Green Eyed Girl's Diary.. here goes nothing! and everything.

Day 28

Is it really day 28!?
Just discovered my fitness pal and I'm delighted!! Especially helpful for my food week. And going forward learning about nutrition content in foods. Ecstatic :)

A&C porridge for brekkie
Toffee nut and raisin bar for lunch
Carbonara with added chicken and cheese for dinner and that's the end of food week... very much enjoyed my week of grilled chicken :) not too hopeful for WI tomorrow :(

Serial! Thrilled you're on the mend xxx They've closed one of the major hospitals in Dublin to visitors to avoid the spread of the flu. It's terrible, there must be so many people sick with it.
I'll try not to be too disappointed tomorrow at WI and look forward to next weeks. You keep getting well x

As always; thanks for the support girls.

I think you're going to get a very nice result tomorrow. I will weigh next week as I'm sure to have gained water weight. Thank you for the lovely sentiments! It's weird but I almost feel that I 'know' you LOL. The excitement we share - and our Exante buddy bond - makes this whole effort easier and great fun. Everyone here benefits from companionship and encouragement.

I enjoyed food week and enjoyed even more the fact that I didn't suddenly develop cravings, nor did I even think of having a binge. I didn't need to - and you've been the same. My real food was yummy and low carb, like yours.

I'm hoping to be better or mostly better by next week. Then it will be TS again! xx

Good luck for weigh in :)

Day 29 WI !!

Down 2lbs, delighted with that considering it was food week.
So I started this journey at 17st and 4 weeks later I'm 15st 9lbs. Not a bad effort. I am looking forward to next weeks WI :) bring it on!

Usual for brekkie, still love that porridge!
Thai Chicken flavour Soup for lunch
and I think it'll be red bean chili for dinner... goodbye real food :wave_cry:I'll miss you! but I really want to do well this week.

I feel like I'm in hibernation at the moment. Secretly trying to lose the weight and then reveal myself for the summer (or something like that!). Luckily enough for me it's a quiet time of the year for meet ups and get togethers, not too many birthdays etc. One of my sisters is in on the secret and egging me on. My parents are away for 5 weeks (lucky them) They went a few days after I started this and are back on Sunday. So my sister has been saying to them Nicola is looking great I think she and hubby are losing a bit of weight... just so it's not a shock when they see me lol, not like it will be that obvious at all, but you know what I mean :) My mother will be deleriously happy. I am the only overweight one in the family and she has told me in the past that there is no way I could ever be happy being fat (yes, she is mad!) so she will now believe that I am a much happier person (in her own mind) and start to drive me nuts 'supporting' me. But it's ok they're only home for 4 weeks and off again for a month :)

I am absolutely DYING for my holiday in June and being able to run around with the kids. I can absolutely visualise myself being much healthier and full of energy, instead of last year feeling slow, boiling and no energy! Just over 19 weeks to my hols. I don't mean to be counting my chickens but even 2lb a week would get me own to 12st 12lb and right on target. Here's to the next 19 weeks !

Last edited:
2lb is a great result after food week. Lots of people get an understandable STS. Next week you'll be back to your usual 4lb, I bet! Well done on another welcome loss. Families can be weird when we diet even though they often hint that we should. Watch out for chips, sandwiches, pizza and cake being 'innocently' placed in front of you - 'a wee bit won't do you any harm' 'oh, go on. You're on holidays' etc! And be on your guard against hints (when you still have a few stones to shift) that your cheeks are sunken and your face is white, and you look ill, don't lose another ounce, you're going too far, blah blah. Your family sounds very supportive so far, if covertly! That's great. It's 'friends' that often tell us we look awful-and, as you've already experienced, workmates.

I started on antibiotics on Monday and they seem to be helping my cough. My Doc was right about the bacterial infection, it seems LOL. I got fed-up with soup after three days so I've been on three Exante a day with 200 calories milk in tea and coffee and 400 calories low carb food. I need the food whilst I'm taking meds. When the course of antibiotics is finished I'll review the situation - perhaps drop to 1000 for a few days. I plan to start TS again next Wednesday. 'Flu lingers mind you and takes its own sweet time to go away but I am hopeful x

Last edited:
Serial, you're doing great considering you've been so sick, especially upping the calories and sticking to that. Looking forward to us getting back on track together. It won't be long now, and I'd say you've not put on as much as you expect. You're still not taking in your full 'normal food' daily allowance, which must be more like 1600-1800.

