Green Peppers.. what to do with them?

spudnik

Hi, I have my shopping delivered to me so cant pick my fruit n veg however the last few bags of peppers i have had have all been red, so i was continuing to get them, but this time i have 1 red pepper and 5 or 6 green ones :( i usually give my green ones to my guinea pigs as i find them too bitter in most things but now ive got quite a few of them is there anything i can do with them? any recipes that contain a lot of green pepper but dont taste bitter? lol if not i will save them for the guinea pigs to have lol

I only ever use green peppers (they are cheaper where I usually live because they grow nearby) and never found them bitter - usually make ratatouille or add them to chicken dishes or any mince meals (real mince or tvp) anything that needs a bit of "filling" in it as I hate carrots.
Don't eat them raw - they will repeat on you like mad :cry:

Yummy in a stir fry or used in fajitas - mmmm

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Anything that's spicy or quite sweet to balance out the bitterness should be fine. Curry? Stir fry? Roast them in honey & garlic, with a bit of chilli maybe? Stuffed with a couscous or rice mix or whatever? You can do anything with them, its just a case of 1) cooking them long enough to get rid of the bitterness and/or 2) balancing out the bitterness with sweetness/spices/whatever.

I generally just google for recipes containing whatever I want to use then adapt them to be SW-friendly, most savoury things can be adapted :)

I make a nice EE pasta sauce which only tastes nice with green pepper. But that's the only way I eat them!

Fry some onion, little bit garlic and bacon together. Add sliced green peppers. Fry for 5 mins. Add couple tins of chopped toms and some mix herbs. Cook for 10 mins then add a couple of grated carrots. Cook for 20 mins or thereabouts.

Cook pasta - its especially nice with tagliatelle. Serve ;) it's very quick and easy. A family recipe that's been handed down!

I hate them too but they work great in a chilli I use 2 nd I sometimes use half or 1 small in a spag bol

Leave them on the window sill until they turn red!

Back