Grunka Lunka's SW Food Diary

Forgot to update for a couple of days. Oh well.

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsumas (S), Muller Light
Total: 0 syns

Lunch:
Chicken, sweetcorn, mayonnaise (2 syns), wrap (HEB), cucumber (S), red pepper (S)
Total: 2 syns

Dinner:
Vegetable soup (carrots (S), mushrooms (S), celery (S), chicken stock, rice, bread (4 syns), margarine (2 syns) bit of a Snack-a-Jack (1 syn), few slices of banana, a third of a Muller Light (ate my hubbys leftovers!)
Total: 6 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, Hifi bar (3 syns), Babybel (HEA)

Total syns for the day: 11 :)

Last edited:
Pretty proud of myself for yesterday. It was weigh-day and I usually splurge a bit but I restrained myself. Hubby and I went to Tesco after class and bought sausage patties, English muffins and mac and cheese! I was either going to have a sausage and egg muffin or the mac and cheese for dinner. However, when I got home I pulled myself together and had a bowl of the syn-free veg soup my mum had made, which was lovely! Used my syns on a slice of bread and butter instead and a Hifi bar as a snack :)

So today...

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsumas (S), Muller Light

Lunch:
Chicken, sweetcorn, mayonnaise (2 syns), cucumber (S), lettuce (S), spring onions (S), edamame beans, celery (S)

Dinner:
Steak, mushrooms (S), broccoli (S), onions (S), sprouts (S), peppercorn sauce (3 syns), Marmite
Total: 3 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana

Total syns for the day: 5 :)

Last edited:
Ended up not having my healthy extras yesterday as I'd planned to have them as a snack in the evening but had a bit of a poorly tummy so didn't bother. Never mind! Today...

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsumas (S), grapes, Muller Light

Lunch:
Boiled potato, boiled egg, lettuce (S), spring onions (S), tomatoes (S), cucumber (S)

Dinner:

Total:

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, tea, banana

Total syns for the day:

Pretty proud of myself for yesterday. It was weigh-day and I usually splurge a bit but I restrained myself. Hubby and I went to Tesco after class and bought sausage patties, English muffins and mac and cheese! I was either going to have a sausage and egg muffin or the mac and cheese for dinner. However, when I got home I pulled myself together and had a bowl of the syn-free veg soup my mum had made, which was lovely! Used my syns on a slice of bread and butter instead and a Hifi bar as a snack :)

Well done you - I am fairly certain that whenever I cave into something naughty it never tastes as nice as I imagined. Equally, think I don't want to eat invariably taste way better!!!!

Hope you are feeling better today too :)

Thanks mdymond1982! I did take a bit of restraint haha!

Haven't posted since Thursday so totally forgotten what I ate haha! I know I was within my syns though. Went away this weekend but wasn't as bad as I could have been. Only had 2 glasses of wine too, shocking for me! They were large ones though ;) Managed to keep to 12 syns yesterday though so back on it again! Today...

Breakfast:
Apple (S)

Lunch:
Cous cous (1 syn), roasted vegetables (courgettes (S), peppers (S), onions (S))
Total: 1 syn

Dinner:
Chilli (various S foods in this), potato, quark, onion (S), margarine (3 syns), cheese (half HEA plus about 9 syns...oops!)
Total: 12 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Satsumas (S), Babybel (half HEA), pepperami (1 syn), Hifi bars (HEB)

Total syns for the day: 14 :)

Last edited:
Yesterday was ok but I had more cheese with dinner than I'd planned on! Whoops! Happens all the time though ;) Today is weigh in day so it'll be a late dinner...

Breakfast:
Apple (S)

Lunch:
Leftover chilli (various S foods in this)

Dinner:
Leftover chilli (various S foods in this), wrap (HEB), cheese (HEA plus about 6 syns), lettuce (S), fat free Greek yogurt
Total: 6 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Satsumas (S), black coffee, far too many Digestive thing (lots of syns)

Total syns for the day: Too many :confused:

Last edited:
Ok, so I went over syns yesterday but I've decided that this week I'm going to go back to eating the way I did when I first started SW so I shouldn't be going over my syns at all. Today...

