Green Tea

mrs_strac

I drink a few cups of green tea throughout the day, and was just wondering if there are any varieties that should be avoided??

I have it flavoured with lemon, jasmine, pomegranate and orange with lotus flower.

Up to now I have only drank plain Green Tea as im not sure of the others? if they will affect ketosis?

x

You're not supposed to have tea that comes from, or has any fruit derivatives. It's supposed to be leaf tea, as far as I know. I don't know if it affects ketosis, so you should probably check with your CDC.

Only leaf teas as fruit teas can bring you out ketosis x

I have been told lemon of any kind including citric acid stops far burning by my CDC ! Anyone else heard about this ?

hippyd said:
I have been told lemon of any kind including citric acid stops far burning by my CDC ! Anyone else heard about this ?

yes citrus acid takes you out of ketosis, it won't stop weightloss though.

I am drinking a lot of pepermint tea at the moment as I find it a good way to get water in but as a nice alternative to plain water on a evening.

Im sure there are lots of positives to Green Tea so keep drinking x x x

I have been drinking strawberry and raspberry tea as I can't do without hot drinks and I sickened myself of peppermint, and it has not had any adverse effects on my weight loss - I just lost 5 pounds on week 4 and I only have a stone to lose so I think I'm doing okay on it! Speak to your consultant about it, but I think you have to make it work for you. Good luck!
Wx

Back