Grrrr... doing everything right, but to no avail! HELP!!

kevandju5

Maintaining
Having spent a happy and contented few months at target, Xmas pushed me over the edge and I am started the 2010 5lbs over target.

So, with New Year out of the way, I got back on the wagon and have been 100% on track for 3 weeks now.

I have focused on having more Red days than Green (as this has always worked better for me in the past) and enjoyed lots of Superfree food, plus S and SS foods.

I have been exercising 3 times per week (aerobics, cross-trainer and ice-skating) so WHY have I not lost a single pound???

The only thing I can think of is that I am enjoing too many free foods, e.g. fruit and yoghurt.

Any ideas??????????????

I think that when you are at Target, or just over, it is harder to lose a pound.
I'm currently 5 over target and i'm finding it really hard - one to stick to the plan, and two, to lose weight. I lose 2lb the othe week but worked really hard to do it.
Once you've got to target it's harder to lose those extra pounds than it is first time round.
The only advice I can offer is superfree between all meals (and by that I mean fruit or raw veg!), cut down on syns and plod on.
I'm contemplating a week of Success Express next week (but not saying anything at group as it doesn't exist any more and I don't want to confuse the newbies!)

I feel your pain Julie!

I think that when you are at Target, or just over, it is harder to lose a pound.
I'm currently 5 over target and i'm finding it really hard - one to stick to the plan, and two, to lose weight. I lose 2lb the othe week but worked really hard to do it.
Once you've got to target it's harder to lose those extra pounds than it is first time round.
The only advice I can offer is superfree between all meals (and by that I mean fruit or raw veg!), cut down on syns and plod on.
I'm contemplating a week of Success Express next week (but not saying anything at group as it doesn't exist any more and I don't want to confuse the newbies!)

I feel your pain Julie!

Thanks for the sympathy, Jaylou. It is certainly not easy, is it?

So when you say superfree snacks only, would you suggest I ditch my morning snack of a slice of homemade All Bran cake (1.5 syns)? It's my only non-superfree snack, but I get so hungry mid-morning!!

I'm currently averaging around 10 syns per day? Should I aim for 8 do you think, and see how that goes?

Thanks for the advice,

xx

I notice that the weeks that I drink less water, I tend to lose less which is why I'm asking. Now I just fill a 1L jug full and make sure to drink at least 2 of them.
There is a lady in my group who is also close to target and is finding it harder to lose those extra lbs, but the Consultant gave her an SOS log, so you might want to take a look at one of them.

I notice that the weeks that I drink less water, I tend to lose less which is why I'm asking. Now I just fill a 1L jug full and make sure to drink at least 2 of them.
There is a lady in my group who is also close to target and is finding it harder to lose those extra lbs, but the Consultant gave her an SOS log, so you might want to take a look at one of them.

Thanks Meli, I'll give it a go with the 2litres tip. What's an SOS log? I don't go to class and I've never heard of that!

xx

I'd have a banana or yoghurt instead. I also drop my syns to 5 a day when I'm struggling to lose pounds too, but only as a last resort as I like my syns!!

An SAS log is a Slimmers against Sabotage log, it's for your eyes only and basically you write down when things go wrong for you. I'm not sure this would work for you though hun as you seem to be doing everything right and not falling off the wagon. An SAS log is for people who are struggling to stick to plan and it identifies weak points.

Back