Breakfast:
Apple (S)

Lunch:
Oats (HEB), Muller Light, satsumas (S)

Dinner:
Ostrich steak, spaghetti, ratatouille (tomatoes (S), onions (S), courgette (S), garlic, spring onions (S), green and red peppers (S)

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, popcorn (3.5 syns), seeds (0.5 syns), milk (HEA), honey (1 syn)

Total syns for the day: 5 :)

Last edited:
Yesterday was a good day! Today...

Breakfast:
Grapefruit (S)

Lunch:
Muller Light, satsuma (S), apple (S), Itsu noodle pot (1 syn)

Dinner:
Sausages (2 syns), SW chips, onion (S), baked beans, leftover ratatouille (various S foods), eggs, gravy (2 syns)
Total: 4 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, tea, milk (HEA), honey (2.5 syns), Hifi bar (HEB)

Total syns for the day: 7.5 :)

Last edited:
Another good day yesterday! The nice weather certainly helps :) Today...

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsuma (S), grapes, Muller Light

Lunch:
Salad (carrot (S), tomatoes (S), lettuce (S), cucumber (S), sweetcorn, Itsu noodle pot (1 syn)

Dinner:

Total:

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, edamane beans,

Total syns for the day
:

Had far too much wine on Friday and went waaaaay over my syns! Back on plan on Saturday though and Sunday was good too. Just for the record, Sunday was...

Breakfast:
Black coffee (slept too late for food!)

Lunch:
SW homemade leek and potato soup (various S foods and 0.5 syns for spice mix), few spoons of SW homemade chilli (various S foods)
Total: 0.5syns

Dinner:
Sausages (2 syns), hash browns (4 syns), egg, baked beans, mushrooms (S), bacon, ketchup (2 syns)
Total: 8 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Banana

Total syns for the day
: 8.5 :) (Didn't have my healthy extras as I was saving them for an after-dinner snack but wasn't hungry so didn't bother)

Last edited:
Today's going well too...

Breakfast:
Grapefruit (0 syns)

Lunch:
SW homemade leek and potato soup (various S foods), satsumas (S), apple (S)

Dinner:
Mashed potato, margarine (2 syns), brussel sprouts (S), broccoli (S), mushrooms (S), garlic, marmite

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, Muller Light, grapes, seeds (HEB), Popchips (3.5 syns), honey (1 syn), milk (HEA)

Total syns for the day
: 6.5 :)

Last edited:
Good day yesterday! Weigh day today so...

Breakfast:
Apple (S), Satsuma (S)

Lunch:
SW homemade leek and potato soup (various S foods), grapefruit (S)

Dinner:
SW chilli (various S foods and 1.5 syns for spice mix), wrap (4.5), fat free Greek yogurt, cheese (HEA plus 5.5 syns), chives, jalapenos (S)

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, Hifi bar (HEB)

Total syns for the day
: 12 :confused: Hadn't planned on going that high but I didn't realise I'd run out of my HEB wraps before I started dinner and had grated all my cheese already so had to use a mini normal wrap and syn it :( Never mind, still less than 15!

Also lost 2.5lbs at weigh-in so yay! Under 200lbs now woohoo! Last time I was here was about 10 years ago!

Last edited:
Ok! Going to try to be better today than I was yesterday...

Breakfast:
Apple (S), satsuma (S), plum (S), Muller Light

Lunch:
SW chilli (various S foods and 0.5 syns for the spice mix), edamame beans
Total: 0.5 syns

Dinner:
SW chilli (various S foods and 1.5 syns for spice mix), salad (loads of S foods), potato, garlic sauce (2 syns), gherkins (S)
Total: 3.5 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, milk (HEA plus 1.5 syns), Hifi bar (HEB), graze box (6.5 syns), quark, Options (4 syns)

Total syns for the day
: 16 :oops:

Last edited:
Had a bit of a binge last night! My sweet tooth came out and I ended up devouring 2 Hifi bars, a (small) carton of chocolate milk, a graze box AND an entire tub of quark with 2 sachets of Options hot chocolate in it! That was ridiculous (luckily the chocolate milk was HEA approved and the Hifi bars were HEBs)! Anyway, hopefully that's out of my system now and I can get back on it today. Keeping the syns low today as damage control for yesterday.

