Grollyzbird's Food Diary and probably some rambling :D

Well done!!!

Congrats on your loss!

How are you doing hun? Feeling better today? :)

Thank you guys :)
sorry been manic here, been having to sort out my spare room, my niece is moving in with us because she isn't getting on with my sister, it's all go around here lol
going to update my food diary now
xx

wow I haven't updated my food diary in 4 days! shocking lol

Day 21! :D

Breakfast:
Muller light yoghurt
Fruit Salad, apple, grapes and tangerines

Lunch:
2 fried egg sandwiches (I was hungry haha)

Dinner:
Ham and egg salad with potato salad, lettuce, cucumber, spring onion and tomatoes

HexA:
30g cheddar
HexB:
60g wholemeal bread

Syns:
wholemeal bread (4)
2 tbsp light salad cream(2)
1 tbsp extra light mayo (1)
French fries (4)
half curly wurly(3)
Total syns (14)

was a very hungry day today :)
xx

Today was weigh in day today, as you know I lost 2lb, my biggest loss so far and I was over the moon :D but like always on weigh in day, the whole day seems all messed up and I have so much to do including shopping that food can be a nightmare fitting it in but I make sure I pull my finger out and cook and not order take away haha :D

Day 22!

Breakfast:
Mullerlight yogurt

Lunch:
Fruit salad, honeydew melon, grapes, strawberries, pear and apple

Dinner:
Pasta with mushrooms and onions in my yummy tomato sauce

HexA:
30g cheddar
HexB:
60g wholemeal bread

Syns:
French fries (4)
Cadbury's fudge (5-1/2)
Twister ice lolly (2)
Total syns (11-1/2)

was really tired today and had a headache, just really happy I didn't order take away :D my mind seems to be changing!
xx

I was supposed to have steak and chips today but got a huge urge for curry and rice! so made these guys their steak and chips and changed mine :D was yummy haha

Day 23!!! :D

Breakfast:
A whole honeydew melon LOL and some grapes :D

Lunch:
Egg salad, lettuce, cucumber, spring onions and tomatoes

Dinner:
Beef curry with onion, broccoli and cauliflower with rice and little cubed chips :D
beef curry (1).jpg

HexA:
30g Cheddar
HexB:
Alpen light bar

Syns:
1 tbsp light salad cream (1)
French fries (4)
curly wurly (6)
Total syns (12)

really enjoyed my food today haha xx

Last edited:
Right well yesterday I decided to try something new, I think it was so I didn't cave and buy takeaway with all the stress I am under with my sister and now my niece moving in with us, my niece is 14 going on 40 and I love her to pieces and she listens to me, she never gives me any back chat or acts up for me even when she lived with me before, but her and my sister clash really bad and it makes me sad! so yes I have done well to cook!
I love the slimming world recipe books, my dinner came out of the fakeaway book :D

Day 24!!!

Breakfast:
Ham and marmite sandwich :D

Lunch:
Tuna pasta with sweetcorn

Dinner:
Chicken chow mein!!!!!!!!!!!! I have pictures of it that I will load up soon, it was so yummy! I almost didn't make it because the marinade for the chicken smelled like liqourice and I hate it lol but my OH stuck his finger in and said it tasted good, so I threw the chicken in it! so happy I didn't throw it away! haha

chow mein 1.jpg chow mein 2.jpg chow mein 3.jpg chow mein 4.jpg

HexA:
30g Cheddar
HexB:
60g wholemeal bread

Syns:
1 tbsp light salad cream (1)
French fries (4)
Cadbury's fudge (5-1/2)
Total syns (11-1/2)

Do you think I should cut down on the crisps and chocolate? it seems to be every night I have it now, or do you think its fine? mind you thats what the syns are there for, I think I was just worried that it has become a habit now, but thinking back on it, I used to eat about 3 bags of crisps and lots more chocolate when watching tv in the evening so cutting down to 1 of each and all within my syn allowance must be a good thing haha
I will remember to upload my pics, I was so proud lol I was even nice enough to let my sister try some, she loved it and was moaning that her prawn curry was horrible, she uses morrisons value curry sauce :)
xx

Last edited:
I was feeling better thank you :)
Well done on your 4lb loss!! thats fantastic! and slimmer of the week :D go you! xx

Thanks! I was well chuffed :D Glad to hear you are feeling better ^^

Thanks! I was well chuffed :D Glad to hear you are feeling better ^^

haha I'll bet you were! I don't think I will get slimmer of the week, its always the same woman in group winning it, she got slimmer of the month aswell, I still don't know how she is doing it because she is drinking loads and partying, some people looked a bit miffed in group lol she started a week before me
xx

I just updated my food diary with pics, the one with the curry looks like a huge amount of beef, I chopped up my steak and enjoyed every bit of it hahaha
xx

how are finding the food budget with SW? I know you were concerned xx

Happy Sunday hun x

how are finding the food budget with SW? I know you were concerned xx

Absolutely fine hun :D
Me being me I didn't take into account the money I spent every week on take away and crap lol

We are doing great, eating yummy fresh foods, trying new dishes etc and coping brilliant with the money side :D morrisons are helping with the cheap fruit and veg, and so is the local market :D
It's great and I am embarrassed to report that we are now saving money! but not surprised because sometimes we could eat takeaway 2-3 times a week!! £15-20 a time! :hide:
xx

Happy Sunday hun x

Thanks hun! you to! :D
It is a great day today, been to morrisons, they wanted sausage rolls and pork pies again, so I got it for them but ended up grizzling at my OH to leave the room because I really wanted to eat a sausage roll, at over 300 calories each I am so happy I haven't caved! instead I have a lovely black coffee sat here :D

Trying to find the light readymade puff pastry so I can make a pie because I would kill for some pastry but want to do it healthy as possible, I have been good, I had that kebab on week 2 but other than that I have stuck to plan, so don't want to ruin my hard work! :D
Being a good girl haha
xx

Oh just wanted to point out to people in case I haven't done it already, the pictures of food I put up, it fills the plate up but they aren't standard size dinner plates :) I have a smaller plate for me, a bit bigger than a side plate :D
xx

haha I'll bet you were! I don't think I will get slimmer of the week, its always the same woman in group winning it, she got slimmer of the month aswell, I still don't know how she is doing it because she is drinking loads and partying, some people looked a bit miffed in group lol she started a week before me
xx

Maybe all she does is drink? :p xD

Thanks hun! you to! :D
It is a great day today, been to morrisons, they wanted sausage rolls and pork pies again, so I got it for them but ended up grizzling at my OH to leave the room because I really wanted to eat a sausage roll, at over 300 calories each I am so happy I haven't caved! instead I have a lovely black coffee sat here :D

Trying to find the light readymade puff pastry so I can make a pie because I would kill for some pastry but want to do it healthy as possible, I have been good, I had that kebab on week 2 but other than that I have stuck to plan, so don't want to ruin my hard work! :D
Being a good girl haha
xx

the hairy dieters do a pie recipe where they use a pizza base mix to make a pie crust.... that might be an option x

Regarding the SOTW who wins despite apparently drinking a lot - just console yourself with the thought that she might be losing weight but is unlikely to be improving her health. Is there any point in being slim but unhealthy!

Have you tried using filo pastry? You can make samosas using it, so I guess you could make some sausage rolls with it (using Linda M RAOR or quorn sausages). Or scrunch it up and use it as the topping for a pie? I'm sure you'll get some ideas if you hunt around the recipe section on here or the SW site.

Back