Green Eyed Girl's Diary.. here goes nothing! and everything.

Week 15 WI - down 4lbs wooooooohooooooo inching closer to the 12s !!!! So I'm 13 st 4.5 with 3 st 4.5 to lose :) delighted I persevered even when, last week, the scales was not playing along, I've been rewarded this week :)
Off I pop to change my signature and profile like an excited child :)

Wow Green, your losses are so good & consistent. You should be well & truly proud of yourself.

Bet you feel over the moon for getting into the lower 13s, well done x

And you too Susie, you're doing great :)

Yeay :party0011: I knew you would do it, you're so amazing at this. It won't be long before you're at goal, you go girl! :clap:

Fabulous! Green you're going like a bullet train LOL. It really is worth the discipline and effort. This diet suits you to a T(S)! I'm thinking I might, just might try to get through this week TS. Will be interesting to find out whether or not I can squeeze another 3lb loss. You're such an inspiration, no kidding xx

Your continued losses are so inspirational!!! I bet you're so happy! 12s are so close!!! :)) xx

I've had about 1000 cals yesterday and Wednesday. Not off the rails, reckon I'm still in ketosis and trying to reign it back in today (2 packs and some almonds so far).
It was a cross between treating myself after the hard work on the diet over the last few weeks and a release after 15 weeks on the diet plus frustration at failing my exam :(

I think it's out of my system now. Concentrating on gallons of water and my new size 14 red skinnies I treated myself to today. LOVE them :) love a bit of colour in my life :)

Red skinnies! Wow. Go you! Sexy Mama LOL.

Honestly so long as we keep any extras low-carb we can't do much damage. And it's great practice for maintenance. Where I used to come unstuck was by being rigidly strict. If I strayed from the diet in any way at all I'd become consumed with guilt and those bad feelings would inevitably make me binge - if not that same day then the next.

Rigidity gives the illusion of 'control' but it is WE who are being controlled by negative pressure and unrealistic aims. Far better to gradually lose the terror of 'cheating' because that is not the correct term. If we eat off-plan but moderately and better still low-carb we are improving; making progress of the kind that will help us to maintain. It's the crazy over-the-top-guilt we need to leave behind.

Sorry to hear you failed that exam Green. Best of luck for your resit! It's just life 'happening' again - you've got a lot more than Exante on your plate xx

Sorry to hear about your exam Green. Can you retake it?

You must feel amazing in your Red skinnies! I'm so pleased for you, I love red.

It's so frustrating failing, especially when you can't pig out to make it right ;) hope you're able to retake. Just spend today looking fabulous in your new leg buddies :D x

Hi GEG :) Just caught up with all your news. Am sorry to hear about your exam, but you did your best and worked hard for it, so please don't be too hard on yourself. Weight loss wise you are doing amazingly well. Am so inspired by you. Meh to a few picks of protein here and there, they keep you on track. They have definitely helped me get into the swing of it the past few days and my 3lb gain from Fri is gone! Continue on up that mountain, and the view from the top will be stunning :)

Well done on your fantastic losses GEG, it must feel great to get into those 13s. Keep up the good work!

How you getting on today Green.

So disappointing when we fail an exam especially when you have worked hard towards it.

Will you be resitting it at some point?

Love the sound of those red skinnies, anything red is a winner in my book. x

How's today going Green?

Hi girls,

Struggling this week, mentally a hard week for me. With still coming to terms with failing the exam and everything. It's definitely the most challenging time for me. I'd to face the music in work today, tell my boss, watch all the surprised looks when I told colleagues I'd failed. KILLER. The question from my boss about how soon am I going to repeat. Ugh, gimme time to get over it lol.

I'm going to skip WI tomorrow again and give myself a break from the pressure I'm putting myself under. I've logged everything in MFP, so all is not lost but I've been picking all week, healthy, but picking all the same. Then I was really annoyed with myself yesterday. I'd friends and their kids over for dinner, I hadn't thought it through and made my mango prawn curry with jasmine rice. They know about the diet, but I didn't want the awkwardness of me cooking for everyone and sitting at the table and not eating so I had a small portion, my own decision, but I'm not happy, I should have had it planned to cook meat and veg for us all or make myself a salad or something 'better'. OMG I felt sick and bloated from the rice, it was crazy! And lasted for a few hours while I downed the water in the hopes of feeling better. I'd also I reckon threw me out of ketosis, so by 1pm today I'd already had 2 packs, I managed to get through to this evening for the third, so I am back, but this is the first time I really feel like I should have done better.

I know I just have to get over it, but it's hard. One plus is I'd made a rhubarb and raspberry crumble with custard for dessert and I completely resisted that. (That's the next crumble flavour exante need to come up with !)

