Grrr easter eggs!!!!

glammam

I have been really loving the diet, BUT I am finding it so hard today knowing i have so many easter eggs in the house. I keep fantasising over creme eggs! Argh!!!! Gonna have to have another bowl of sugar free jelly with total on it. Oh, I love that but its not the same today. Sob! :cry::cry::cry:

I was bought a 70% dark chocolate Thorntons egg, yum yum!!

I have been really loving the diet, BUT I am finding it so hard today knowing i have so many easter eggs in the house. I keep fantasising over creme eggs! Argh!!!! Gonna have to have another bowl of sugar free jelly with total on it. Oh, I love that but its not the same today. Sob! :cry::cry::cry:

Glammam you've done so well and there will be years ahead of you of easters where you CAN indulge if you sacrifice just this once.....drink plenty of water, eat protein, stick with the s/f jelly and get an early night, hide the eggs out of your sights so others can get at them but you're not forced to stare at them. After the early night, tomorrow is another day :) you can get through this!! xx

If we can all keep in focus, it's just 1 easter, 1 birthday we have to give up in return for healthy weight for life - I don't think any of us are on plan longer than a year
smile.gif
so it's time to keep heads up, goals in sight, eyes on prizes and remember it's just 1 day....best of luck ladies xxx

I think this sort of comment is really unhelpful, glammam posted needing moral support, not this.

Zoesastar said:

That's really mean! :(

Glam Mam a lot to loose is right you should be so proud resisting and just think how awful you would feel if you had chocolate it's really not worth it! I think a better gift is a nice loss on them scales!! I'm with ya! I've resisted the eggs too! Sooo go us! We can do this!!! :) well done :)

do you have children at home ?? I cant remember if you do lol if you do would it be better if they were in the kids rooms out of sight....if not give the eggs away :D

dietqueen82 said:
That's really mean! :(

What would be mean if someone had bought her one knowing that she is doing Dukan!

Glammam well done you are resisting those eggs, as hard and tempting as they are, as Ellie say get them out of site and when the temption comes....have a drink of water and come on minimins to occupy you mind and hands : -) be strong xxx

You poor thing, I really sympathise. Its one of the (many :D) benefits of living alone and far from family. Nobody buys me an Easter Egg :(. I would normally buy my own and scoff it all in one day but obviously no chocolate in the house this Easter. I do feel for you guys and gals that have to live in a house with "normal" food lying around and even more so for those that have to cook and serve it to kiddies.

You must all be very strong. We will get there, as has been said we'll have plenty of Easters where we can treat ourselves.

When I was doing Slimming World this would be impossible for me, I would have convinced myself that I could use a weeks worth of syns (even though I had probably in reality already had them) on having an Easter treat. But as soon as I got a taste of the chocolate I wouldn't be able to stop.

If you got through yesterday without succumbing to any chocolate you should be really proud of yourselves and know that you are truely on the road to success.

Sam

Thanks for the comments everyone. Well, got through it! Just!!! Had to make myself prawn omlette and have a yoghurt at about 10 o clock tho which I would never eat at that time! So yesterday I went for a gorgeous meal up in laws and stuck to chicken n veg, no stunning homemade gravy. Passed on the lovely sparkling wine and sat watching everyone eat cheesecake and appletart and custard!!! Left the eggs alone but did eat more than normal with the omlette. OH well, at least I didnt give in. Oh ,and my parents rang to say they had loads of Indian leftover and did I want them to bring it up!!!! NOOOOO!!! Oh well, all over now and dont feel tempted at all. My daughter just ate one of her eggs in fron of me and didnt bother me at all. So glad I didnt give in cos I would feel terrible now. It just isnt worth it. Got backc in my black skinny jeans yesterday and that feeling was better than any chocolate :0 So 15 pounds in 4 weeks and still going strong. Here's to another good week.... Good luck everyone :) xxxx

Well done you, I just went to Asda for some eggs. They were sitting next to plastic boxes with five sugar ring doughnuts, I actually picked them up and they were still warm so that was my willpower test for the day.

By the by they were 65p!!!! No wonder this country is suffering with sugar addiction and obesity

Yay WELL DONE glammam!!

Have a root around the recipes - I tend to make the baked cheesecake to lessen the impact of cake-heavy events like Easter. I have been know to scoff at least half of one in one day (in several sittings though!) and it's really filling too ;-) If you are desperate you are also allowed an extra TB or so of Oatbran so you could have extra muffins etc - it the choice is that or give in to a chocolate egg then the oatbran is always preferable!

Keep up the great work it will so be worth it! I know it's easy to say now - back in Stab I can actually eat a chocolate egg now and it does not quite put a pound on the hips in a second but even so I have to be careful not to go back to my 'old ways' - hence no chocolate has passed my lips today and I have been for my 5k run too!

Joys of not liking chocolate- parents substituted an Easter egg for a tea cup plant pot! I always do better from Easter! X

xeilidhx said:
Joys of not liking chocolate- parents substituted an Easter egg for a tea cup plant pot! I always do better from Easter! X

Oh so i can tell u i gotta dark choccy egg and not get told off for being mean?? Lol :D

Well done glammam for not succumbing to temptation. I take sf jelly in handbag for these occasions!! Birthday cakes etc. Even brazen enough to eat them in hotels too if nothing suitable-no shame!!

Haha Zoe, there's around 1000000000000000 foods I'd rather have than dark chocolate so tell me as often as you like. Crisps on the other hand....I'd eat my own arm for them at times so I understand the craving, just not the foodstuff of choice!

Well done all, just avoid all the reduced ones now! Xxx

Yes despite lots of sharing chocolate here for everyone, I got a nice hand made bath bomb from my in-laws :) My MIL knows me better than anyone...

I know how hard it is at times - this Easter (with 5 kids) I have had loads of chocolate eggs in the house and it's TOTM at the same time!!! Yesterday i just wanted to grab them all off the table and scoff them in one sitting, today it's not as bad but it's making me grumpy! We should all be proud of our will power.

I have eaten the chocolates that came separately in mine but I am just about to go and freeze the actual egg, how good am I?

Well done Glammam - whenever im tempted i always think of the quote i learnt on this forum - nothing tastes as good as being slim feels! Xx

Like that quote scooter, defo using that one x

Back