Green Eyed Girl's Diary.. here goes nothing! and everything.

The odd day off will keep you going G.
Wearing normal size clothes is such a boost to the self esteem isn't it. Plus all those extra clothes you will be able to choose from :D.

Haven't tried the noodles yet. Might have them tomorrow x

My dear son and his gf have just left. So lovely to see them again. She's a lovely girl with a lovely nature and she adores him. We get on great, thankfully.

I'm doing well diet-wise. Thank heavens LOL. I hope I make the 3lb target this week but will happily settle for 2lb.

Go you, Green, with your 4lb 'whoosh'!

Yes, this is a marathon when you've more than a couple of stones to shift. I can remember feeling very fat indeed when I was only about 20 pounds overweight. Gross! We're so hard on ourselves x

Back on track again today girls. Easy Monday for a change. TOTM again :( . Roll on Wednesday!

I've had a good diet day, too. One scary aspect of weekly WIs is how fast they come! x

Yep, it really is ! Can't believe I'm nearly 9 weeks in ! Glad to hear your tough day turned into a good diet day serial x

Well done G x

Happy Paddy's Day!!!!!

:) bank holiday here in the emerald isle. Kids had a great day all dressed up at the parade and we were in a friends house for dinner, life goes on around this diet... It was roast lamb and veggies for me. Could have taken it or left it to be honest, but didn't want to eat nothing after the effort they went to. But no 'drowning the shamrock' for me this year! No damage done. All counted in mfp and on to WI Wednesday :)

Hope everyone else had a lovely paddy's day, for sure to be sure lol

Happy Paddy's Day to you, too! March 17th is my late Grannie's birthday. I wished her a happy birthday this morning. My other, paternal late auntie was Irish - born in Sligo.

Very good choice for your celebration dinner. Five minutes ago I took a notion for a boiled potato with butter and salt. Won't be having one but I suddenly fancied the taste and texture of that simple food item. Funny the things you crave now and then! x

Wednesday WI again ! Week 9 ! 3.5lbs off :) delighted, and can't believe I've lost 7.5lbs in the last 2 weeks WOW !
Can't wait to change my profile and my signature asap and see those numbers change for the better. I'm off to do that now lol

Fantastic Hun. What a lucky day it was when we decided to try Exante. You're melting away! You'll look and feel gorgeous on your holiday. Well done xx

Awh thanks for all the support serial xxx
I'm currently surfing the web and drinking water to avoid having my last pack yet! I may give in shortly and have it before I'm tempted by something else! My last 2 days have been good spurred on my my 3.5lbs loss yesterday. Just gotta keep up the momentum now!
How was your day today? Good I hope?

I waited too - just savouring my apple crumble and custard pack. Yummy. I added a wee bit of single cream - what luxury. I'll be ordering more of these as soon as funds will permit x

Fantastic loss GEG :D Massive well done! Have a great week :)

Not a good day today :-(
Worked from home in the afternoon because my daughter was sick and ate loads. Bad morning in work, just quite stressful. Probably my trigger. I've had about 1000 calories including my 3 packs. Just snacking. Nothing too bad but it all adds up unfortunately. Gotta stay on the water for the rest of the evening or I'll be really annoyed with myself. One of those days. Can't wait for it to be over.

On the plus side Green this may help to boost your metabolism! I think food week or one day's regular food per week - not limited to 600 calories - has the same effect. It helps to keep the body 'guessing' and gives it a break from struggling on with so little food and calories coming in. Try having 800 tomorrow, then go back to TS. You may find that your weight loss will be the same or better next Wednesday. I do this from time to time as I find it very helpful. It's fatal for the metabolism to get used to very few calories as, I personally believe, it eventually becomes accustomed to the reduction and turns our metabolic 'thermostat' down to compensate. Like a wee pilot light! So we lose more slowly and often feel hungrier. We have created a longterm 'famine' and the body is merely trying to prolong our survival! xx

Last edited:
ps 1000 calories is a great diet day for the majority of dieters! Myself included LOL x

You're right serial. Looking at the bigger picture its not that bad.
I suppose I'm just putting pressure on myself to get as much off for my holidays as possible. After a 4 and a 3.5 week reality is I'm over due a week where I have a 2lbs loss or less..
Nothing else has passed my lips this evening. It helps that there is only healthy food in the house, so no real temptation.

Wish I was one of those people who lost their hunger with stress I'm the opposite and the reality is that is never going to change. God I'd love a glass of wine lol

I think the vast majority of minimins members eat when stressed. Or unhappy. Or lonely. Or happy, come to that! Every extreme emotion can trigger hunger and cravings in me and in others, too. We've used food as comfort and to celebrate all our lives so far, and old habits die hard. Normal weight people do the same - but they don't gain weight. We do which creates the problem we struggle with day-to-day and year-to-year.

It's called being human! LOL xx

It really probably won't make any difference, so please don't beat yourself up. Sorry you had such a rotten day though, and hope your daughter feels better soon. Onwards you go ;)

Just read through your diary, what an inspiration! Well done on your losses so far.

Don't worry about the 1000 calories. Like the other ladies said, that's a good day on other diets. And it's only an extra 400 calories...you need 3000 calories to gain 1lb of fat. So it's literally nothing!!

Back