Serial you're dead right about peoples reactions to the diet. My friend in work, yesterday, asked me did I want a chocolate, from a large box, was I sure? and a few minutes later; really sure? And then scones later on?! they're going to go to waste, are you sure you don't have one? and again 20 minutes later..... she waved and pointed half a scone in my direction. She's the one that will be telling me she thinks I've lost to much... but I'll smile and nod :) Finding her whole behaviour baffling, I probably had a baffled look when she asked me lol. Anyway the only one who is going to sabotage this diet is me all on my own, and I am going to try with all my strength not to let that happen.

Hiya Hun popping by to subscribe and support your doing so well keep up the hard work I'm quite lucky everyone in work knows what I'm doing and as I work in an operating theatre with a few Drs asking me should I really be only having 600 cals a day I show them my packs and they pipe down xx

I'm still amazed at how much more I'm enjoying Exante than I did, Cambridge. I've always considered Cambridge the very best VLCD. LL is (IMHO) scandalously expensive - I could never afford that much. When you add transport costs to the mandatory group therapy every week the total is scary. Lipotrim I've read is very limited in variety and someone once said that the lemon bar (a few years back) tasted like 'window putty' whilst another bar tasted like 'cardboard' LOL. Exante mostly tastes good and the bargain offers are fantastic. Better still it is easier to stick to - why, I'm not sure, but it is!

I'm looking forward to joining you again on TS! x

Thanks Jelly-Kono. Great that when the doctors see the packs they realise its not as bad as it sounds! Reassuring for me, who is less qualified to comment.

Serial I did lipotrim 8 years ago (it's the last diet I did) and I can't drink shakes since. There were 3 flavours of shake, 2 soups and 2 bars... that definitely did taste like cardboard. From what I've read it hasn't changed at all. Exante on the other hand; I was going to have the red bean chilli for dinner, but instead I fancied the maple syrup pancakes as a 'treat'. To have all those options is, for me, making it not so hard to stick to. I've gooey chocolate pudding on standby as well. The bars! Toffee nut and raisin, I could eat that one every day. The cost has a lot to do with it as well, I only buy on offer, otherwise it's not cost effective for me and it has to be or I can't do it.
I've another 19 weeks at least of TS lol!

Green you will be four stones or so lighter, God willing, by June. No wonder you're so excited! Hurdle #1 for me was cost. I have very little cash so the regular-priced VLCDs were beyond my means. Hurdle #2 was, would Exante taste good and have plenty of variety? Hurdle #3 was, would I honestly be able to stick to it long enough to lose weight? Having tried and failed to lose my regain many times in the past couple of years, I was doubtful. But the Exante site featured tasty-looking packs and bars, and 'something' (intuition!) told me that I really should give it a go. So I bought 100 products for £85 and made a start.

And here we are, minimins ExanteFans, losing weight and feeling confident about summer clothes and June holidays! LOL. Exante is delivering on every promise. The toffee and raisin bar is absolutely yum - the orange bar's yum, too. So are the porridge and the chocolate pudding. And the pancakes. I mix the egg and sausage packs with a wee bit of chopped onion and garlic and the result, lightly fried into omelette patties, tastes fantastic. The soups taste good with a half or whole Oxo cube crumbled-in. Same goes for the savoury packs. I'm still trying to think of ways to improve the unpleasant curry. Maybe an Oxo cube and some tomato puree?

Have a good day, and keep thinking of that holiday - a slim you (and slim hubby) and squee-ing, happy kids running around on a gorgeous beach x

Last edited:
Day 30

A&C porridge for brekkie
Chocolate orange bar for lunch
Gooey chocolate pudding for dinner.

Good day no drama, no issues, no temptation. Dying for next week's WI :)

Love reading the posts and diaries but I haven't had time to browse today. Hope everyone is doing well.

Serial when are you going to start TSing again? You sound upbeat and like you're on the mend x

I feel a lot better, thank you - properly on the mend I hope. Still dealing with the residual cough and catarrh (lots of it LOL) as my chest begins to clear. I dropped the daily calories to 1000 yesterday. Will do the same today and tomorrow then TA-RA! from Sunday go back to TS plus a bit of milk in my tea and coffee. I hate both without milk. I am so tempted to weigh yet, at the same time, reluctant. I'll wait until Wednesday. If I end up a couple of pounds heavier it will be water and therefore gone by the week after. If I've STS I'll be relieved. If I've lost even one more pound I'll be chuffed!

