Greetings from

mark45

Hi there. My name is Mark.

On Saturday, 17th July 2010 I was curious what my weight was after a long story which I will perhaps go into detail on another day:
22st 10lb 3/4oz (318lbs)

On calculation of my BMI: 42 I am told that I am classifield as "Extremely Obese"

"Enough is enough" I say and I embark on my ambition to become classified as "Healthy". Although before I get there to my final goal I am aiming for borderline Healthy/Overweight i.e. with a BMI of 25.

However there is a problem: I find it really embarrassing for other people to look at me so I don't think I will like jogging/walking or anything like that. I do not have a job at current but will be resuming university this September so I guess I could always walk the long ways to lectures/library etc.

So I have decided to restrict calorie intake to 1,750kcal and record it which I think is a sensible thing to do and have been recording it since Sunday considering before it was obviously unrecorded and had too many snacks/fizz/generous portions etc.

See where it goes from there...although I feel fine at the moment with approx 1,550kcal and have resisted the temptations. Hopefully if I keep this up all will be good. Prepare for laughs and cries for the next 2 years or so which I aim to complete my objective of loosing 9 1/4 st. (129lbs). Looking forward to reading other posts on this forum and read some experiences from other members.

Last edited:
Hey Mark and welcome to the forum.

If you aren't keen on walking/jogging then maybe try doing some exercises in your house. Fitness dvds are handy, or just 'jogging' on a mini trampoline would be good. There are lots of different ways you can exercise around the house!

Anyway, good luck on your weight loss journey.

Claire x

Hi Mark and :welcome: to the forums! You sound like you are very motivated which is fab. Everyone on here is really friendly and very supportive so I think you will enjoy your time here!

I am also embarassed when other people see me exercising so have bitten the bullet and bought fitness DVD's (Davina McCall, 10 minutes solutions and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred) which I am really enjoying and they are working! It also means no one can see me exercising. This might be something that helps!

I am sure that will speak again but for now I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Back