1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Gross, i know, but...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by wannabeminime, 19 February 2008 Social URL.

1. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed an increase in tartar build up on their teeth whilst doing a VLCD? I seem to have to brush harder, for longer, and floss more often, and then use mouthwash too! My mouth isn't normally like this! I remember it occurring last time i did cd too.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. debz32

debz32 Well-Known Member

.....mine were the opposite....even my dentist - who didn't know I was on CD commented on how clean my teeth were !!!

maybe someone else has experienced the same thing.....:confused:

Debz xx

4. Mumof2girls

Mumof2girls Well-Known Member

I dont know if its tartar, but I know I have a dirty feeling on on the inside of my teeth even after cleaning.

5. wannabeminime

And is it worse when on a vlcd? This is exactly what i mean!

6. Grandma

Grandma Totally Focused

Mine have been a lot smoother and cleaner. I did invest in a sonic toothbrush which has made a big difference as well. My teeth actually feel better than they have for years.
    x

7. wannabeminime

I love my sonic (sonicare) toothbrush! I bought one when they came out years ago, and never went back to manual!

8. Mumof2girls

Yeah, I have noticed it is worse since starting this diet, im on ss. I use a sonic toothbrush all the time and it isnt making a difference. Reminds me of christmas pudding my mother used to make which contained suet, and the feeling it left on the palet of my mouth. Ok, that might be just a 'me thing'!

9. debz32

debz32 Well-Known Member

...have you tried brushing your tongue ????

I bought a tongue scraper thingy from Boots and use this, plus floss, plus 2 different toothbrushes (manual & sonic) every day......:rolleyes:

kinda fussy bout my teeth !!!

Debz xx

10. Mumof2girls

Ha ha I'm the same, I always brush my tongue also!!

11. wannabeminime

Yep, i brush my tongue as well. I am fussy about oral hygiene too, which is why i am not liking this build up. :confused: It's all a bit strange; i seem to get different side effects whilst on cd to most! eg, i cant sleep, while most seem to sleep better!:confused:

12. xo__lisajane

xo__lisajane Active Member

My friend Jo said her mouth tasted like a shitty nappy. I've not had any of the symptoms everyone said are likely. I didn't get the bad breath and I smoke aswell as Jo, which is weird.

13. mandye

mandye Well-Known Member

I have found my teeth have a build up of something while Ive been on ss .I also have been cleaning my teeth 4 times a day (due to terrible bad breathe ).I scape my tongue and floss .I have found corsodyl mouth wash is a big help it not cheap though