Grieving for times past

Keeliewheeliebin

biker babe!
Do you ever grieve for certain situations or times past?

Since i left Uni 2 years ago ive had times when i just feel so so sad, like im grieving for my old life at uni. Even though at the time i was poor beyond belief and totally exhausted.

I think about where i used to live, my halls of residence, my lecturers, times i spent in the SU bar, my freinds ( who i hardly ever see) even sitting up till stupid hours of the morning trying to finish an essay in time ( something i used to hate!).
i think about the City i lived in, the hairdressers i went to (!) the streets i walked down, the chip shop i worked in ( i HATED that job!),.....just the good times...well, and the bad!

im sat here with tears in my eyes, really trying to stop myself from crying. i think that im just lonely. Ive only really had a few good freinds in my life, and they are all in different parts of the country. Its so sad, even on my hen night i had my mother in law, my mum, my husbands freind and my brother in law's girlfreind with me........not 1 freind of my own. All of my 'freinds' now are DH's relatives and his freinds.

I just want my own identity back

The only people who ever understood me have all gone their own ways.
ok , thats it, my eyes are full of tears and im starting to sniff...colleagues are looking at me funny.....

im sorry for waffling, but i think it has helped me writing this down.

i just cant begin to tell you how down i feel at the moment

Oh Keelie I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling so down. Would you be able to make contact with one of your friends from old??

big hugs to you girl... just think of the lovely turkey weather and the relaxing time you will have!!

love

Gen xxx

thanks Gen, i just think im having one of those days today.
Im gonna give my 'ole mate Perry a call. Bless him, he was one of the oldest on our course ( 40 something) and i was one of the youngest (17) when we met. We were inseperable at uni.....now i havent seen him for nearly a year and a half.
i wish i was back there!!!!!!

its weird isn't it how we drift from people who we were once so very close to... i suppose life just takes us all down different paths. there are some people i wish i stayed in touch with and then others i'm glad i didn't hee hee

but i suppose these things happen and sure you have moved on and got married and its harder when everyone is so far away to keep in touch.

is there stuff in your area you could join or where you could meet new people... i know that is hard but sometimes it can be good!!

hope you feel better soon cos you just can't go to turkey feeling sad, its against the law :) :) :)

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Gen xx

oh, believe me i wont be sad in turkey! a few bottles of Efes will soon see me right!!

i'll have a look into social type groups in my area, but i feel really stupid at 23 not having any freinds!!!Also my intersts are in things like history and archaeology, both of which seem to attract an older 'gathering' for want of a better word!
im just gonna die, old and freindless...ill be like the cat woman from the Simpsons...completley loony with a house full of cats!!

throwing them at unsuspecting children.....

yeah but at least you will be having fun lol lol

at 29 a couple of my friends are hitting 40 and to be honest i'd rather older friends than younger (no disrespect) but older friends have life experience and are interesting where as people ur age are probably out doing silly things that you are not interested in doing??? might be totally off the mark there....

i reckon i'm gonna end up on the top of a hill in a caravan with a load of cats and smelling of pee so maybe we can keep each other company hee hee

yeah, i think youre right there re; freinds my own age.
im gonna have to get out there and meet people!!

I'd like to come to you caravan please! I'll be the 'older' friend (i'm 40)and mix a mean cd shake!!!Sarah x

bless ya!

ill be back online tomorrow, gotta log off now as going home.
Thanks everyone xxxxxxxx

Reason, Season, or Lifetime FriendsWhen someone is in your life for a reason, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. S/he has come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually.S/he is there to meet a need. Then without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, s/he will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes s/he dies. Sometimes s/he walks away. Sometimes s/he acts up or out and forces you to take a stand. What we must realize is that the need has been met.When a person comes into your life for a season, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. S/he may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. S/he may teach you something you have never done. S/he usually gives you an unbelievable amount of joy.Lifetime relationships teach you lifetime lessons. Those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. You must accept the lesson, love the person/people anyway, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. Source: Anonymous

OOH Miss Bin - I'm so sorry that I missed you before you logged off today. HUGS to you, darling!!

I know just how you feel - which is why I looked up this quote for you - I too miss certain social groups that I have lost contact with but you have to accept that sometimes your life moves on and there are casualties along the way.

I really hope that you feel that you have friends on here, babes - and even if we don't see you in person every day, we are there for you!

lots of love

Hiya m8

You so rung a bell with me then.

I sometimes float back to days gone by and get myself all upset about times in the past. I can literally revisit a moment in my past with my gran or when I was happy and so desperately want to be able to click my fingers and be there and it hurts so much that you can't go back.

But you have to move on! Look back with fondness and remember the good times but you still have good times to come so live today and don't look back too much.

Mike

Ahhhh Keelie,

Hope you feel a bit better now hun?

I know I am from the older "gathering":D , but I do love history and archaeology too....;)

Bless ya babe...xxx

Morning Wheelie!

Hope you are feeling a bit better today and have a quiet weekend.

Mike

thankyou so much for the kind messages guys.
Im feeling a bit better today...the sun is shining and im off on holiday next friday!!
Unfortunatly im working all weekend, but its my 1st wedding anniversary on Sunday, so hopefully DH will have planned something nice for the evening.....(maybe!)

Decided ive got to stop living in the past and move on and do something new!! gonna join a local archaeology society...and see what happens!

once again, thanks for all your kind words and thoughts xxxxxx

Back