Grrrr - New kitchen being fitted starting next Monday...

that the big glass bowl ones?

I don't have the counter space to put one.. I'd like to give one a try though.. pity they don't to a "30 day money back guarantee" on them if you don't like them..

umm - there isn't exactly a lot of room in here. We pay rent for a house with a working kitchen, so it'll just have to be sorted out or the landlord might not get his full £850 for this month. And there's no money to be buying any gadgets or halogen ovens I'm afraid. This is a tight month.

Anyway - what a fun afternoon. Cupboards cleared, 3 bin bags full of stuff that needs dumping and 5 large boxes full of kitchen stuff in the bedroom. Just need to tackle the kitchen table, which is my office / wardrobe / eating space / general dumping ground.

All looking good on return from Norwich. Casings for new units in place, draws in, tiles off the wall, and new cooker, sink etc all piled up ready to put in. Cooker has an extractor (which hopefully should stop the smoke alarm going off every time we use the grill - haha - glad I posted this,as it reminded me to remove the clingfilm from the smoke alarm in the kitchen before the landlord sees it, unless he already did this morning!!). Looking forward to seeing where they've got to by the end of tomorrow. Chicken kebab and salad for tea tomorrow whether they've finished or not!!

Sounds like you have a good landlord.

Hope it is finished for you VERY soon,

The kitchen blokes reckon they'll be finished by Wed, but the electrician can't come back til Friday. Think that's only for the extractor fan though so should be able to move back into that room soon. It's looking good so far. Hoping the landlord's taste in tiles has improved since he last had the kitchen done in the late 70's as haven't seen them yet!!! Lol.

Back