Greeneyes will PERSEVERE.........

Have thought about my meals over the last few days and I realise that I am really not eating enough fruit and substituting calories for yummy cakes etc which in the long run isn't really a healthy eating plan. Today I have decided that calorie counting is just too complicated for me and so am going to follow the WeightWatchers points plan for a couple of weeks to get used to the amount of stuff that I can eat in a day if I eat healthily.... does this make sense.
Have loads of old books that I can use to help me along a bit and bought a new book Saturday called Cook Smart - Simply Suppers which has a lot of yummy evening meals in which the whole family can eat. So far today have eaten:-
Breakfast:- Muesli and skimmed milk
Snack:- banana and 3 apricots
Lunch:- Turkey Ham Salad Sandwich and Pack of Mango Chilli Baked Crisps
and for the rest of the day I am going to have:-
Afternoon snack:- Apple and piece of Low fat cheese
Dinner:- Weight Watchers Meal and small banana
and if I have any points left over I will have either a CD shake (2 points) or CD bar (3.5 points)....

Please dont make me move over to the WW forum, I am only following this for a few weeks to get used to what I should be eating and in what quantities....

No, don't go anywhere Greeneyes!

xxx

Hiya and a big thankyou for your posts while I was away.

I'm confused........ I know you do your own version of CD to suit you but it sounds like you could be tumbling into a scary place hun. Why aren't you working up the plans like you really need to? Why start ww plan now when you've come so far on CD? Obviously this is your choice but from personal experience you sound like you're yoyoing between this eating pattern and that. Does that make sense? But i could be very wrong hun and maybe you are in control. The cd plans do give you so much choice, which is why i don't understand why you're changing to WW for a while?

Will support you no matter what you do x

Hi sunshine, I do understand what you are saying about yo yoing from plan to plan, but this wednesday I finish all the plans, have worked my way up doing 2 weeks (at least) of each and finish my second week of 1500 this week, my CDC said it would be better to move to 1500 whilst on holiday (was goign to do an extra week of 1200 but moved up to 1500 on her advice) and so have actually finished cambridge for good this week and have my last WI on Wednesday, then my CDC will come round each month to check I am maintaining. I am not really sure what I want to do weightwise, am just very confused at the moment. I really need to sort my head out.

Same, you are providing me with virtual cakes on a daily basis... lol.

xxx

Okay, I am feeling totally screwed up diet wise. I do not know where I am headin or whether I should be heading anywhere at all. I know my tummy is still big, most of it is lose skin and I know it is because I have had so many children but I keep thinking if I lose more weight more of it will go, but will it, and I dont seem to have the willpower or inclination to move back down the plans to lose the weight. I like eating with my family and eating what they are eating. I decided yesterday to try weightwatchers as I find it easier to count points than calories, so stuck to it all day and even had sorted out a WW meal in my freezer and counted that in with my points, but come dinner time I wanted to eat what the rest of the family ate and didn't have enough points so ate it anyway plus a slice of the carrot cake (well someone has to finish it up as most of the children complained they dont like carrots, they dont like cream cheese)... so just me and hubby then. So totally blew it as had chilli with oven cooked baguettes and I didn't just have one piece of baguette I had two, so the scales have gone up this morning nearly 1.5lb. I know it will go soon enough but there is no way I am going to lose weight trying to eat normally. So here are a few points I need to get clear in my head...

If I lose more weight will I lose more tummy?
I guess it is possible but if the rest of me gets smaller then my stomach will also shrink in proportion and will still look the same size in proportion to me as it does now but may be even more saggy. Solution could be start toning exercises, you have enough exercise machine things to help and get that flippin Slendertone on it wont help sitting in the bag.

If I stop losing weight I no longer have a goal to aim for...
This is true and this is a difficult one, but maybe you can aim to become more fit and more toned instead. Measure yourself and take measurements each week, see if there is an improvement.

If I dont lose the weight I have promised myself then I will feel like I have failed and I dont like to fail.... ever!!!!
Okay, well your original goal was 10 stone, then you changed it to 10 stone 5 which you achieved, then you decided to lose another 12lb. Why? You fit into anything from a size 8 to a size 12 clothes depending on the store and if you tried toning you would probably tone up a few inches too.... how scrawny do you want to be? Maybe as a compromise you should stick to your original 10 stone goal, or if you want to compromise and get into the 9s, just go down to 9 stone 13... you were only 2lb away from that before you ate badly yesterday.

Will I spend the rest of my life feeling hungry?
Hmm I dont know the answer to this one, so if anyone can help out I would be grateful.

Okay so what is your plan today?
Right, I am going to do more exercise than I have been doing, although I have done a little bit each day, haven't felt too well since Saturday though... I will lose weight down to 9 stone 13lb and then maintain there, shouldn't be too hard to shift those extra few lbs, although will be eating out on Friday but should burn any extra calories off at the U2 concert at Wembley Stadium on Friday night... will eat with my family, but will make better choices, and have told hubby this morning that I will be cooking healthy meals each day, but will not be cooking cakes and things, maybe a once or twice a week treat, I will stock up the freezer with ice-cream as the children like that and I am not so keen, so wont eat it.... (definately ha ha).

So I will check back here daily in a hope that I will be helping myself. I am going to change my ticker to reflect the weight I am now aiming for and will definately aim for only that and try toning up instead of losing weight.
Thanks for all your comments, especially yours Sunshine which I definately did relate to the jumping from one diet to the next diet bit....

Hi hun, only just managed to catch up here. Didn't mean to mess your head up :( But I think it's really good that you've put down all your thoughts and got them straight in your head. You'll be fine whatever you do :)

Hope your daughter is okay, poor thing. 8 weeks is a long time to wait tho eek! hugs xxx

Good luck Greeneyes. I think you are at target, really... and working out how to go from here. It helps to have a structure of sorts, and to make sure not every day is a treat day... that has been my downfall this last few weeks. Summer is tough like that! But once you are in a good-choice zone it feels good, and that's where I want to be again. We can do it. Losing or maintaining, both are tough!

xxx

OMG, cannot believe it, last WI today on Cambridge as have now finished working up plans and I lost 3lb.... how on earth did that happen, so my scales today showed 9 stone 13lb.... lol. So have got where I want to be, just need to maintain it now. My CDC is going to come and weigh me on 9th September to make sure I am maintaining and not putting on. Wow cannot believe I have finished it at last... am on a real high today, I just never thought I would get there (and I had the last piece of carrot cake last night)... will now step up my exercise a bit and am about to walk to the Post Office and may even have a go on the cross trainer when I get back....

Big hugs Greeneyes, I am so happy for you.

xxx

WOW GREENEYES! well done! you must be so happy, i'm so pleased for you.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh!!!!! Well done hon thats fantastic.............
You must be over the moon!! and so you should be you have done so well Im so happy for you!!
Keep smiling and all the best for keeping on track xx

:happy096:Well done honey and big congratulations on being in the 9's!!!! Think you shouldnt make anymore cakes though -well you should but you must send us all a small slice lol - I LOVE carrot cake yum yum xxxx

Yep I am sitting on my hands today determined not to make cakes, I will do the ironing instead...... (boring!!)

Oh no how tragic, wont be able to do the ironing then....

Back