I had a cinnamon and apple porridge this morning x

Serial I am the exact same, LOVE milky coffee, I just can't do black, it's one sacrifice too far for me, so I'm just having one a day with minimal coffee, not exactly how I like it but better then black.

Day 31

Usual predictable brekkie
Veggie soup for lunch
Toffee nut and raisin bar for dinner. I have spaghetti bolognaise, red bean chilli and pasta carbonara and quite a few of each but at the moment I've no interest in them. They won't go to waste so I'll have to start forcing myself to have a couple.

Must get a bit more water into me now before bed. Already setting my sights on getting into the 14s, the prospect is exciting. It'll be 7 or 8 years since I've been that low! Wonder will I see much difference in the photo I'll take when I'm down another stone....well it can't be any worse.

I managed to eat a mushroom risotto pack and find it not too bad. I added a veggie Oxo cube and one whole egg. The egg trick seems to work for me LOL. It improves the mushy texture to the point where you can fry the resulting batter like an omelette. I have tons of curry and risotto packs to use up so I had to do something positive or face chucking them out.

Tonight I'll try a curry pack with tomato puree and veggie oxo. If it's still horrid I'll add an egg and fry it into patties. The egg adds a mere 75 - 90 calories depending on size and is pretty much carb-free. It's either that, or waste the packs, which I am reluctant to do!

I could live on bars especially toffee and raisin and orange/chocolate but in time we'd get sick of them. As VLCD meal bars they are ace. I love the porridges (except raspberry but I only have four left to use up).

You'll be in the 14s in two-three weeks' time. How exciting is that? At that point the losses will really start to show x

Day 32

orange chocolate bar for brekkie
pancakes for dinner, quite the romantic meal, hubby had red bean chili.
Gooey chocolate pudding for afters.

Good day today, I wan't hungry at all. Was out and about all day so now I'm trying to catch up on my water intake now. Not sure if I mentioned before in my diary, but I have some 'issues' since carrying the twins that I've been told need to be operated on to fix, so I won't be lowering back the water when I'm out.

Feel like I'm over the 'hump' of the week and it's plain sailing now to Wednesday..

Serial I could live on the bars too!
The tomato puree and oxo sounds like a great idea! I might try that for the spag bol pack.

I'm not feeling so good today. Think I've been doing too much, too soon. I'm weak and foggy-headed. So I went back to bed and slept for most of the day. Decided to go back to 1200 nourishing calories per day for the time being.

Green, it's amazing what a wee tinker with added flavourings and spices can achieve with packs you'd otherwise be forced to ditch LOLx

Serial sorry to hear your not quick back to.yourself yet. That was a bad dose you had. You're doing right to listen to your body. And fantastic maintaining the calories and not going craving/binging crazy! Get well soon x

Day 33

Porridge for brekkie
Carbonara for dinner

Good today again. Having a very good week. Can feel all my clothes getting even looser, it feels good.
Made the kids pancakes for brekkie and lasagne for dinner, it looked divine, but I wasn't even tempted. Is it mad that I still love cooking even though I can't eat it :)

I'm gonna have to WI a day late because I'm away with work Tues and Wed.. ah well. I can feel it will all be in the right direction so no harm.

Hope everyone else is doing well x

Last edited:
Day 34

Porridge for brekkie
Decided to have chicken, carrots and celery and some Tesco healthy living cream cheese for dinner :) because it's my diet and I can do what I want :)

Seriously though I'm having a mad busy time in work, changing who I report to and other managers wanting reports from me and mad at home with the kids, travelling from Dublin to London for work tomorrow, for two days, so just not getting the chance to post or read. I feel like my brain is going to burst keeping all the balls in the air. Doesn't help that it's my TOTM, it really affects my tolerance levels.. and I'm just general not-in-the-mood lol. Times like this chocolate would fix everything... and add another 3lbs to my waistline! So that bit of dinner was probably a by-product of all that... I hope it's out of my system now and I get my tolerance levels back soon.

It's gone kinda on the forum hasn't it?

Last edited:
You're spot on GEG, it's your diet and whatever keeps you going is worth it. I hope your trip goes smoothly. Keep juggling those balls, you're doing great!

Back