Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Greetings from

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mark45, 20 July 2010 Social URL.

1. mark45

mark45 Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2.8lb(36.54%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / Portion Control
    Hi there. My name is Mark.

On Saturday, 17th July 2010 I was curious what my weight was after a long story which I will perhaps go into detail on another day:
    22st 10lb 3/4oz (318lbs)

On calculation of my BMI: 42 I am told that I am classifield as "Extremely Obese"

"Enough is enough" I say and I embark on my ambition to become classified as "Healthy". Although before I get there to my final goal I am aiming for borderline Healthy/Overweight i.e. with a BMI of 25.

However there is a problem: I find it really embarrassing for other people to look at me so I don't think I will like jogging/walking or anything like that. I do not have a job at current but will be resuming university this September so I guess I could always walk the long ways to lectures/library etc.

So I have decided to restrict calorie intake to 1,750kcal and record it which I think is a sensible thing to do and have been recording it since Sunday considering before it was obviously unrecorded and had too many snacks/fizz/generous portions etc.

See where it goes from there...although I feel fine at the moment with approx 1,550kcal and have resisted the temptations. Hopefully if I keep this up all will be good. Prepare for laughs and cries for the next 2 years or so which I aim to complete my objective of loosing 9 1/4 st. (129lbs). Looking forward to reading other posts on this forum and read some experiences from other members.

Last edited: 20 July 2010
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    Hey Mark and welcome to the forum.

If you aren't keen on walking/jogging then maybe try doing some exercises in your house. Fitness dvds are handy, or just 'jogging' on a mini trampoline would be good. There are lots of different ways you can exercise around the house!

Anyway, good luck on your weight loss journey.

Claire x

4. sharkbait1983

sharkbait1983 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Vintage Points
    Hi Mark and :welcome: to the forums! You sound like you are very motivated which is fab. Everyone on here is really friendly and very supportive so I think you will enjoy your time here!

I am also embarassed when other people see me exercising so have bitten the bullet and bought fitness DVD's (Davina McCall, 10 minutes solutions and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred) which I am really enjoying and they are working! It also means no one can see me exercising. This might be something that helps!

I am sure that will speak again but for now I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!

Sharkbait1983 x
    :p:p:p

5. mark45

mark45 Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2.8lb(36.54%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / Portion Control
    Thanks guys and that's a good idea :D

Does anyone have one of those Nintendo Wii's? Because I heard of this thing called "Wii fit" not sure if it worth getting (I have wii already)

6. nattyclare78

nattyclare78 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(21.91%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    welcome and good luck :D

and the wii fit is fantastic :) :)

7. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with the pounds

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.