Green tea question

Have you had a WI since you've started drinking it??

xxx

I haven't yet (WI Tuesday). I am pulling out all the stops this week though as I need a boost. I am going to make the SS soup tomorrow on my day off.... Although as it contains lentils (puke-inducing) I may have to adapt it a little. I'll let you know!!

haha i would never completely trust wikipedia for 'facts' as any one writes them and they are not from the orginal source!

There do seem to be some health benefits from drinking green tea, but the results are not conclusive.

Wikipedia has an informative page about green tea. It would seem that it can have a beneficial effect on cholesterol levels and there have been some studies that link it to weight loss. Like any tea, it does contain some caffeine.

The term "green tea" doesn't refer to a particular type of tea, but to the length of time that the tea leaves are oxidized before processing. White tea is oxidized for the least time, then green tea, then oolong, then black tea.

So if you like it, then drink it. It contributes towards your overall liquid intake, it has no calories, helps to fill you up, and while you are drinking it you can't be eating or drinking anything else!!

I recently discovered Tick Tock rooibos green tea. This is the "red bush" tea which you will know if you have read the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency books. It is really delicious. You can get it in Waitrose - possibly other supermarkets too.

I like drinking tea, particullary green :) its lovely and I am not sure if it helps me loose or not but it has other benefits too for my digestion x

haha i would never completely trust wikipedia for 'facts' as any one writes them and they are not from the orginal source!

But the links to the original sources are at the bottom of the page.

I know that Wikipedia can be unreliable, but it can also be a useful source for basic facts, with links to authoritative sources if you need them.

I am one of the people who write for Wikipedia - not on scientific subjects, but in my own area of expertise.

how many cups(made with a bag) do you recommend a day.
research suggests from 2 to 10?!
it contains caffeine so i cant drink too many after 2-3ish.

how many cups(made with a bag) do you recommend a day.
research suggests from 2 to 10?!
it contains caffeine so i cant drink too many after 2-3ish.

The twinnings ones that i have say naturally caffeine free on them, but they do give ma a bit of a boost. I've been having between 2-5 a day depending on if i fancy it or not :)

I have also been putting the bag in the mug and adding a 1/4 cold water before adding the boiling, this way it doesnt taste so sharp :)

xx

As I've said on the other green tea thread, I'm not a big fan of ordinary green tea, but I absolutely love the green tea with mint - it is delicious and very refreshing!

My weight loss has picked up again since I started drinking it, but I also rather bizarrely started eating more syns and making sure I always had my HexB which I had in the past sometimes been a bit lax about. Because I made a couple of changes, I'm not sure what to attribute the kick start to my losses but whatever it is, it's working and the tea is yummy! :rotflmao:

Back