Breakfast:
Grapefruit (S), plum (S)

Lunch:
SW chilli (various S foods and 0.5 syns for the spice mix), salad (loads of S foods)
Total: 0.5 syns

Dinner:
SW chicken tikka, peppers (S), onions (S), rice

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, milk (HEA plus 1.5 syns), graze box (7 syns), grapes, Muller Light, seeds (HEB)

Total syns for the day
: 9 :)

Last edited:
How is the weekend going Grunka Lunka?

I have not seen you posting in a couple of days...hope you're ok:)

Hi Mini! Thanks so much for checking in :)

I'm doing well thanks, had a bit of a blip on Friday and had waaaay too much wine (45 syns maybe) but luckily all I snacked on was a bit of popcorn so it could have been a lot worse. Have been on plan since then but struggled to post on here over the weekend because I was busy watching films and playing video games haha!

As for today...

Breakfast:
Plum (S), satsuma (S), apple (S)

Lunch:
SW leek and potato soup (various S foods), carrot sticks (S), cucumber sticks (S)

Dinner:
Potato, SW vegetable chilli (many S foods in this), cheese (HEA plus about 12 syns) - don't think it was this many but I'm counting them just to be on the safe side

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, Muller Light, seeds (HEB), grapes, Pop chips (2 syns)

Total syns for the day
: 14-ish :confused:

Last edited:
Well, yesterday was ok but I ate too much cheese at dinner haha! We were all supposed to have some but it was just my husband and me that ate it and he didn't have much. I can never leave a bowl of cheese unfinished so I scoffed the lot! Whoops! Still, I was still within my syns so I suppose it's ok...

Weigh day today, eek!

Breakfast:
Grapefruit (S)

Lunch:
Itsu noodle pot (1 syn), carrots (S), spring onions (S), green beans (S)

Dinner:
SW chilli (various S foods plus 1.5 syns for the spice mix), wrap (HEB), cheese (HEA), fat free Greek yogurt, jalapenos (S)
Total: 1.5 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, apple (S), plum (S), satsuma (S)

Total syns for the day
:

Weighed-in last night and lost one pound this week. Then proceeded to eat almost the entire contents of my kitchen. Probably hit about 25 syns yesterday. Oh well, back on it now and I'm going to try to eat more and get some variety in it because I've been eating a lot of the same stuff this week. So today...

Breakfast:
Oats (HEB), Muller Light, apple (S), plum (S)

Lunch:
SW chilli (0.5 syns for spice mix), lettuce (S), cucumber (S), edamame beans
Total: 0.5 syn

Dinner:
Chicken jambalaya (from the SW website - loads of S foods in this)

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, satsuma (S), milk (7.5 syns)

Total syns for the day
: 8 syns :)

Last edited:
Messed up a bit yesterday as thought the milk I has was a HEA but it wasn't! Whoops! Still, managed to stay within my syns anyway. Today...

Breakfast:
Oats (HEB), Muller Light, apple (S), satsuma (S)

Lunch:
SW leftover chicken jambalaya (various S foods in this)

Dinner:
Steak, broccoli (S), onions (S), mushrooms (S), green beans (S), peppercorn sauce (4 syns)
Total: 4 syns

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, milk (HEA plus 1.5 syns), HiFi bar (3 syns), biscuits (3 syns), Pop chips (3 syns), Snack-a-Jack (3 syns)

Total syns for the day
: 17.5 :(

Last edited:
Well, messed up a lot yesterday! In the evening I just wanted to eat every piece of junk I could get my hands on and that's pretty much what I did! I did manage to leave a bag of rice crackers unopened though. Must try harder today!

Breakfast:
Grapefruit (S)

Lunch:
SW leftover chicken jambalaya (various S foods in this)

Dinner:

Total:

Snacks / drinks:
Black coffee, banana, satsuma (S)

Total syns for the day
:

Back