Green Eyed Girl's Diary.. here goes nothing! and everything.

Well done on your loss GEG!
And for choosing the salad! It's a shame they can't make them more appealing without piling tons of calories into them, but alas better than choosing something you shouldn't!

I'm sure it'll be nice for you to be home and back into routine.
That photo may be a sight to behold but think how amazing it'll be to see your before and after, bet you'll be chuffed then to see the difference.

Have a wonderful evening!

Very well done on the lunch choice. It's good for us to add a modest meal to our 'three exante per day' because we don't want to develop a fear of 'regular' food. It all helps eventual maintenance. Another 3lb gone, Girl. Didn't I say you'd be slim before me? Ha Ha.

I didn't weigh after all. I feel very tired these days, probably the bad cold and cough. No energy. I got like this on Cambridge, too, mind you. Like the stuffing had been knocked out of me. I hate that weary, drained sensation x

Well done on your 3lb loss and for choosing the salad. It can be so easy to give in and make excuses when given the opportunity and you chose not to - well done x

Would love to hang about Girl but I feel shattered so I'm going for a lie-down. Wish this virus or whatever it is would cave-in and leave me alone! So tired x

Well done on 3lb off :D Sounds like you are doing brilliantly :)

Thanks for all the support girls. I really appreciate it. In my head is the fact I've such a long way to and I don't want to make it any longer than it has to be. So I'm terrified to eat too many calories and sabotage my weight loss. My eyes firmly focused on my holiday in June and I am going to be as thin as possible by that time.

Day 23

orange chocolate bar for elevenses
salad with lots of leaves, some sweet potato and feta for lunch
maple syrup pancakes for dinner
still deciding on my last pack :)

very much enjoying food week, it's like a little test of restraint and how things mite be after this diet.

Co'mon girls we can do it !!!!!

The real food is yummy I agree. I wasn't tempted to overdo it, either. I can't wait to get well and also get my buzz back LOL x

Day 24

Can't believe I've done 24 days!

Back home, back into the routine
A&C porridge for brekkie
Toffee nut raisin bar lunch
Gooey chocolate pudding for dinner.
Going to now have a small omelette for real food time. The excitement :)

No cravings or urges to break today. Determined to get more fat off this week.

Those toffee nut and raisin bars are sooo good. I plan having them in my life after exante.

Serial how is your virus? Are you on the mend yet. I really hope you're feeling better. How did you get on today?

Just joined your diary, congrats on how far you've come already, the weights positively dropping away. My husband started too but he's more on and off. We have a one year old son and want to be able to be fit enough to keep up with him! Good luck on your journey.

Hi Girl. The bad news is, I have 'flu. My cough and headaches got so bad that I had to call my GP. By the time he arrived yesterday evening every joint in my body was aching. He confirmed that I do indeed have 'flu and that I am to stay in bed and drink lots of fluid and warm soup. Honesty prompted me to ask if I could have Exante soups. Yes, he said, provided I take-in at least 1200 calories per day. When I was on Cambridge my CDC warned that we needed to go up a few Steps when we were ill. Helps the body fight-off infection, I suppose.

I live alone so he wants me to leave a message at the surgery should I need him to come back for any reason, or should my symptoms fail to improve soon. He's a great GP, I've been his patient for more than 26 years now. In any case he's going to ring me on Monday to see how I am. If my cough hasn't started to ease he'll prescribe antibiotics as a bacterial infection may have sneaked into my chest. He goes to the chemist, himself, if he needs to bring medication to my house. Once upon a time that kind of consideration was to be expected but these days it tends to be scarce. The fact that he, too, is Scottish makes me like him even more Ha Ha.

So, Exante soups (not got very many, must order more) and regular soup for me. Warm soup does soothe my throat.

GEG you're speeding away, and I am delighted. VLCDs are unbeatable when it comes to weight loss. I don't expect to see any loss on Wednesday as I am sure to gain water weight but I'm not worried. Once I am well again I'll get back into the familiar routine. You'll be shopping for a new wardrobe soon, hun! x

Wow Serial!! What a week you've had. You are so lucky to have a GP that genuinely cares for you. That's exactly what you need especially living on your own. I really hope you start to feel better soon. I have the proper flu once and it is about as sick as I've ever been. Take care and eat if you feel like it, this diet is not worth your wellbeing. Give yourself a break and recover so you can get back at it 100% when you're 100%.

Angel thanks for the follow. Hope you're feeling better too x My hubby has lost 2st 4lbs in 3 weeks, he's doing 2 shakes a day and low carb dinner. He's doing great, people are really starting to see the difference (not on me yet :) )!