We really are our own worst critics aren't we!

Edited to say: AND it's TOTM, I'm never in a good mental place at this time, it's proper nuts!

Its so easy to beat yourself up - we all do it. Huge hugs. You have done and are doing amazing though. keep smiling and keep at it xx

Exante is hard when the pressures of life get in the way, actually, any diet is hard if it's not your primary focus for a day or two. It doesn't sound like you've fallen on the wagon drastically. You've got yourself in to ketosis before and you can be back there again in no time :) your losses are an inspiration to all of us, but you're only human :) don't be hard on yourself :) xx

Sorry to hear about your exam and that your finding this week a struggle. Your doing great, look how far you've come and your fantastic losses as QB says you've got into ketosis before you can do it again, it feels so tough at first but it will get easier. Don't let a bad week turn into bad weeks and months like I did. Hope you feel better soon. X

Hi girls,

Struggling this week, mentally a hard week for me. With still coming to terms with failing the exam and everything. It's definitely the most challenging time for me. I'd to face the music in work today, tell my boss, watch all the surprised looks when I told colleagues I'd failed. KILLER. The question from my boss about how soon am I going to repeat. Ugh, gimme time to get over it lol.

I'm going to skip WI tomorrow again and give myself a break from the pressure I'm putting myself under. I've logged everything in MFP, so all is not lost but I've been picking all week, healthy, but picking all the same. Then I was really annoyed with myself yesterday. I'd friends and their kids over for dinner, I hadn't thought it through and made my mango prawn curry with jasmine rice. They know about the diet, but I didn't want the awkwardness of me cooking for everyone and sitting at the table and not eating so I had a small portion, my own decision, but I'm not happy, I should have had it planned to cook meat and veg for us all or make myself a salad or something 'better'. OMG I felt sick and bloated from the rice, it was crazy! And lasted for a few hours while I downed the water in the hopes of feeling better. I'd also I reckon threw me out of ketosis, so by 1pm today I'd already had 2 packs, I managed to get through to this evening for the third, so I am back, but this is the first time I really feel like I should have done better.

I know I just have to get over it, but it's hard. One plus is I'd made a rhubarb and raspberry crumble with custard for dessert and I completely resisted that. (That's the next crumble flavour exante need to come up with !)

We really are our own worst critics aren't we!

Edited to say: AND it's TOTM, I'm never in a good mental place at this time, it's proper nuts!

Yes, we are. And also human. We're high performance but we're not cars that you fill with petrol then operate as usual until the next fill-up. Food is so much more to a human being than mere fuel. I know some dieters are taught to consider food as a source of energy only, and not as any kind of pleasure - but that's self-defeating because we're designed to enjoy the appearance, aroma, taste and texture of a bewildering variety of foodstuffs. Why? To remind and prompt us to EAT. We need to eat to survive, and to enjoy optimum health. In nature the animals who eat the least whether deliberately or because there's no food available are the ones that struggle to survive. So it is with humans in regions where food is scarce.

Green, you've done fabulously well on Exante so far. You've taken charge of your diet and your weight loss and the pounds have been fairly falling off you. But you're NOT a machine and you can't be the same, every day, indefinitely. When you're maintaining you'll have hungry and less hungry days. You'll also crave some days and sail through others. You've had fewer ups and downs than anyone else in this section. We're dazzled by your determination and willpower. So please dust yourself off and go on as normal. The curry you had sounds gorgeous. Don't you think you're entitled to a bit of real food, now and again? I certainly do. You've been 'sensible' and careful for months on end. Let yourself have a bit of leeway occasionally.

There will always be days where we are hungrier than others. Naturally slim people have hungry days. But because they're not extra hungry every day, nor at every meal, they don't gain weight and they don't even think about gaining/losing. They simply... eat, or don't eat!

Very wise not to weigh today. By next week you'll be whizzing along in your own personal Fast Lane LOL xx

PS

I LOVE rhubarb crumble!

Oh Green what an awful position they put you in at work, not very supportive of them. Give yourself time and be gentle with yourself. You had a nice Evening with friends who really appreciated your efforts and that makes you a lovely person. As you say Next time you might cook meat and veg to stop feeling carb bloat but that's all part of the learning process. Kudos for not saying to hell with it and tucking into pud.

Id say you've been very controlled and remember a pound is 3500 calories eaten over and above what's burnt and I'm pretty sure you didn't polish off over 5000 in a day (approx 2000 burnt just existing remember).

You're human as the others have all said and are carrying on your amazingly inspirational journey. Well done you!

Back