healthy food. I love mangoes & passion fruits but definitely wont be eating any of those at the moment. I also want bananas at the moment but even on WS wouldn't risk eating one x

Some days its a bit of a torment cooking the delicious food for hubby and kids and just longing for it myself. But I love cooking! & I'm changing the way we all eat for the better. I was a pleasure watching the kids devouring corn on the cob yesterday.

My problem in the past, I'm discovering, was that I was so ignorant about calories in things. I'd get in from work and have a snack of bread sticks and hummus...and not count it. But I look at the amount of calories in each of those now and it's nearly a full meal! Those m&s black olive bread sticks have 40 cals per stick. How did I not know that lol it was written on the pack! :)

Back on track today :) loads water and 3 packs. Almost getting excited for Wednesdays WI, gotta make the next 2 days count and get one step closer to my goal.

I love bananas. Full of potassium but alas also full of sugar.

I also love cooking, particularly for others. As they tuck-in and make appreciative noises I feel good. Mums just love to nurture (and not only Mums). I love everything about food, from the shops to the table. Food is not the guilty party - it is helpless and inert, after all! - but in the past we've is-used it, over-used it and even come to rely upon it to soothe our woes. And it does, until we face the reckoning of the added weight.

I really look forward to your WIs, Green, because you get so excited LOL x

Arghhhhhhh I caved today and had 2 packs plus dinner... Think I had my first and second packs too early and I was too hungry this evening :(
It wasn't too bad, grilled chicken breast with celery sticks and low fat cream cheese. I reckon still under 400 cals... damn it !! So about 800 for the day. I find Mondays and Tuesdays a killer!!
No regrets and no guilt.... it's not like I had a McDonalds lol

Putting it into perspective...
I'm just over half way to my holiday goal...
I've a stone and a bit more to get my BMI to 30 & overweight, no more obese :eek:
The suits I took down from the loft are getting too baggy already... all in all I'm delighted with progress..

I may be delusional, but I'm still excited to see the 14's on the scales this week lol

Serial I'm a banana a day kinda gal :) it would be my elevenses snack on a work day. Never get sick of them, My daughter frequently tries to fool me that she didn't have a banana in school so I'll give her another lol (Not sure about the UK but in Ireland we send them off with a packed lunch every day).

I think you're still well on track for the 14's GEG. Well done for making such great choices when it's a tough day. You've averaged 4lbs a week which is amazing, you go girl!

Ah, I think you'll be okay with that little blip GEG :) It's most likely similar to what you'd be allowed if you were doing the WS plan. You're doing fab. I can't wait to just be overweight :D Onwards and downwards ;)

Green, you're not the only 'slipper'. I had four packs yesterday. Two of them, bars. But come 8pm I was restless, depressed and craving. So I had two slices of toast. Eek! I was really hungry and nothing else would do. Ah, well. Reality bites!

Will try to get back on plan today. I can't stick to three Exante a day right now. Got too used to having extra food.

You're dong brilliantly G. That slip isn't a proper slip cos you still made healthy choices.

Roll on the 14s :) x

Serial your slip wasn't too bad either. We could be so much worse... I'm 8 weeks in and you 9 weeks in and this is probably a tough time, being away from food for so long but it being all around as well. A real test of how badly we really want this.

I'm proper starving today !! I'm trying not to eat my second pack yet ! Trying very hard to just get the water into me and save my packs for later on as a result I'm in and out to the toilet every 10 mins. Going to leave my next pack until at least 5pm, I just have to, otherwise I'll be in the kitchen tonight with my head in the cupboards and fridge seeing what I could have... disaster.

I'm feeling good, TMI; I upped my dose of psyllium husks the last two days and it's done the trick. No way could I do this diet without them.

Roll on tomorrows WI. Susie I'll be definitely joining you in the 14s woohoo.

Green, you're not the only 'slipper'. I had four packs yesterday. Two of them, bars. But come 8pm I was restless, depressed and craving. So I had two slices of toast. Eek! I was really hungry and nothing else would do. Ah, well. Reality bites!

Will try to get back on plan today. I can't stick to three Exante a day right now. Got too used to having extra food.

All about the choices Serial. You can do it x

I use psyllium husk, too. And ground linseed (for the vegetarian Omega-3s). I couldn't do without added fibre - I'd be 'going' once a week, at best! TMI perhaps but vital information LOL x

Extra fibre needed here too! lol

GEG, sometimes when I'm really struggling, having a hot drink helps - green tea usually. I had my first black coffee (since starting the diet) yesterday and it was really nice. I have had coffee, but usually add a spoonful to the banana shake. You're doing really well. It's so hard when you feel so hungry. Keep going :)

Good luck for weigh in!

Back