Gross, i know, but...

wannabeminime

Gold Member
Has anyone noticed an increase in tartar build up on their teeth whilst doing a VLCD? I seem to have to brush harder, for longer, and floss more often, and then use mouthwash too! My mouth isn't normally like this! I remember it occurring last time i did cd too.

Has anyone noticed an increase in tartar build up on their teeth whilst doing a VLCD? I seem to have to brush harder, for longer, and floss more often, and then use mouthwash too! My mouth isn't normally like this! I remember it occurring last time i did cd too.

.....mine were the opposite....even my dentist - who didn't know I was on CD commented on how clean my teeth were !!!

maybe someone else has experienced the same thing.....:confused:

Debz xx

Mine have been a lot smoother and cleaner. I did invest in a sonic toothbrush which has made a big difference as well. My teeth actually feel better than they have for years.
x

Mine have been a lot smoother and cleaner. I did invest in a sonic toothbrush which has made a big difference as well. My teeth actually feel better than they have for years.
x

I love my sonic (sonicare) toothbrush! I bought one when they came out years ago, and never went back to manual!

Yeah, I have noticed it is worse since starting this diet, im on ss. I use a sonic toothbrush all the time and it isnt making a difference. Reminds me of christmas pudding my mother used to make which contained suet, and the feeling it left on the palet of my mouth. Ok, that might be just a 'me thing'!

...have you tried brushing your tongue ????

I bought a tongue scraper thingy from Boots and use this, plus floss, plus 2 different toothbrushes (manual & sonic) every day......:rolleyes:

kinda fussy bout my teeth !!!

Debz xx

Yep, i brush my tongue as well. I am fussy about oral hygiene too, which is why i am not liking this build up. :confused: It's all a bit strange; i seem to get different side effects whilst on cd to most! eg, i cant sleep, while most seem to sleep better!:confused:

My friend Jo said her mouth tasted like a shitty nappy. I've not had any of the symptoms everyone said are likely. I didn't get the bad breath and I smoke aswell as Jo, which is weird.

I have found my teeth have a build up of something while Ive been on ss .I also have been cleaning my teeth 4 times a day (due to terrible bad breathe ).I scape my tongue and floss .I have found corsodyl mouth wash is a big help it not cheap though

Back