Green Tea

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by letsgetlosing, 15 June 2011 Social URL.

1. letsgetlosing

letsgetlosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Willing to give anything a go so have bought some green tea. How many cups a day would you say could help weight loss.:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. judywoody

judywoody Full Member

To be honest - it's not really the green tea that helps you with weight loss (I drink tons of it for the sheer pleasure and am not looking that slim:) ) ..I think it's just one of those tales.. It's just that it keeps you hydrated. I am sure it has got health benefits but I don't think it's a miracle cure for weight loss..

Edit: But I do think that it curbs your appetite..but hot water would do the same trick to be honest..

4. shenzi

shenzi Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red/EE/Green
    It is a meant to help if you have 6-8 cups a day ive done this previously and for me it hasnt made any difference what so ever. Ive started having lemon tea as lemon is meant to help lose weight but more than anything im trying to cut milk of my diet as would rather have cheese as a hexa.

5. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    3 cups are supposed to use 80 cals.

6. rattymum

rattymum Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.4lb(1.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've recently tried drinking green tea instead of my usual coffee. I don't like the plain green tea, so I have the flavoured ones. Drank 6 cups yesterday. Have also read it's meant to help weightloss? I still have a cup of coffee a day, but i started the green tea as i think i was drinking too much coffee and i've grown to like the different flavours now. x

7. letsgetlosing

letsgetlosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Thanks all.
    Yes I think it may be one of those slimming myths that we all really want to beleive! But I have been using the loo alot so maybe it acts like a water pill and could shift water retention?
    Oh well will try this week as an experiemnet and see how WI goes next Tuesday :)

8. ~*~Louisa~*~

~*~Louisa~*~ bye bye baby tummy

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    green tea actually burns fat, it also kicks your metabolism and reduces water

I drank 4 cups yesterday and i couldn't stop peeing (the water coming out)

There are 5 foods (I think its 5) which burn fat

Grapefruit
    Cinnomen
    Chilli
    Green tea
    and coconut oil

These are all proven to burn fat due to things in them

heres the why

Green tea Green tea speeds up the rate your body burns cellular energy by up to 40 per cent, according to research reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
    The plant also increases the rate of fat burning. Researchers have found this effect is caused by the combination of caffeine and flavonoids found in the tea, whether it is drunk hot or cold.
    TIP: Drink two to three cups a day to keep your metabolism in top gear.

plus its a diuretic so ideal around monthlys to stop water retention

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.