GSP's journey away from emotional eating

Hi all, sorry it's been so long since I updated here!

In the house now, and we are really loving the area. A few growing pains with the house itself, as it was built in 1975, and our previous house was built in 2006. I live in constant fear of asbestos, haha.

Those of you who are friends with me on fb will already know that I had a fall down the stairs at the new house. Fractured the tip of my humerus (did not find it funny!) and got a black eye when I bashed my face on a windowsill on the way down. The pain isn't too bad most of the time--manageable with ibuprofen, at least. But it's a bit they can't put in a cast; I just get a sling till it heals.

I think I've just maintained during the move and the fall. I had last time I stepped on the scales, anyway. Have reduced my calories by a little, since I'm a lot more sedentary right now. I did allow myself one day of absolute junk food after spending hours and hours in urgent care (didn't think anything was broken, so I went to a walk in centre) and then a&e, but am back to healthy eating now.

Hope you have all been well during my absence! Off to catch up on your news now. xx

Oh GSP thats a real ouchy :( you must have been really shaken up. Hope you heal quickly.

Great news on the house. You waited so long it must be such a relief. Hope you have many years of happiness there.

Good news on the mailtain too . Lottie x

Ouch!!! Looks sore. Hope you heal quickly and those pain eases off.
Huge congrats on the new house too!

Sounds like a stressful time, so not surprised the diets not been the priority.
Plenty of time to get back into things once your settled and on the mend :)

Oh dear GSP, just read this. Hope you recover quickly and it doesn't put you off your new house.

Thanks, everyone. :)

The pain isn't bad at all now. I mostly just get frustrated that I can't do things on my own. I had just started a push up challenge before I got hurt, so that's not happening now. I'm still walking, though!

I'm slowly getting back on track with the eating. With the 16:8, I discovered that I do best with a few large meals, rather than eating a little bit more often. So I've been splitting up my meals with 400cal for breakfast, 500 each for lunch and dinner, and 100 for a biscuit with a cup of tea in the evening. :D

Hope you've all been well. xx

Yay glad youre in less pain GSP and well done on walking , shame you had to postpone your challenge.

Sounds like you have a plan with the eating too. Obviously suits you. I read M Moseleys blood sugar diet recently and 16:8 is the thing he advocates doing.

What colour is your hair now ? Lottie x

Push-up challenge??? ouch!!

Sounds like a good plan. I try to stick to 200-300 for my breakfast and lunch, so I can have a bigger dinner (800)
But your plan of spreading it more equally across the meals is probably much more effective weight loss wise.

What does the 16:8 mean?

What jilly said! :) I find that I can hold off on eating for ages... until I start eating for the day. Then I just keep going!

And haha, my hair is the same colour it was when we had our meet! My natural brown. I'm thinking about purple soon, though. Have to disguise those greys somehow. ;)

The 16:8 sounds very interesting. Which 8 hour window have you found works for you?

Ooo, definitely go purple!! It would look fab! I must admit I love going purple, I've been giving my hair a break for the last year, but I have been tempted a few times by purple!

Ahhh! Yes I remember now. Does sound interesting, I always feel I'm losing more if I have an early dinner and a late breakfast...

OOh yes go purple, how pretty you would both look. Do it !
I feel the same about eating I can hold off but when I start, its hard to put the breaks on. Must be something in it. I'm going to have to make a little plan around that x

Hehe, sadly, I have to wait for the rest of my henna and indigo to grow out before I dye it any colour. Henna + indigo makes a great dark brown that covers grey reasonably well, but the henna seriously loosened my curl pattern, so I gave it up. And you can't dye over indigo... it goes green! It's almost there, though, and my curls are coming back. :) Once the last bit is chopped off... purple! Well, purple tinged brown. Don't want to bleach, even though that leads to awesome colours.

The 8 hour window that works best for me is noon-8pm, mostly because of the aforementioned difficulty stopping once I start eating. I just have a cup of tea or coffee for breakfast and I'm good to go.

I used henna a few years back, it was a lovely auburn colour. But I couldn't be bothered with it after a while, it felt like a chore. I go with the purple-tinged brown, the XXL Live ones are the only ones I have ever tried, but in the sun they look amazing.

I am quite tempted by the 8 hour eating window. And 12 - 8pm sounds good. I am not a breakfast person anyway, and like you, once I start eating stopping isn't always easy.

The XXL Live ones are the ones I use, too. They also seem to have the best reviews, so I'll be sticking with them!

I love the 8 hour eating window. Haven't been doing it recently, since I need food in the am to take painkillers, but plan on getting back to it asap! I've never been much of a breakfast person. Except when I'm on holiday, for some reason. Then, I wake up famished.

Eek, can't believe it's been since April that I updated this!

My arm is all healed, but... I still weigh the same. Well, maybe a pound or two less. Just starting to lose again now.

I have developed a new way to kill food cravings. When I want to eat a whole tub of ice cream or something similarly unhealthy, I imagine that the craving is coming from a tiny, petulant Donald Trump who has taken up residence in my head. If I feed him, he wins. It is actually surprisingly effective, haha.

Hope you've all been well. Seems like it's gone a bit quiet around here! xx

I'm sitting here and staring at the NHS BMI calculator in a bit of shock.

I'm no longer obese, for the first time since I was probably about 11 years old. I'm now just overweight. Oh my gosh. I genuinely didn't think I'd get here a few months ago, since my weight loss basically stalled for the past year.

Back