Day 25

Orange choc bar for elevenses
Veggie soup for lunch
a small grilled chicken breast & broccoli for dinner (that chicken breast tasted DIVINE)
Gooey chocolate pudding for my last pack.

LOVING this :), dreading week 4 weigh-in though! No sneaky WI this weekend, afraid it will throw me off mentally, especially because of the real food I'm having.

Weekends are good for me, because of chasing the kids and just not having time to pick and think about food. Some weekends it would be 3pm before I'd realise I hadn't had anything all day. So the convenience of Exante (bars) now make sure I do. It was the weekdays in work and great restaurant we have and the coffee breaks and temptation were the worst for me.

My size when I started on this diet almost 4 weeks ago was and 18/20 on the bottom and 20/22 on top. I can safely say I'm definitely down a size on top, my tops are starting to look waaay to baggy to be worn anymore, and I got into some old size 16 skinny jeans I 'grew out of'. All good !!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend x

Major shrinkage going on, well done you! I look forward to being where you are now and being here when you get to goal. X

Well done! You are doing so well; it is always a pleasant surprise when we can fit into items we never expected to be able to! x

Hi darlin'. Here I am, reporting from the Sick Bed. I managed to get some sleep last night, propped-up on extra pillows which is precarious because sure enough I slip to one side and I end up with a crick in my neck and my head on the mattress. I awoke just after 7am and made a coffee. Still a bit dizzy but not as much as before. Even so I have to watch out on the stairs in case I lose my balance. I ache everywhere from coughing LOL.

Not so long ago I'd have been kicking myself about this (yes - for getting ill and 'ruining' my diet!). Now I take the view that this is a long-term issue - lifelong, in fact - and these things happen. I'm not going to go off the rails nor punish myself for having to take a controlled break from Exante. That kind of thinking makes you fat and keeps you fat. I'll eat for health and strength and hopefully by next week I'll feel a lot better.

GEG you're an inspiration to us all and so is your hubby. The men always lose super-fast x

Exactly serial we're here to get the weight off once and for all and long term. It is already a life changing journey for me, figuring out 'normal food' and how to measure portions properly. My kids are benefitting already. Had I continued with the portion sizes I was giving them they'd be in trouble in a couple of years with their weight.

Life happens, it doesn't care about this diet lol I'll still be here when you start TS'ing again xx get well soon.

Angel I'm the same I look at the girls that are down to 11st /10st and really look forward to being there.

Speaking of which; Sleek, I can't wait to be where you are !!!!!!!!! Have you posted any pics of before and where you are now?

Day 26

A&C porridge for brekkie
Toffee nut and raisin bar for lunch
ANOTHER delisioussssssssssss medium chicken breast & sugar snap peas for dinner
gooey chocolate pudding for afters

Crazy day with the kids, at the zoo for most of it. They've gone to bed now and in the olden days I'd be sitting here rewarding myself with either a takeaway or a massive bag of Hunky Dorys Buffalo Flavour crisps (sorry think they're very Irish) and to top it all off a few glasses/bottle of a New Zealand Marlborough :) Instead I'm concentrating on upping my water intake lol

You're so happy, Green (my new name for you - green is my fave colour!). The joy and confidence are just pouring out of you. On TS we get to enjoy healthy meals in small amounts one week out of every four. This teaches us that we don't always have to overdo it; that we can behave 'normally' around regular food. Just think how important that new skill will be during maintenance!

It's wonderful when the overeating stops and the appetite calms down. We lose weight and feel so much better x

You sound so positive and motivated, well done on all your hard work :)

Day 27

A&C porridge for brekkie
Toffee, nut and raisin bar for lunch
Chicken again lol love it. Grill pan, 1 cal frylite spray, celery sticks with v low fat cream cheese. Yummm. Too yum, and I haven't added up my cals yet I'm afraid to :( . I am looking forward to getting back to 3 packs a day. I think I'm enjoying the food too much and afraid of losing sight and focus on the goal. I may just have packs for the next 2 days. We'll see..

More good news, my work trousers today we're at the point where I nearly had to hold them up in case they actually fell down. Woohoo. Wash them and into the charity bag they go. Pulled a bag of work clothes down from the loft from before I had my daughter 5 years ago, when I was about 15st and I'm back in them, but not comfortably... but that won't be long (11lbs). Isn't this diet fab :)

Great news on your trousers being too big, won't be long before the clothes from the loft are off to charity shop too!

The great thing about food week is that, the week after, you get a bigger loss! That used to happen to me on Cambridge back in the day. Protecting our health (and metabolism) is important and I think the modest amount of extra calories helps.

Still in bed but the cough is easing a little. I read the other day that hospitals are currently over-run with 'flu cases. Poor souls must be really ill.

Eating a peanut bar now - my first. Not bad x

Last edited:
Back