Grrrrrr

Shuffler

It's not my official weigh in until tomorrow morning but I stupidly had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning only to find that I have GAINED 1lb. :cry:

I have stuck to the diet 100%, and when I say 100% that means drinking all the water too. I had one day where all I drank was 2l of water plus a few teas or coffees but that's the least I've had...

I don't understand, and frankly it's making me want to jack it all in as maybe I'm just always gonna be a bit on the big side no matter what I do.

I keep saying this don't I? :eek:

The scales aren't everything!

Especially for someone like you who is not that far from a healthy BMI anyway, your loss is likely to be slower than someone who is starting from a much higher weight.

But that's bye the bye.

The important things are have you measured yourself, do you check your body fat %age, could you be retaining water (totm?), are you "going" OK and last but not least your weight can fluctuate by as much as 5-6lbs in a single day depending what you have eaten/drunk so it might go right back down again tomorrow!

Do your weigh-in tomorrow and see what's happened.

if you have gained then I reckon it's one of 2 things, either you are losing fat but gaining muscle (which is denser and therefore weighs more for the same volume) - measurements would show this - OR your body has gone into starvation mode and you need to have more calories, either by adding a 4th daily pack or moving to WS. Either way I'd give it another week before you decide, if you don't lose much this week you may lose a load next week, sometimes our bodies like to mess with our heads like that!

The important things are not to panic, not to stress and not to give up. You may just need to fiddle with it a bit to make it work for you!

I was a bit slow to start with shuffler

and also look at Quak-she is close to goal, and was sticking, then lost 4lbs this week !!!

don;t give up just yet ;D

Thanks guys!

I haven't been measuring myself, so I probably should grab a tape measure and check!

It's not my TOTM but it was when I started and I'm on the pill (Dianette for my skin which is apparently a little different to the normal pill) which historically has made it hard for me to lose weight.

My scales do check body fat % so I need to start using that function.

As for toilets - I haven't really been 'properly' for a few days now, but it doesn't feel like there is anything there to get rid of!!

I suppose it could just be a case of it coming off in random chunks, maybe in a few days I will suddenly drop a couple of pounds!

I'll stick at it for now on the Total solution for another couple of weeks and then if not much is happening still then I'll just go on to the working solution and see if that helps!

xx

your body is bound to resist the shocking methods we are using to rid it of fat so don't panic... it cant cling on for long under these conditions! the above posts are spot on and you'll probably have a good loss next week. Second weeks are usually like this on these kinds of plans so stick with it and see how you go next week. xxx

What everybody else said plus - bodies are bloody funny things, if I listed what I ate this weekend you would be amazed that I have not put on, never mind lost! They do their own thing and what you have to do is do what you are meant to do and they will follow on at some point, not always immediately but just hang on in there!
Bren xx

Thanks everyone, this has made me feel much better!

I hope that it's probably just my body being slow and taking a while to catch up.

I think I've got smaller - my boyfriend and his house mate have both commented that I look a bit smaller around the ribs, so that will be fine for now! :)

I lose in random inexplicable chunks too, even at this size. ;)

Back